List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Trade FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
St Kilda
Draft selections: 1, 21, 22, 41.
Needs: Key forward and midfielders.

St Kilda continues its strategic list transition through a deliberate and aggressive approach towards the draft which will be complemented by trading/free agency in coming years. The Saints had the oldest player list in the competition at the end of 2011 – which together with significant TPP pressures resulted in the need to carefully re-design its whole player recruitment program. The conscientious work of list manager, Ameet Bains, recruiting manager, Tony Elshaug and their committed staff has provided the club with genuine reason to approach the future with confidence – starting with the 2014 draft where either Christian Petracca or Paddy McCartin will add another critical piece to the big picture.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-11-27/pelchens-final-take

Initially I was all Petracca, but now I have come around to thinking that from a 'long term' list management sense McCartin is the way to go! I think if he didn't have the diabetes concerns people would be happy that the club has moved that way. The illness is scary and there are a lot of what ifs over his health, but I am sure the Saints have covered off on that in every way possible.

It looks like Pelchen has us taking McCartin with slight comments like the below in his article -

The whispers are that Christian Petracca will be lining up in red and blue next year

Paddy McCartin's reflexes could be on show in Saints' colours next year.

I was interested that he nominated our Needs as a Key Forward and Midfielders (only). Surely the list requires another key defender developing to replace Fisher, which leads me to believe they will take Elliott Le Grice as a rookie.

Last edited:
TAC Cup 2013-14
Paddy McCartin
Games: 13
Goals: 41
Average: 3.2
Marks: 108
Average: 8.3

TAC Cap 2012-13
Tom Boyd
Games: 20
Goals: 67
Average: 3.4
Marks: 121
Average: 6.1

TAC Cap 2012-13
Joe Daniher
Goals: 52
Average: 2.6
Marks: 153
Average: 7.7

TAC Cup 2010-11
Jon Patton
Games: 24
Goals: 57
Average: 2.4
(marks not avail)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TAC Cup 2013-14
Paddy McCartin
Games: 13
Goals: 41
Average: 3.2
Marks: 108
Average: 8.3

TAC Cap 2012-13
Tom Boyd
Goals: 67
Average: 3.4
Marks: 121
Average: 6.1

TAC Cap 2012-13
Joe Daniher
Goals: 52
Average: 2.6
Marks: 153
Average: 7.7

TAC Cup 2010-11
Jon Patton
Games: 24
Goals: 57
Average: 2.4
(marks not avail)

Adding to this, Paddy only playing the 13 games shows he doesn't have quite the exposed form as others and there just may be some further untapped potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back