Mega Thread The Random Thoughts Thread Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not even Jim Jefferies?

Sure but Jim Jefferies had to go to the UK and then the US to make a living.

Pickering, Hughes etc. somehow have jobs for life based on what??? A few obvious jokes aimed to please the masses that don't want to think too hard or be offended. Carl Baron put out two DVDs with the same set for * sake ... and they both sold! Now he performs corporate gigs for a whopping fee using (you guessed it) the same material.

Sure but Jim Jefferies had to go to the UK and then the US to make a living.

Pickering, Hughes etc. somehow have jobs for life based on what??? A few obvious jokes aimed to please the masses that don't want to think too hard or be offended. Carl Baron put out two DVDs with the same set for **** sake ... and they both sold! Now he performs corporate gigs for a whopping fee using (you guessed it) the same material.

Couldn't agree more on all of that.

One I'll always respect is Adam Hills. I think he's funny as hell and he's done quite well for himself basing mostly out of Australia.

Wait, we have comedians in Australia....

Who knew?
I love a sunburnt country but your Aussie comedians are some of the worst I have seen. They are either wogs joking about others wogs, straight out racists or pretend *s.

Not even Jim Jefferies?

I'll be honest and say I'd never heard of him but have just watched some of his stuff on YouTube. Maybe it was too small a sample of his stuff but it didn't do it for me.
I don't really watch much stand up these days but the last two that genuinely made me laugh were Mitch Hedberg and Bill Burr.

I'll be honest and say I'd never heard of him but have just watched some of his stuff on YouTube. Maybe it was too small a sample of his stuff but it didn't do it for me.
I don't really watch much stand up these days but the last two that genuinely made me laugh were Mitch Hedberg and Bill Burr.

That's strange - I'd say he's actually Australia's answer to Bill Burr. Love BB, and Mitch was a god.

Talk about aussie comedians, anyone remember Bruno Lucia? For anyone who likes their comedy a bit on the controversial side than Brendon Burns is pretty good if you aren't easily offended.

I love a sunburnt country but your Aussie comedians are some of the worst I have seen. They are either wogs joking about others wogs, straight out racists or pretend ******s.
Easy cowboy...MY comedians are actually funny ;)

I love a sunburnt country but your Aussie comedians are some of the worst I have seen. They are either wogs joking about others wogs, straight out racists or pretend ******s.

Funny ones are out there, they're just rarely what are regarded as big names in Australia, and a few of the big names WERE actually funny before they were dumbed down for public consumption (Mikey Robins, Paul McDermott, etc). Face it........ Australian entertainment standards are pretty poor, we're well on our way to Idiocracy levels of TV viewing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hamish and Andy were fantastic when they were on at 10pm-12pm talking s**t with each other rather than interviewing vapid celebrities and going on pointless trips.
They are the worst of the lot. Bloody pathetic, can't believe they actually have a tv show, they were bad enough on radio.

Australian tv comedy peaked with Blankety Blanks and everything since has been a disappointment

Live TV shows like Blankety Blanks are spontaneous which is always bound to create a funny outspoken moment....

I can think of some good comedy at that time...

Kingswood Country, The Paul Hogan Show,

Then there was, Comedy Company, Fast Forward..... Hey Hey, its Saturday...(lame, but funny)

You know there's something wrong when Grappa or Pisco with coffee tastes like s**t.
:sad:

EDIT: whatever the fricken sad thingamajig is supposed to be.

:doublesad:

So I can either go to the footy (without kids for first time this season as they have a function to attend = more beer), or I can have 'relations' with a woman I have had them with only once before, or 'relations' with a woman I have not had them with before...or I can go to soccer training (this is probably 4th on the list).

Subtle brag/

Get really a get brethren, help me with my selection dilemma......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back