Review Winners and Losers in the Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Dawson from the Lions is an absolute ripper. As an underager he won AA honours at the U18s but got injured last year at the champs and missed some games. Flew completely under the radar and from reports should have been taken in the top 20 at least. Can't believe we only paid pick 44 for him. Very, Very strong overhead and can take a speccy easily... just needs to improve his contested ball work a bit and he will play this year.

Nelson deserves a mention. Nobody on the Eagles board said much about him, probably had the least hype attached to him of all our draftees.

I think everyone was universally impressed with his performance on Friday, some players just deal with pressure well and he seems to be one of them.
Jackson Nelson? Reminds me a bit of Vlastuin. Thought he was a solid chance to make it. What pick did you use on him?

Dawson from the Lions is an absolute ripper. As an underager he won AA honours at the U18s but got injured last year at the champs and missed some games. Flew completely under the radar and from reports should have been taken in the top 20 at least. Can't believe we only paid pick 44 for him. Very, Very strong overhead and can take a speccy easily... just needs to improve his contested ball work a bit and he will play this year.

Richmond bid on him with pick 33 IIRC. Looks a good type, will be watching closely.

Bulldogs have hit the jackpot!!!! Dale has grown since we picked him up 3 cm and looks so smooth with the ball in hand think Ausie Jones but taller

Guess he is a slick mover then……..

t1ZPerS_csi-miami-horatio-caine-sunglasses_108.jpg

The hype on DeGeoy from some Pies supporters is over the top.

Better then Beams I think not.

De Goey showed a fair bit tonight.

What I saw from him he could be as good as Beams

I don't understand the DeGoey hype, didn't get much of the ball.

Teia Miles was pretty good for Hawthorn, particularly when you consider he's a third round pick. 18 disposals, good run and carry, efficient kick.

Well De Goey Used it Well and Hard Tackler. Give him 50-70 Games and He be up with the Best of Collingwood Players

He can play and helps with losing a player like Beams. But he had 12 touches kicked a goal and tackled well

Well he was known not as a High Ball Winner coming out of TAC Cup but that is something will improve over time.

Well all 3 players from the Beams Traded played well tonight

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He can play and helps with losing a player like Beams. But he had 12 touches kicked a goal and tackled well
Only played 57% of game time in one glorified practice match. To early to say how good he will be, however he ticked a few boxes. Good tackler, hard at it, courage under the ball good mark and a nice kick.

Only played 57% of game time in one glorified practice match. To early to say how good he will be, however he ticked a few boxes. Good tackler, hard at it, courage under the ball good mark and a nice kick.

Showed that he has the Potential of being a Very Good Footballer.

Highilights:

Loved what I saw from Paddy-Mac today. Good both on the lead inside 50 and pushing well up the ground, held a strong overhead mark and showed great courage to back into a marking contest at one point. 10 disposals, 5 marks, 1 goal 1 behind from 75% game time in a forward line that was starved of opportunities (just 9 inside 50's in the first half!) was a perfectly fine return. Looking forward to seeing how he goes with Rooey once he returns.

De goey played very well on Thursday night. Practice match or not the nab cup is for the young kids to show what they've got and based on that he could be starting round 1.

Loved what I saw from Paddy-Mac today. Good both on the lead inside 50 and pushing well up the ground, held a strong overhead mark and showed great courage to back into a marking contest at one point. 10 disposals, 5 marks, 1 goal 1 behind from 75% game time in a forward line that was starved of opportunities (just 9 inside 50's in the first half!) was a perfectly fine return. Looking forward to seeing how he goes with Rooey once he returns.

You blokes definitely made the right call there....Gun class forwards are as rare as hens teeth....This kid stood out like dogs balls 2 years ago in the under 18 nationals, as a bottom ager. Even then he was the obvious number 1 pick for his Draft....He'll be at least as good as Roughead, probably better IMO.

You blokes definitely made the right call there....Gun class forwards are as rare as hens teeth....This kid stood out like dogs balls 2 years ago in the under 18 nationals, as a bottom ager. Even then he was the obvious number 1 pick for his Draft....
Yeah, I think many underestimate or are ignorant of how well he performed and how much he showed in his underage year, when he was presumably fully fit (unlike for much/most of his draft year), and as such you see all these comments suggesting he was not worthy of the no.1 pick, not as good as Patton and co. and so-on.

He might not be as tall as them, but he is the type who seems to pretty much automatically be in the right spot at the right time on the lead, is incredible below his knees, will charge through anyone who gets in his way and is terrific 1-on-1 in contested marking situations.

He didn't look out of his depth in any way yesterday and I'm so looking forward to seeing what he's like in a couple of year's time, once he's added a few more kgs of muscle. This preseason looks to have been mostly about trimming down and becoming more streamlined and able to work more up the ground, but after another preseason or two of running he ought to be able to start working on adding more strength/muscle to his ample frame.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back