St Kilda looking to trade out pick 1

Remove this Banner Ad

The greatest mystery of this post is if it's author is:

A. Illiterate
B. Dyslexic
C. Mental
D. All of the above

I'm plumping for D

My friend GWS -Im a rich man with a loving family,played at highest level and was only giving info I have been given ,before being nasty think and good luck with your studies

Grundy is even younger (20) and job sharing with Witts (who is older but comes from a non football background) while they learn the ropes concurrently. Both are averaging 10+ possessions. Not sure Longer is ahead of either of them.

Hes getting time to develop hence limited senior games.
Okay mate, guess you aren't gonna catch on anytime soon.

Does that explain 8 disposals a game?

It quite obviously does. He was playing forward target which is simply not his forte at all. Not nearly as much ball to be won up there. Hickey is playing in the middle and while his tap work isn't half bad he offers nothing at the centre bounce.

We'll have him.
Striaght swap for Jared Petrenko.

Dees might actually beat North again if that happens.

Why do people think the Saints would be silly to go after Pick 4 + something from GWS?

GWS - petracca
Melbourne - Brayshaw
Melbourne - McCartin/Wright
St Kilda - Wright/McCartin

Melbourne aren't going to take 2 KPF, not matter how talented they are. At worst the Saints get Kurt Tippett 2.0 and if Melbourne take Wright then the Saints end up with the kid they rated at #1 anyway.

If we trade pick 3 to a team desperate for a KPF then you may end up without one of the top 2 rated KPF's in the draft.

I think the talk of trading pick one is just to see what gets tabled, they know if GWS are desperate enough then they might put forward an offer to good to refuse, I wonder if they are trying to put doubt into the Melbourne recruiters and will try to somehow get us to upgrade our pick 2 to pick 1 to guarantee we get Petracca? Either way it will be an interesting trade/draft period.

If we trade pick 3 to a team desperate for a KPF then you may end up without one of the top 2 rated KPF's in the draft.

I think the talk of trading pick one is just to see what gets tabled, they know if GWS are desperate enough then they might put forward an offer to good to refuse, I wonder if they are trying to put doubt into the Melbourne recruiters and will try to somehow get us to upgrade our pick 2 to pick 1 to guarantee we get Petracca? Either way it will be an interesting trade/draft period.

Pick four means one of Petracca Brayshaw McCartin Wright, they can always go for a forward later on (they need midfielders just as badly if not more badly), and it comes with the added bonus of something on the side from G-dub. If I was in charge of the Saints recruiting, I would do it in three seconds flat (after about 40 minutes of uninterrupted crying because I'm in charge of the Saints recruiting).

Pick four means one of Petracca Brayshaw McCartin Wright, they can always go for a forward later on (they need midfielders just as badly if not more badly), and it comes with the added bonus of something on the side from G-dub. If I was in charge of the Saints recruiting, I would do it in three seconds flat (after about 40 minutes of uninterrupted crying because I'm in charge of the Saints recruiting).

Yeah it will be interesting what happens, it all really comes down to what GWS put on the table for pick 1.

Spot on.

GWS putting one of their big 3 forwards on the table would have circumvented that risk for the saints - but with Pattons injury, I would be surprised if that happens now.

If the Saints trade down, and say the Dees also trade down (bris, bulldogs?) - then the Saints will miss out on their 2 main tall targets.

Given the evenness at the top end of the draft, it will be quite a strategic trade period this year I reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They'll probably lose O'Rourke and Jaksch this year anyway so best off going one of them and pick 4. O'Rourke being a pick two they might want more for.

I would want both O'Rourke and Jacksche before I even thought about trading down from pick on to 4. I don't care what number they were drafted, it is irrelevant now.

They'll probably lose O'Rourke and Jaksch this year anyway so best off going one of them and pick 4. O'Rourke being a pick two they might want more for.

Yeah I guess it will come down to how St Kilda rates the top 4 in the draft, if they are happy with any of the 4 top rated then they would take that deal in a heartbeat, but if they rate Petracca and McCartin much higher than Wright or Brayshaw then they might play hardball.

I would want both O'Rourke and Jacksche before I even thought about trading down from pick on to 4. I don't care what number they were drafted, it is irrelevant now.

It is 100% relevant. Tyson demanded a high trade price solely because everyone knew how talented he was despite having just about nothing on the board at AFL level.

I'd expect St Kilda and Melbourne to trade down (melbourne to possibly trade out of the 1st round), I expect the Bulldogs to try desperately to trade up but they won't leave enough on the table to get it done. Geelong, Richmond and Brisbane will stay put and I firmly expect Sydney and Collingwood (if they have to use their first on Moore) will go hunting a high pick. In Sydney's case into the top 10.

St Kilda and GWS looks a dead cert to me for a swap of picks

Keep your pick 1. In a few years, you're going to realise how stupid you look by suggesting that petrecca is worth jaksch o rourke and peter wright combined

Remove this Banner Ad

Back