Mega Thread The Random Thoughts Thread Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been surprised a few times when I've turned on the TV to find out that an old mate is a:

- Murderer
- Paedophile
- Taliban fighter

Wow. He was a busy bloke.

So I was on my to the Highway to watch the Superb Owl a couple months ago and my journey would take me via the fabled Gawler Line.

Getting on at Elizabeth, I made my way towards the ticket vending machine to buy my first daytrip since Hawke was in The Lodge. Behind me in the queue was a freshly-minted African gent and an old, bald, "Centraaaaals" TransAdelaide guy watching us both like a hawk. While I'm paying on my card, my sub-Saharan brother from Danny Glover was waiting patiently with a $5 note in his hand.

"It doesn't take notes sir, you'll have to ask one of your fellow passengers for change", says the TA guy in the sort of abrasive manner preferred by nightclub bouncers who card Gandalf, but usher knickerless schoolgirls through like the Columbine kids have taken aim at the queue.

*Sudagalese fella stands there sheepishly for a moment, not quite knowing what to do*

"Don't just stand there. You must buy a ticket. Ask someone here for change", insists the TA guy who at this point may as well have had a flashing neon sign above his head saying I FAILED THE COP EXAM/STARTED A HURRICANE KATRINA FANPAGE.

Now I don't know whether he was shy or couldn't quite understand the point, but my Nubian commuter just kept standing there. So despite juggling my card, wallet, phone and ticket (the struggle, it's genuine), I went over and swapped him a handful of dollar coins for his fiver before he got chewed out even more, fined or found himself chained up on a plantation.

I guess what I'm saying is does this provide me with an "I'm not racist because" get out of jail card for the next 6 months or can I spread it out for the full 12 you reckon?
I love watching owl's as well , where can I watch this superb owl?

Been surprised a few times when I've turned on the TV to find out that an old mate is a:

- Murderer
- Paedophile
- Taliban fighter

but he was NOT a pr0n star.

Nearly as much as Jon Bon Jovi as a vampire hunter.

That's so bad it is good!

This is just baaaaaaad.

Will have to get properly plastered and watch it again, had a good spontaneous drunk movie night a while back. Decided we were too drunk to video game, which was the intention, so ended up just flicking on the TV, and having a Wild Things marathon.

Just watched Easy Rider again. Classic Dennis Hopper.

180914easyriderw.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When you have dinner and a few bevs out with the lads, come home and fall asleep in front of Bill Burr on Netflix and get woken up by the dog who needs to go out in the middle of the night and you look at the 'wave and it's only 1:20am. Feel like something to eat. Don't feel tired. Shouldn't eat. Should sleep. #firstworldhorrors

When you have dinner and a few bevs out with the lads, come home and fall asleep in front of Bill Burr on Netflix and get woken up by the dog who needs to go out in the middle of the night and you look at the 'wave and it's only 1:20am. Feel like something to eat. Don't feel tired. Shouldn't eat. Should sleep. #firstworldhorrors

Teriyaki beef jerky is glorious at 1:20am. However, I think it is at it's finest at 1:32am.

Got really a get these days brothers with the original get really of getters

Seriously, how much time off do AFL players actually get? This is throwing a spanner in the works of the argument for a better work-life balance.

And some AFL umpires too, I was really rubbing shoulders with the elite!

Did these guys never watch Animal House? :confused:

US frat houses under fire

All looks like a bit of harmless fun...

I think I've been on about 15 footy trips and 20 mad mondays over the years and don't remember anyone that I know discussing assaulting any women (or men) using drugs to take advantage of anyone or any "hazing" type activities. I saw some funny stuff and lot's of people get hurt but most of that was self inflicted.

These fraternities don't wan't a brotherhood culture they want a bullying culture that confirms, in their minds, their elitism.

****ing weak dogs.

All looks like a bit of harmless fun...

I think I've been on about 15 footy trips and 20 mad mondays over the years and don't remember anyone that I know discussing assaulting any women (or men) using drugs to take advantage of anyone or any "hazing" type activities. I saw some funny stuff and lot's of people get hurt but most of that was self inflicted.

These fraternities don't wan't a brotherhood culture they want a bullying culture that confirms, in their minds, their elitism.

****ing weak dogs.

And therein lies the bones of capitalism laid bare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back