List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Trade FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would take that.

Unfortunately we will get McCartin, Lamb, SMith and some "smokie" from the Eastern League
Nah we got rid of that work experience kid who did the drafting for us in 2006.
( I still cringe when I think about Brad Howard, and WTF was with Nick Winmar, did they get confused and think it was the guy from the 90s).

Brian S

McCarten is not in the same class as Nick as a Junior. Back then there was little discussion about #1 for a reason, he was a lock... And get used to the idea that he'll never be replaced. As plugger wasn't.

McCarten is not a certainty to be anything.... Similar to a former Gippsland FF who went to Freo first round and couldn't get a kick, Murphy I think?.... He is very one dimensional... Other than lead, mark and kick... Where are his strengths... And his scope? He is bigger and stronger than opponents now, yet his numbers are only good, not exceptional? What indicates that he will definitely become a good player in 5 years? He gets beaten in U18s

He is a better version of Jason Heatley... Not as magical as Fev....
How many teams carry a lead up FF these days?

Nick
A Southport premiership CHF at 17 with unbelievable hands and unseen athleticism since M Richo and Trent Croad with a better attitude and better work rate

Poor comparison... Like most others, won't get near that level.... Nick was a conduit between defense and fwd... McCarten has not got the game for that.

And Nick was possibly the clearest #1 pick in a decade at the time.

If you had paid attention to the draft you'd know that most 'experts' rate the mids/flankers as pretty well even from picks 10-20.

Given the likes of Marchbank, McKenzie, Lamb, McDonald etc who could all go higher, there is a significant chance of getting 2 quality midfielders this year.

Opposite to that - Therd arent any elite KPF options outside of McCartin, Wright or McKenzie.

Most people see Wright playing in the ruck given his athletic ability and size. Some people dont rate McKenzie in the first 2 rounds.

The only constant is that McCartin is the best KPF available.

So I ask - IF we dont draft McCartin, who is playing FF come 2018-2020 when we are planning on pushing into the top 4?

Roo wont be there and you've lambasted the club for resigning Tommy Lee. So who?

Putting alot of faith in Spencer White and Josh Bruce as KPF prospects. Or will you back our recruiters (who you have also had a go at in this thread) to draft one later?

Maybe we can cross our fingers that Cameron picks us?

McCartin makes sense.

Lol another person that thinks 2014 is the last possible year to grab a KPF lol.

Brian

Did you not watch CP in 2013.

His form as an under, was ridiculous.... And he hadn't long returned to footy...

Btw
Why isn't McCarten in as good a nick as say McKenzie? He's a big kid, with puppy fat whilst being an elite junior for 4 years and doesn't seem fit looking?

I have seen local u18 kids in better shape?

And I'm not sure why McCarten is that far ahead of McKenzie

McKenzie.... Bigger, stronger, takes contested marks, quicker, kicks bags....

I reckon Paddy read the ball well coming in, but what if it's coming in messy?

Flying Qatar in May. You will need to give me a rundown of the trip
I flew Qatar in July to Paris. Quality food and lots of it (got double breakfast of some of the best pancakes I've ever had - White choc n berry sauce), spacious for a plane but not as good as the Singapore A380 I had on the way home, only thing is that they give you ridiculous amounts of food every time you get a glass of scotch as though it will soak up the booze, quite funny. You won't be disappointed at all but Singapore my favourite in every category. Oh, if you are a Barca fan you'll be happy with Qatar but no Fox footy to be had - you could pay for the Internet on board to watch the draft stream - that would be impressive dedication!

Sorry to go off topic.

Last thing on this issue

A obvious rule of drafting ..... For any team, but especially ones rebuilding.

In the first round

Ignore player type!!! It's cliche, but best available is not to be deviated from....

Who was best available , Deledio or Roughead?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol another person that thinks 2014 is the last possible year to grab a KPF lol.

Certainly not thr last year for any KPF.

Just that the talls for.next year arent getting the same sort of hype that McCartin and Wright got 12 months ago. Or that Boyd got the year before he was eligible.

There may be a gun KPF come through and stake a claim for a top 2 or 3 pick in next years draft.

Why take that chance though when we have a gun forward in our reach this year?

I, for one, will trust the professionals who are paid to watch game after game, tape after tape, and travel from city to city to interview players, their parents, their coaches and their neighbours' dogs' walkers' aunt to make the correct judgement.

All year there's been a few names tipped for pick one. I don't buy that in the space of a month one can become an untouchable deity. Our recruiters have been watching these players for years, and they'll be expecting them to be tearing it up in red, white and black for years to come. They're not going to go out on a limb.

If anyone here genuinely knows better than our recruiters, they're in the wrong place.

Certainly not thr last year for any KPF.

Just that the talls for.next year arent getting the same sort of hype that McCartin and Wright got 12 months ago. Or that Boyd got the year before he was eligible.

There may be a gun KPF come through and stake a claim for a top 2 or 3 pick in next years draft.

Why take that chance though when we have a gun forward in our reach this year?
Not even the fact that it may be the last year to grab one.

But he's really really good, I was always a carts man before I got brainwashed and gave into everyone else saying tracca, the best form from carts I have seen was his 2013 form, he was a beast

Both great players..... Delidio is a dual AA and three time B&F and the fastest player ever to 200 games. He is no dud, in a terrible team with a terrible coach for years...

How do you reckon Delidio would have gone at Hawthorn, Geelong?

How about Griffen vs Tom Walsh or Cotchin vs Kruzer or Watts vs anyone

Important we pick a player who will be a gun.... Not probably a gun.

Honestly, I reckon CP will explode in the AFL... His rise in two years is freakish

Trust BM to come in when ****s hitting the fan. It's like a seagull hovering, waiting for someone to leave some food on a park bench.

If you think PM is one dimensional then I would suggest you actually watch him play instead of maybe some highlights reel. And if you want a better feel for what he is like, watch a fit 2013 PM. We picked Billings on his 2012 form over 2013 form and turned out okay. Has been done before.

In terms of marking he can mark on the lead and crash packs and he is also ridiculously good below the knees and has a very serviceable snap. And he is smart and crafty. He has the ability to create opportunities for himself so he will find ways to have 3-4 shots on goal even if we lose.

He's a natural footballer, an elite talent who will become a very good KPF for either us or Melbourne. It makes sense from a list management perspective.

But still gimme Petracca.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back