Official Club Stuff Taylor Hunt - Round 1 Debut

Is Taylor Hunt a good fit for RFC?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Grigg, Morris, Newman are the 3 who would be under pressure now IMO.
Also, Jackson was best 22. With him gone, this opens up another spot for that tagging role.
Hunt is very versatile, from what I've seen of him.
He can play a variety of roles.

not morris, i don't know why people are on the drop morris band wagon but he is one of the best lock down small defenders in the league, i like what Grigg does for our team but maybe.

I'm thinking Newman.

Grigg, Morris, Newman are the 3 who would be under pressure now IMO.
Also, Jackson was best 22. With him gone, this opens up another spot for that tagging role.
Hunt is very versatile, from what I've seen of him.
He can play a variety of roles.

not morris, i don't know why people are on the drop morris band wagon but he is one of the best lock down small defenders in the league, i like what Grigg does for our team but maybe.

I'm thinking Newman.
I actually see it as the other way around. Grigg needs to play on the outside. Cant remember if it was 2012 or 2013 but there was a year where Grigg got us all excited. Hopefully he can find that form again. Highly unlikely but its worth a crack.

Foley is cooked.
Foley is not cooked you will see next year as long as he stays unjury free.

Looking at the Geelong board about hunt, They are of the opinion
Not very strong
Bad kicking

But a good mark and can run all day. Sounds like an average player
Hope he does well but i'm not holding my breath , We will be asking for his sacking by round 5 if he doesn't improve on what he showed last year

I have faith in our ability to get the best out of him, 5+ years ago no but now i feel safe...plus he is a tigers supporter, surely that is an inspirational motivator, he would be over the moon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need a tagger now that Jackson is gone and his ability to play as a small forward will assist us against teams with multiple dangerous small forwards such as Port. We may actually see Morris and Hunt rotating positions depending on how match ups go throughout a game. Will all depend on his injury improvement. Regardless I love the idea of another strong bodied aggressive ball winner rotating through the middle :thumbsu:

We need a tagger now that Jackson is gone and his ability to play as a small forward will assist us against teams with multiple dangerous small forwards such as Port. We may actually see Morris and Hunt rotating positions depending on how match ups go throughout a game. Will all depend on his injury improvement. Regardless I love the idea of another strong bodied aggressive ball winner rotating through the middle :thumbsu:
Robbinson was the logical replacement for Jacko.

We should not have stuffed Morris around, trying to get him to be more attacking. I would rather Morris have 3 touches and keep the opposition forward quiet than have him get 10+ and get destroyed.

This year he was too often caught out of position because the club wanted him to provide some rebound. He got lost in the transition. Play him to his strengths.

We saw it with Freo. Ross Lyon tinkered to try a more attacking gameplan, particularly early, and their famed defensive pressure failed.

Stick to what works.

Grigg is great at running forward and into space and that is where his game stops . The more of these players like Miles , hunt and gordan we pick up who can run all day , kick goals , tackle and in Miles and hunts case play inside the better . These types may not look as flashy however they give regardless of the situation , which prevents the massive leaks during games and allow players like Cotchin , lids , Martin , Ellis , Edwards to spend more time offensively .
We need more players who can play multiple roles, Hunt can play any position other than KP .
WIN WIN WIN

We should not have stuffed Morris around, trying to get him to be more attacking. I would rather Morris have 3 touches and keep the opposition forward quiet than have him get 10+ and get destroyed.

This year he was too often caught out of position because the club wanted him to provide some rebound. He got lost in the transition. Play him to his strengths.

We saw it with Freo. Ross Lyon tinkered to try a more attacking gameplan, particularly early, and their famed defensive pressure failed.

Stick to what works.

His best is when he is attacking the game and reading the play.... winning the ball before his opponent... not sitting back trying to protect the ball from his opponent. His best form of defence was to attack the ball.

This cracks me up. 2013 almost injury free and =7th B&F and doing jobs on Rioli, Motlop, LeCras, Betts ect we loved him and rightly so. How times have changed.
The position 'permanent small forward' doesn't exist anymore. All forwards are expected to be able to run through the middle and that is where Morris is now a liability. Poor kick, shocking decision maker and very little football sense. The games has simply passed Morris.

The position 'permanent small forward' doesn't exist anymore. All forwards are expected to be able to run through the middle and that is where Morris is now a liability. Poor kick, shocking decision maker and very little football sense. The games has simply passed Morris.
Passed him by whilst injured in one year. Haha.

Back