Official Club Stuff Taylor Hunt - Round 1 Debut

Is Taylor Hunt a good fit for RFC?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually think well played tiges. Hunt isnt much worse then what was on offer during trade week and we got him for nothing.
Smart I think
Correct
Considering North paid top dollar for Higgins.
SAME SAME IMO

Foley has lost is pace.
Don't mind his work on the inside though.
We are screaming out for another inside ball winner.
I'd be moving Vlastuin into a more permanent midfield role, with Miles and Cotchin.
Grigg strictly needs to play on the outside.
Hunt could also be a potential replacement for Petterd. Pretty sure I saw him do a few tagging roles this year too.
Did we ever have Foley, Grigg and Petterd in the same side?
Still think its Foley, assuming Grigg can find that 2012 form on the outside.

dont put foley next to griggs or petterds :(
Foley is cooked. Too many still see him as that centre clearance king he used to be. Unfortunately injury has has put blow to his explosive pace.

Foley is cooked. Too many still see him as that centre clearance king he used to be. Unfortunately injury has has put blow to his explosive pace.
Nah I don't think so he obviously wasn't going at 100% as you would after those setbacks. Was slowly starting to release the afterburners at times later this year.

Looking at the Geelong board about hunt, They are of the opinion
Not very strong
Bad kicking

But a good mark and can run all day. Sounds like an average player
Hope he does well but im not holding my breath , We will be asking for his sacking by round 5 if he doesnt improve on what he showed last year

Could of said the same thing about Rance 2-3 years ago. We just have to back the kid in.

Nah I don't think so he obviously wasn't going at 100% as you would after those setbacks. Was slowly starting to release the afterburners at times later this year.
I guess he has 12 months left. Wait and see in regards to him.
I think one Foley, Grigg and Petterd will either be traded or delisted come seasons end.

Hunt will free up a guy like Grigg to become a more outside player who finds space again, and who hurts the opposition that way. Grigg is reknowned for not being great under pressure, but when he has time and space, he is quite handy.

Grigg is also an ordinary tagger, whereas Hunt will actually be able to shut down some top quality opposition players. The best you can hope for when Grigg tags, is that the tagee forgets about him, and he gets out and does some damage the other way (which in essence is the opposite of what a tagger should be doing lol).

Once again, it comes back to building gameplans for individual players that suit their strengths, not their weaknesses. Hunt coming into the side potentially makes Grigg a dangerous player again, imo.

It also means that a guy like Ellis or Vlastuin can focus more on their game too, as they would do occasional tagging jobs here and there.

Hunt's addition has a flow on effect that I think will make our team more fluid, whilst he is no A-grader by himself, it's the sum of parts that his inclusion brings, that makes it an astute decision.

At Geelong, they have his type in abundance already, and therefore he's not as valuable to them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welcome to TigerLAND Taylor your family would be wrapt!.You are arriving at an exciting time .Now clean up your act off the field ..stop partying & you may have a great career with the Tiges the club you supported as a kid!..It's your last chance after all!

Welcome to TigerLAND Taylor your family would be wrapt!.You are arriving at an exciting time .Now clean up your act off the field ..stop partying & you may have a great career with the Tiges the club you supported as a kid!..It's your last chance after all!
We signed Hunt and not Robinson yeah?

HUH!?!?

Is he still on that big contract?

No idea tbh, but Jackson was contracted until the end of 2015, and he pulled the pin.

Foley carried us between 2005-2009 while guys like Cotchin and Deledio came through, and while poor saps like Coughlan and Brown went down with career ending injuries. For that he should be commended, however the irony of it all is that injuries have robbed him of his best years, just like those guys I mentioned.

Is a great servant of the club, but he, along with Newman, will be (or at least should be) retiring at the end of 2015.

I would also hazard to guess that Chris Knights will retire as well, he has had a wretched run with injuries too, even more so than Foley.

No idea tbh, but Jackson was contracted until the end of 2015, and he pulled the pin.

Foley carried us between 2005-2009 while guys like Cotchin and Deledio came through, and while poor saps like Coughlan and Brown went down with career ending injuries. For that he should be commended, however the irony of it all is that injuries have robbed him of his best years, just like those guys I mentioned.

Is a great servant of the club, but he, along with Newman, will be (or at least should be) retiring at the end of 2015.

I would also hazard to guess that Chris Knights will retire as well, he has had a wretched run with injuries too, even more so than Foley.
Intersting you bring up Knights also.
Im really starting to think we could possibly attract 2 gun free agents next season.
We were rumoured to be in the market for Fyfe or Mundy this season so obviously we already have 700k-800k spare. Im starting to think with Jackson retiring this season and the possibility of both Foley and Knights retiring that we could be in the running to land 2 big free agents next year.
One around 700k - 800k and the other being 500k - 600k.
Hopefully players like Cotchin, Martin and Rance will be happy to stay on with minimum pay rises.

Care to explain?
I explained it mate ...he will be great pick up for us if he works hard & remembers what gained him a spot in a great Geelong side ..if he stops partying I will love seeing him tag out Selwood in round 5 like he has done to Cotch in the past..This will help us beat the Cats for the first time in ages ..We were less than a goal from them this year..

Reason he was let go from cats was hos constant party life

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree.

He got a glowing report in his exit meeting, from what I can gather (putting the pieces together of what I was told) that a probable 1 year contract at the cats was almost on offer but I don't think there was much guarantee of game time for reasons I mentioned earlier with other players making the most of their opportunity while hunt was injured.

End of the day he wants game time (like all other players) and felt it was better to explore options hence why he was put on the trade table.

As others have reported he was obviously contacted by several clubs so he took the punt.

Back