List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

ohhhh mid season trading - Shiel can be got in June

Happy Season 5 GIF by Friends
He's falling apart, by mid season next year he will be sharing a room with DMac at Healing Hans sanitorium in Germany.

Last edited:
Oh the joy i feel that we are interested in an Essendon reject

Surely we can do better!?

All well & good saying that but which back up KPD is available to sign as a DFA?

Keen to hear the better options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always rated Stewart. He's no star but he's solid citizen swingman that can play a good standard of footy at any level. I always thought he'd make it as a third tall forward. He's had some very good games as a forward but at GWS was behind too many and Essendon hasn't really maximised him. They always seemed to be about to push him aside even when playing regular footy. Could probably chop out ruck too. He's pretty tall.
Obviously let’s see what happens.

But for the reasons you mentioned they also feel similar (being a solid footballer)

Also worth noting.

Under the Ross defensive zone. It’s about playing your role. You don’t need to recruit stars to improve us defensively.

still interested to hear what happens with Dmac.

Talk about over complicating a process - why don't they just say the final date for de-listing players is Wednesday and the final date for signing de-listed players is Friday.

Monday, October 23
  • Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period Opens – Selections Only (9am)
Wednesday, November 1
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) Commences (9am)
Wednesday November 8
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) Closes (5pm)
Friday, November 10
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) Commences (9am)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) Closes (5pm)
  • Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period Closes –Selections Only (5pm)

I am biased. I want nothing from Essendon and i wish we had no dealings with them.

Mason Wood was always a good player on his day from memory?
The list management are pretty clearly positioning for a couple of years of development.
Retaining the likes of Jones, Dmac, Clark whilst looking at place fillers like Mannagh and maybe Stewart.
Next year Doogs contract is up and Battle a free agent. Something's gonna change.

The list management are pretty clearly positioning for a couple of years of development.
Retaining the likes of Jones, Dmac, Clark whilst looking at place fillers like Mannagh and maybe Stewart.
Next year Doogs contract is up and Battle a free agent. Something's gonna change.

Are they looking at Mannagh and Stewart? I thought that was just people on big footy made up.

I am biased. I want nothing from Essendon and i wish we had no dealings with them.

I like the idea of Ess paying some of a St Kilda players salary after the drawn out nonsense with Gresham.

Plus, it slightly offsets the losses from paying some of Billings wages

I like the idea of Ess paying some of a St Kilda players salary after the drawn out nonsense with Gresham.

Plus, it slightly offsets the losses from paying some of Billings wages

Someone already said that they wouldn't be, which is correct IMO.

Mason Wood was like Jack Billings. Showed patches that made you believe then got injured or his form went south.

Stewart was probably a bit unlucky not to have settled at the right club. At GWS he was a promising player who couldn't quite find a permanent role.

You don't have to deal with Essendon at all to pick up a delisted player. Cutting off players because they have been associated with a club you don't like sounds like madness.

But for the reasons you mentioned they also feel similar (being a solid footballer)

Also worth noting.

Under the Ross defensive zone. It’s about playing your role. You don’t need to recruit stars to improve us defensively.

I probably rate Stewart ahead of Cordy to be honest.

About time we drafted a decent key defender instead of trading away good picks or giving delisted average players a go. Our strike rate isn’t great.

Claverino
Adams
Van Es (Haven’t written him off yet)

Who was our last wuality key defender we drafted? And Battle was drafted as a forward and the jury is still out there.

About time we drafted a decent key defender instead of trading away good picks or giving delisted average players a go. Our strike rate isn’t great.

Claverino
Adams

Who was our last wuality key defender we drafted? And Battle was drafted as a forward and the jury is still out there.
Wilkie

Claverino
Adams

Jury still out ?

Finished top 10 the last two B and F

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jury still out ?

Finished top 10 the last two B and F
With me yep 100%. He was pretty consistent this year, but he’s a long way off the elite defenders in the league imo. And he’s been in the system for 7 years now with no major injury setbacks.

Claverino
Adams

The failure natural rate on KPD's is very high now due to forwards moving back. All of doogs, Batts and Cordy went that way and the shift to attacking CHBs has been a big part of it too.

We also haven't thrown much quality investment at it either.

Claverino
Adams

Clavarino was disapointing.
Was rated highly by some, but looking at this, there were plenty of question marks.

Van Es had a much better blurb before the draft.

Also worth noting.

SENIORS*

B: Wilkie - Howard - Webster
HB: NAS - Battle - Sinclair
C: Hill - Crouch - Wood
HF: Owens - Membrey - Butler
F: Higgins - King - Sharman
Foll: Marshall - Steele - Dow

Int: Henry Clark Hayes Phillipou Byrnes

RESERVES

B: McLennan - Van Es - Paton
HB: XXXXX - Stewart* - XXXXX
C: Jones - Stocker - McKenzie*
HF: Hotton - Allison - XXXXX
F: Campbell - Caminiti - Keeler
Foll: Heath - Windhager - Ross

*for the inevitable “[insert name] sHoUlD bE iN ThE 1s” goons, these teams are INDICITIVE!!!

With me yep 100%. He was pretty consistent this year, but he’s a long way off the elite defenders in the league imo. And he’s been in the system for 7 years now with no major injury setbacks.

You don't need three elite tall defenders and he's more than solid. He's above average in everything but spoils. If you have 22 players at an above average level by position, you're a very good side.

SENIORS*

B: Wilkie - Howard - Webster
HB: NAS - Battle - Sinclair
C: Hill - Crouch - Wood
HF: Owens - Membrey - Butler
F: Higgins - King - Sharman
Foll: Marshall - Steele - Dow

Int: Henry Clark Hayes Phillipou Byrnes

RESERVES

B: McLennan - Van Es - Paton
HB: XXXXX - Stewart* - XXXXX
C: Jones - Stocker - McKenzie*
HF: Hotton - Allison - XXXXX
F: Campbell - Caminiti - Keeler
Foll: Heath - Windhager - Ross

*for the inevitable “[insert name] sHoUlD bE iN ThE 1s” goons, these teams are INDICITIVE!!!

Not bad but I reckon Windhager ended the year miles ahead of Clark and Byrnes, so I'm going to be the first goon to pipe-up. Our VFL squad looks like it should improve especially if we get a good injury run.

Not bad but I reckon Windhager ended the year miles ahead of Clark and Byrnes, so I'm going to be the first goon to pipe-up. Our VFL squad looks like it should improve especially if we get a good injury run.
I hate you.

The only genuine WTF list spot for me is Allison, on the basis of those squads.

Just way off it too often for me.

Fully expect Owens to be ahead of Dow in the pecking order , Membery to me is doubtful - having Hayes , Cammaniti and even Keeler is going to make getting a spot in the teams forward line hard.
Phillipou , King , Higgins , Butler , Sharman to me are 5 of the 6 starters - and I feel Hayes has the ability to fill that CHF spot better than anyone.
Hope Membery proves me wrong because Membery at his best is in our best 22.

Our forward line will also have the mids rotating there so players like Owens , Dow , Windhager , Phillipou could all be spending time in there.

Totally agree he is way off being an AFL player and believe if Gallagher hadn't of given him a ridiculous contract, he would be one of the first delisted this year.

Hated our 2020 draft.

Players we shoved out the door.
Ed Phillips, a young mid, who had recently been playing the thankless pressure forward role. Good enough for depth back then.
Shane Savage
Logan Austin.
Jonathan Marsh.
Parker

Players we got in.
Alison
Highmore
McKernan
Frawley

Lol when you sack Ryan Abbot to get Paul Hunter, you know its more jerking off than drafting.

2 of the top list were shoved out the door so we could get McKernan and Frawley.

Hated our 2020 draft.

Players we shoved out the door.
Ed Phillips, a young mid, who had recently been playing the thankless pressure forward role. Good enough for depth back then.
Shane Savage
Logan Austin.
Jonathan Marsh.
Parker

Players we got in.
Alison
Highmore
McKernan
Frawley

Lol when you sack Ryan Abbot to get Paul Hunter, you know its more jerking off than drafting.

2 of the top list were shoved out the door so we could get McKernan and Frawley.
You have also conveniently left off Crouch and Higgins from the 'In' list, who are both some of the best ins we've got into the club for years and overall, cost us little.

Could also add in Wood as a picked up in the same off season and has done more with the list spot than anyone in the 'outs' expect Savage. And even then, we haven't had an issue at half back with Sinclair moving there and becoming the best in the comp at it so while he might have been stiff to miss out, it didn't cost us either.

You have also conveniently left off Crouch and Higgins from the 'In' list, who are both some of the best ins we've got into the club for years and overall, cost us little.

Could also add in Wood as a picked up in the same off season and has done more with the list spot than anyone in the 'outs' expect Savage. And even then, we haven't had an issue at half back with Sinclair moving there and becoming the best in the comp at it so while he might have been stiff to miss out, it didn't cost us either.
You can also add Sharman and Heath from the mid season draft.

Allison might turn out to be a bust he's the type of prospect where clubs see the potential of a greater upside than other more well performed players.

We obviously had an eye on him and the fact that we picked him at 26 when out next pick was 45 meant that other clubs clearly were interested as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back