List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Trade FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't really seen Maynard discussed in here, thoughts on him? Think he'd be a solid choice at one of our picks in the 20s

I don't mind him but personally I see better value with a few others. Dan McKenzie, ANB and Blakely (in that order) are the three I like if all the big names are taken.

I'd still be a bit annoyed that we didn't work out a deal with the Dees for pick 3 during trade week because I think it could have been a pretty easy one to make happen if we wanted but we may have backed ourselves into a corner with all the talk about 'extraordinary deals'.

If we knew we wanted McCatin in trade week I would have happily done 1 and passing on Frost in the PSD for 3,23 and passing on McCartin. We'd end up with 3,21,22,23,41 and the Dees get 1,2.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, the point I have been trying to make. Should have known who we wanted heading into trade week, we had ample time. Sat on our hands, when we could have dealt with Melbourne and still landed McCartin, whilst getting pick 23. Surprised there are so few posters annoyed about how we played trade week.

I think we'll take McCartin and then make a play for Dangerfield next year on around $800k/year.

Finnis clearly wants us to be competitive quicker than a full rebuild would allow and it seems that having to pay $1m+ for a key forward isn't part of the plan so this move would tick both of those boxes.
Paying $1m for Jeremy Cameron would surely bring your rebuild forward quicker than just about any other?

Exactly, the point I have been trying to make. Should have known who we wanted heading into trade week, we had ample time. Sat on our hands, when we could have dealt with Melbourne and still landed McCartin, whilst getting pick 23. Surprised there are so few posters annoyed about how we played trade week.

Will you still be annoyed if we pick CP at 1?

Seriously, I think people are looking for reasons to be annoyed at the club ATM.

Paying $1m for Jeremy Cameron would surely bring your rebuild forward quicker than just about any other?

Cameron would probably be more than $1m a year and while he'd be a massive get it would have knock-on effects to the rest of the list. We need to have cap space to make sure our bottom 6 is good enough as I think that is arguably as important as our top 6.

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2014-11-25/making-the-tough-call
"If we go for the best player and we think Petracca is in front, we’re going to have to pay a million plus to get the forward we need. The market is saying that now. So let's get one in now and get him to fall in love with our footy club.

If anyone truly believes we didn't know who we wanted going into draft week, then they need to give themselves a swift uppercut.

So who do you think we will pick on Thursday? You seem to claim that you have all the answers but very rarely do you just state them plainly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You won't be carded w2l

It wasn't offensive, a little pathetic maybe?

If my opinion holds so little weight, why debate it? Seems a contradiction?

Fact is, your wanting a player, but are happy with whoever the club picks, so I consider your opinion to carry little weight.... As you don't really have one of your own? Just trying convince yourself

And being negative about st kilda, is that a sledge? Given our history, being positive about st kilda is the same thing as being gullible.

Btw
You do realise your post was childish yeah?

Anyway,
I'm on the Paddy bandwagon now.... Petracca only likes winning
He'll never fit in.

You started on the personal stuff Mart. References to the Bachelor? What a hypocrite.

Those of us over 35 can remember the bad old days, you reckon you're the only one who went through it? You're a self indulgent miserable piece of work.

Keep telling yourself that you're the only poor Saints supporter who has suffered. Keep going over old ground. We haven't heard about Brad Howard for a while...what about Cripps & his picture? Oh why didnt we take Luke Parker????

Can't wait for your next piece of selective negativity. Its bound to arrive at about 8.30 on Thursday night.

Will you still be annoyed if we pick CP at 1?

Seriously, I think people are looking for reasons to be annoyed at the club ATM.

Yes, it is my preference that we finish bottom again. In fact I would prefer we win 3 games this year, because I had so so so much fun last year watching us get hammered every week this year.

Seriously, if you are not going to even address the point being made, why bother chirping in with a lazy lame response.

FWIW, I will be wrapped if we get Petracca.

Clint Jones has signed on with Sandringham Zebras.

Good VFL signing for them!
nice get, hopefully he has a mentor role on matchdays for our saints guys

My thoughts from recruiters meeting;
Player 1;
Played TAC Cup as bottom ager
Played for Vic Metro.
Tac Cup Team of the Year (I think, was sure they were talking about this and not the U18 All Australian Champs)
Competetive/works hard/athletic.
Kicking queries/decision making = deemed to have improved over the year.
More attacking. 2 tackles a game in Champs and 3 in U18s (Tac cup I assume since Champs was already mentioned)

Possible players in my opinion; Jayden Laverde, Paul Ahern
*both played tac as bottom ager, u18 champs for vic metro, more attacking players then defensive at this stage.
Comment of: "Averaged 2 tackles a game in the Championships and 3 in the under 18s (I assume u18s as tac cup since they've mentioned the championships??? hm)"
Laverde: Averaged 2 tackles a game in the Championships. Averaged about 2.5 tackles a game in TAC Cup.
Ahern: Averaged 2 tackles a game in the Championships. Averaged about 2.33 tackles a game in the TAC Cup.
So, neither averaged 3 which confused me. Petracc averaged 4 a game in Champs so rule him out, Langford averaged 2 but 4 in the TAC Cup so rule him out. May be rounding up to 3 for 2.5 from Laverde??? Duggan, Ellis both averaged 4 tackles a game in Champs so rule them out.

"Good Championships, but better 2nd half as confidence grew"
Laverde's second half of Champsionships were worse barring last game, played well and kicked 3 goals. Ahern's perfomances seem better barring last game (just 10 touches and a goal).

Think it may be Ahern, Laverde won't be there at 21 and some of the stuff doesn't add up with Petracca (tackling mainly). Also Ahern seems to be slidng down a few people's draft orders, a lot of it just seems to match up with Ahern to be the first player imo. If I'm wrong let me know haha.

Oh w2l,

We have history? Why didn't you mention it?!

At least I was wrong about Howard, Lovett, Cripps and Luke Parker eh..... Egg on face there.... At least my opinion counts for less than yours but?!

And perhaps read right back through the thread to see who threw the first stone champ... I responded.

Anyways, this isn't about us, so leave it there....

Having said that, I won't be told by you or anyone... That I can't have an opinion.

And I also went through the dark times... I'm however, not proud of that, like many are...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back