Mega Thread The Random Thoughts Thread Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
losing animals is seriously upsetting. All the best mate.
My Blue Heeler ( Boof ) is ten now. He's starting to show his age. Developed a limp, and really slowing down. He's my best mate and ive resigned that i will lose him in the next few years. My experience with dogs is that they go downhill very quickly. I feel edgies pain.

I'm never getting a good dog, or a dog for that matter ever again. Its too hard when you have to say goodbye.

images
'whats that batman?'

'why its utensil robin....'

I broke my Port pint glass. Now I have to fill a normal whisky glass up to 4 times. Per the Megastore site we no longer seem to sell them, but we do sell wine glasses. Why are people so unkind?

SCN_08-10-2010_EGN_17_kamahl%20egnoct8.IMG_t325.jpg

Cricket World Cup has gone on so long that I am setting up the fireplace in anticipation of watching the Semi Final...

Also noticed that we are back up to low 30's this time next week.
#lincolnweather
Shouldn't that be #linconweather?

I've got a young dog with my girlfriend, shes great, but with respect, she's not one of a kind like Taz was, in personality or appearance/breed. He can never be replaced, and that's ok with me. I will continue to be an animal person as long as my lifestyle permits me to care for them.

#petsforever

I've got a young dog with my girlfriend, shes great, but with respect, she's not one of a kind like Taz was, in personality or appearance/breed. He can never be replaced, and that's ok with me. I will continue to be an animal person as long as my lifestyle permits me to care for them.

#petsforever

After the first comma are you talking about your dog or your girlfriend?

#petsforever

Don't ever stop taking in dogs. I've always had kelpies, and when my last one died it felt like the end of my world. But I tried to push through the pain and forced myself to get another one with two weeks. At first she just seemed like some shyster who was eating out of Sammy's bowl and drinking out of Sammy's dish, but I soon started to love the absolute s**t out of her. She's now the greatest thing in my world and I honestly think about her all day while I'm at work. She's never more than 5 metres away from me and sleeps not only on my bed, but under the quilt.
Get another dog of Taz's breed. Often you'll find that a lot of the characteristics and personality traits are acquired through the environment they grow up in, as well as the breed, obviously. Get another one, and soon enough it'll seem like you've got Taz's little brother or sister running around the house. Do it. The only time in the future I may consider not getting another dog would be when I'm at an age where the dog would probably out live me. I couldn't selfishly leave a little one behind like that.

Don't ever stop taking in dogs. I've always had kelpies, and when my last one died it felt like the end of my world. But I tried to push through the pain and forced myself to get another one with two weeks. At first she just seemed like some shyster who was eating out of Sammy's bowl and drinking out of Sammy's dish, but I soon started to love the absolute s**t out of her. She's now the greatest thing in my world and I honestly think about her all day while I'm at work. She's never more than 5 metres away from me and sleeps not only on my bed, but under the quilt.
Get another dog of Taz's breed. Often you'll find that a lot of the characteristics and personality traits are acquired through the environment they grow up in, as well as the breed, obviously. Get another one, and soon enough it'll seem like you've got Taz's little brother or sister running around the house. Do it. The only time in the future I may consider not getting another dog would be when I'm at an age where the dog would probably out live me. I couldn't selfishly leave a little one behind like that.

#vivalacassie

#vivalacassie

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427371122.058072.jpg

She's pushing 11 now. Still goes like a wind up toy. From the day I picked her up I vowed to make sure she only ate the very best vet food, no s**t food at all, and exercised every single day. She's in the best physical condition she could possibly be in and because of this I'm hoping she'll go on for years to come. Absolutely no signs of arthritis or dementia, just the cute bits of grey developing around the mouth. Love her to absolute bits.

#vivalacassie

View attachment 118999

She's pushing 11 now. Still goes like a wind up toy. From the day I picked her up I vowed to make sure she only ate the very best vet food, no s**t food at all, and exercised every single day. She's in the best physical condition she could possibly be in and because of this I'm hoping she'll go on for years to come. Absolutely no signs of arthritis or dementia, just the cute bits of grey developing around the mouth. Love her to absolute bits.

#vivalacassie

Meanwhile, our 15 year old kelpie is as mad as a hatter on an LSD trip. Night terrors. Incessant licking of stuff. Deaf as a post. Back legs quivering like an old lady's lower lips. #fathertimeisapedo

That's the problem, no one knows what breed Taz was. A real mixed bag. If anyone can help identify based on the pictures, that would be very helpful! More can be supplied if it helps!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching Lufthansa presser about Germanwings air crash and the spokesman is pissed off with what has happened he said - "the actions of co-pilot leaves us speechless."

The Airlines cant win. If they make the cabin door full proof to a hijacker getting in then it means if a nut case like the co-pilot ends up by himself in there, then he can keep everyone else out and.crash the plane.

Anyone watching the news of the building collapse coming out of Manhattan?
This is the more comprehensive photo I found.
Horrible for those who reside in the building and for the building itself which looks to be over 100 years old.
View attachment 119042

http://mobile.news.com.au/world/man...ave-trapped-many/story-fndir2ev-1227280560666

How long did it burn before it plummeted to the ground in free fall? An hour? Cos we all know that's what happens to burning buildings in New York.

Watching Lufthansa presser about Germanwings air crash and the spokesman is pissed off with what has happened he said - "the actions of co-pilot leaves us speechless."

The Airlines cant win. If they make the cabin door full proof to a hijacker getting in then it means if a nut case like the co-pilot ends up by himself in there, then he can keep everyone else out and.crash the plane.
I might be wrong...but is it a safety precaution if the pilot must leave...a stewardess must go into the cabin?

I might be wrong...but is it a safety precaution if the pilot must leave...a stewardess must go into the cabin?
Pretty sure the Luftansa CEO said it happens in US but not in Europe.

Okay so the Gawler Line...

"The curry and the degenerates"

So I hopped on the packed train with a minute to spare before it was due to leave, I had to stand, even the standing room was super crowded. Anyway, the train left on time, however as soon as the doors closed and the train left the station (the perfect timing as the train was at maximum capacity with not a whole lot of ventilation) - this Indian fellow ripped out a massive curry from his backpack and started eating, my god the stench, I mean holy s**t. He was literally ruining the entire train trip for everyone on the carriage. There was a large lady sitting next to him who commenced pulling all sorts of faces of complete and utter disdain, however she strategically decided to make her already obvious irritation even more obvious. She turned away from the fellow with the curry (who was in a window seat) and she had her back to him with her feet in the isle, continuing to pull funny faces. He continued gorging himself, with his headphones in completely oblivious to the havoc he was wreaking on all the passengers.

Just as I was going to message miss feel about the lulz (she was sitting parallel to where I was, but obviously we don't want to discuss these things in the open), she sent a text to me first saying "oh my god that curry STAAAANK, but also look to your right. That young lady with her huge sewing bag that says "keep calm and sow on" and her boyfriend are definitely...different." so I turned to my right and lold that I hadn't spotted this action sooner, as I eavesdropped and heard them talking about cat-kin (furries) and the up-coming comic con, and what they were going to dress up as. Jesus Christ, I thought. Never a dull moment.

Then Miss Feel texts me again, "look at the large lady next to the curry man.", the lady had begun inching further and further away from the Indian guy, so much so that she was right on the edge of her seat, just to make her dislike even MORE obvious. I thought, "He is going to have a bad time, his cricket side is getting thrashed and now this lady is looking ready to unleash."

A few stops go by, not much changes, the degenerates continue to dribble s**t about sewing and making furry costumes, their stop comes up and her massive sewing bag falls over into my leg and she loudly pronounces "SORRY, MY SEWING BAG TRIED TO KILL YOU." Yeah, whatever. Anyway they hopped off, and so did the large lady next to the Indian fellow. The train was emptying a bit now. However some odd looking fellow with a bucket hat saw my jacket and commented "THAT'S A NICE JACKET, KEEP YOU WARM IN THE VICTORIAN MOUNTAINS", "the * is going on?" I thought, what the * do the Victorian mountains have to do with anything? "yeah thanks, heh heh" I replied. Then I get a text from miss feel again, "dude...is he crying?"

I look at the Indian guy, who has started absolutely bawling his eyes out and tries to hide it in his jacket. Miss Feel goes "Oh my god, I hope he didn't see my texts! This is so awkward." she goes super red in the face worried it was her fault. I think to myself "Is he upset that people have been giving him filthy looks and avoiding him? Now I feel bad." I watch him for a bit, he composes himself and some more time passes, the train is over half empty and miss feel and I now have seats next to each other.

Suddenly he starts bawling his eyes out, even worse than the first time, completely heaving and struggling to not make noise. Miss Feel goes "I feel bad, maybe we should ask if he is alright?", then as she says this, the weird fellow who commented on my jacket gets up and goes to the curry man and says "Are you alright?" (what a champ, genuine nice guy.) to which the Indian wails "it's my dad, he's gone." to which this really hits home to me having lost my dad when I was younger. The guy says "That's awful, how old was he?" to which the Indian replies "50." as he continues to really cry his heart out. I ask miss feel, "do you have some tissues in your handbag? he is crying into his jacket." she does and hands me some, so I got up and handed him some tissues to which he was very thankful and I said "I've been there, I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. All the best." and he calmed down, our stop came up and that was it...or was it.

Miss feel and I needed to do some shopping, so we headed down to the Elizabeth centre. Literally as soon as we walk in, my retail experience kicked in and I saw a group of teenagers and I said to miss feel "Those three are looking to steal. They have that look." and not 30 seconds later - I saw them start dumping things they had intended to steal into the fridge cabinets, turns out a woolies staffer had been following them and watching them. He then approached them to order them to leave the store. I said to miss feel "Bang, told you so." of course, the teenagers (male and two females) started kicking up a fuss "* YOU campaigner, YOU THINK I WAS ******* GONNA STEAL A MARS BAR? YEAH RIGHT campaigner ******* campaigner * YOU, LOOK AT YOU campaigner THINKING YOU ARE ALL TOUGH AND s**t, WHY YOU PICKING ON US YOU UGLY campaigner, * YOU" as they are ejected from the store and the staff member looks nonplussed as if he has dealt with it a thousand times before (I know that feel.)

Miss feel and I finished our shop, and went home literally exhausted from a typical day on the Gawler line and northern suburbs in general. I hope the Indian gentleman is coping alright, and I hope those filthy degenerate teenagers got put down like the rabies infested animals they are.
1427410490517.jpg

Last edited:
I have only positive memories of living in Elizabeth. It was definitely a step up from the Smithfield migrant hostel, where we had a choice of an accommodation block next to the (Gawler) train line or the sewerage treatment plant. We chose the former. There was full employment and Central District had just entered the SANFL - they were hopeless, so my brother and I chose Port Adelaide because we loved Geof Motley's Glen Ewin Jam commercials. Inspired by The Thunderbirds we formed 'Sullivan Rescue' (we lived in Sullivan Rd, Elizabeth Park) and would rush to put out grass fires that the bad kids used to start. My only regret was never getting to see the Tintookies at the Octagon - oh, and John Martins at Elizabeth never seemed to have Thunderbird 3 in stock :mad:

Okay so the Gawler Line...

"The curry and the degenerates"

So I hopped on the packed train with a minute to spare before it was due to leave, I had to stand, even the standing room was super crowded. Anyway, the train left on time, however as soon as the doors closed and the train left the station (the perfect timing as the train was at maximum capacity with not a whole lot of ventilation) - this Indian fellow ripped out a massive curry from his backpack and started eating, my god the stench, I mean holy s**t. He was literally ruining the entire train trip for everyone on the carriage. There was a large lady sitting next to him who commenced pulling all sorts of faces of complete and utter disdain, however she strategically decided to make her already obvious irritation even more obvious. She turned away from the fellow with the curry (who was in a window seat) and she had her back to him with her feet in the isle, continuing to pull funny faces. He continued gorging himself, with his headphones in completely oblivious to the havoc he was wreaking on all the passengers.

Just as I was going to message miss feel about the lulz (she was sitting parallel to where I was, but obviously we don't want to discuss these things in the open), she sent a text to me first saying "oh my god that curry STAAAANK, but also look to your right. That young lady with her huge sewing bag that says "keep calm and sow on" and her boyfriend are definitely...different." so I turned to my right and lold that I hadn't spotted this action sooner, as I eavesdropped and heard them talking about cat-kin (furries) and the up-coming comic con, and what they were going to dress up as. Jesus Christ, I thought. Never a dull moment.

Then Miss Feel texts me again, "look at the large lady next to the curry man.", the lady had begun inching further and further away from the Indian guy, so much so that she was right on the edge of her seat, just to make her dislike even MORE obvious. I thought, "He is going to have a bad time, his cricket side is getting thrashed and now this lady is looking ready to unleash."

A few stops go by, not much changes, the degenerates continue to dribble s**t about sewing and making furry costumes, their stop comes up and her massive sewing bag falls over into my leg and she loudly pronounces "SORRY, MY SEWING BAG TRIED TO KILL YOU." Yeah, whatever. Anyway they hopped off, and so did the large lady next to the Indian fellow. The train was emptying a bit now. However some odd looking fellow with a bucket hat saw my jacket and commented "THAT'S A NICE JACKET, KEEP YOU WARM IN THE VICTORIAN MOUNTAINS", "the **** is going on?" I thought, what the **** do the Victorian mountains have to do with anything? "yeah thanks, heh heh" I replied. Then I get a text from miss feel again, "dude...is he crying?"

I look at the Indian guy, who has started absolutely bawling his eyes out and tries to hide it in his jacket. Miss Feel goes "Oh my god, I hope he didn't see my texts! This is so awkward." she goes super red in the face worried it was her fault. I think to myself "Is he upset that people have been giving him filthy looks and avoiding him? Now I feel bad." I watch him for a bit, he composes himself and some more time passes, the train is over half empty and miss feel and I now have seats next to each other.

Suddenly he starts bawling his eyes out, even worse than the first time, completely heaving and struggling to not make noise. Miss Feel goes "I feel bad, maybe we should ask if he is alright?", then as she says this, the weird fellow who commented on my jacket gets up and goes to the curry man and says "Are you alright?" (what a champ, genuine nice guy.) to which the Indian wails "it's my dad, he's gone." to which this really hits home to me having lost my dad when I was younger. The guy says "That's awful, how old was he?" to which the Indian replies "50." as he continues to really cry his heart out. I ask miss feel, "do you have some tissues in your handbag? he is crying into his jacket." she does and hands me some, so I got up and handed him some tissues to which he was very thankful and I said "I've been there, I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. All the best." and he calmed down, our stop came up and that was it...or was it.

Miss feel and I needed to do some shopping, so we headed down to the Elizabeth centre. Literally as soon as we walk in, my retail experience kicked in and I saw a group of teenagers and I said to miss feel "Those three are looking to steal. They have that look." and not 30 seconds later - I saw them start dumping things they had intended to steal into the fridge cabinets, turns out a woolies staffer had been following them and watching them. He then approached them to order them to leave the store. I said to miss feel "Bang, told you so." of course, the teenagers (male and two females) started kicking up a fuss "**** YOU campaigner, YOU THINK I WAS ******* GONNA STEAL A MARS BAR? YEAH RIGHT campaigner ******* campaigner **** YOU, LOOK AT YOU campaigner THINKING YOU ARE ALL TOUGH AND s**t, WHY YOU PICKING ON US YOU UGLY campaigner, **** YOU" as they are ejected from the store and the staff member looks nonplussed as if he has dealt with it a thousand times before (I know that feel.)

Miss feel and I finished our shop, and went home literally exhausted from a typical day on the Gawler line and northern suburbs in general. I hope the Indian gentleman is coping alright, and I hope those filthy degenerate teenagers got put down like the rabies infested animals they are.
View attachment 119083
Thank * the Grange line is pretty normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back