List Mgmt. 2014 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

IMHO, I believe Freo were very unlucky this season.
1) plane delayed to Sydney, kick off was less than 20 hours after landing.
2) on a roll in the third & budy kicks 2 goals that only budy can that gets swans rolling again.
3) port came off a training run in their semi.
4) got learn to kick straight, game should have been over at half time.
5) injuries not excuse but hurt badly at wrong end season.
I reckon Ross has to blood a few games into some young guys to keep the guns fresher and Freo still a good shot next year.

See Newton from Port has put himself into the draft. It must be remembered this guy delisted himself and Port wanted him on their list next year. Is he of any interest to us? Personally I reckon he's probably a better chance than our third rounder and if he's still there at our third we could do a lot worse imo.

Naturally gifted and very co ordinated kids can play any ball game once you show them how .
An old story but a good one was about Sir Garfield Sobers .
He was at the MCG training with his cricket team mates and was watching the Aussie boys kicking a football . He asked the Aussie boys if he could have a go at kicking the football .By the time he had his 3rd attempt he was kicking it as good as the Aussie boys who had grown up kicking a Sheridan for most of their lives . So that's how the story goes , if the kid has the ability he can learn but its a matter of time and patience .
Michael Jordan is also a scratch golfer ,Ponting is a scratch golfer Theres an ARL player chasing his dream of playing as a wide receiver is in America after winning the Dayley medal .
Folue ex ARL and AFL player just won the John Eales medal in the ARU so again nothing is impossible

Naturally gifted and very co ordinated kids can play any ball game once you show them how .
An old story but a good one was about Sir Garfield Sobers .
He was at the MCG training with his cricket team mates and was watching the Aussie boys kicking a football . He asked the Aussie boys if he could have a go at kicking the football .By the time he had his 3rd attempt he was kicking it as good as the Aussie boys who had grown up kicking a Sheridan for most of their lives . So that's how the story goes , if the kid has the ability he can learn but its a matter of time and patience .
Michael Jordan is also a scratch golfer ,Ponting is a scratch golfer Theres an ARL player chasing his dream of playing as a wide receiver is in America after winning the Dayley medal .
Folue ex ARL and AFL player just won the John Eales medal in the ARU so again nothing is impossible
Rugby League and Union have very similar skill sets. So much so that a convert can walk from to the other and be successful straight away. AFL is a unique sport that has no other sports that are close to the same.

Golf is not only a sport but a popular pass time for a large amount of people. A lot of athletes play golf in their spare time. The thing is they do it consistently. They may not be professional but they practice it regularly and are trying to better their game all the time. Much like the sport they are being paid to play only without the pay packet.

Point is that most professional athletes can be a gun at other sports but when trying to pick a different skillset it'll take them years to get to the required level. Basketball and AFL are like apples and oranges and a lot of players who play basketball seriously and footy for fun may make it but training a guy from scratch who hasn't touched a footy in his life would have a very low success rate I'd suggest.

Had a chat with Gossy at Subway on St Kilda Rd a few weeks ago - was a really good bloke. I'm actually amazed that we haven't heard anything of the runners-up nominating for the draft/rookie draft. Most of them were substantially better players than Lucey (who Geelong picked up).

Just come over to see who you guys like for for your R1 pick , and I read your post.

Probably 100% right in football talent , although a video of him post the signing of Lucey surprised me , he kicks the ball well.Something to work with and he is 203cm. One of the advantages of winning the show was they got treated as a CatB Rookie , just like someone from a non football background. Lucey also qualified for this coming from Ireland but Im unsure if the others do. As far as I know they have to go thru the draft , it would have had more impact for the show if the top 3 got drafted etc but I suppose they needed a winner

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just come over to see who you guys like for for your R1 pick , and I read your post.

Probably 100% right in football talent , although a video of him post the signing of Lucey surprised me , he kicks the ball well.Something to work with and he is 203cm. One of the advantages of winning the show was they got treated as a CatB Rookie , just like someone from a non football background. Lucey also qualified for this coming from Ireland but Im unsure if the others do. As far as I know they have to go thru the draft , it would have had more impact for the show if the top 3 got drafted etc but I suppose they needed a winner

Reece Maxwell also

Durdin or de goey for our 1st pick would be nice.For our 2nd pick Connor Blakeney.

If we landed Durdin and Blakeney at freo,IMO freo will have done well.
Durdin is definitely a possibility at your pick, and if not Hugh Goddard should be there and is a pretty similar player. If both are gone Marchbank will be there and he will still be a pretty good McPharlin replacement. Also IMO Connor Blakely won't be there at pick 34

I know a guy who worked with a guy who's neighbour was best mates with a guy who lived next door to a chick who was married to Bondies second cousin and he says we'll go for best available.

Is he usually reliable? I need this sort of informed opinion to keep me on top of key recruiting developments at the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back