Roast * you Jason Dunstall

Remove this Banner Ad

I cannot stand this campaigner commentating Collingwood games. Normally he isn't a bad host on TV but whenever Collingwood plays he barracks so hard for the opposition. Doesn't matter who we are playing, he grunts in the background if something goes Collingwoods way like a 50-50 free kick or the bounce off the ball. And his analysis consists of what the opposition have to do to get back in the game or to stay on top. I'm sorry I had to make a thread for this imbicile but every man has their breaking point .....mine was today when Jesse White got that free kick for too high and he went off.....even claiming the free should have gone the other way because white took out his legs. Can someone please shut this tool up?

I managed sporting complexes and a golf course in Melbourne over 15 years ago and as a result had yearly contact with said villain Dunstall as well as other high profile individuals in both the TV and sporting industry at our annual Pro-am's over many years.

In all that time only 1 AFL player was a pig and yes it was Dunstall.

Year after year he would turn up and not mingle with others, he would walk on the opposite side of the fairway away from his playing group and literally not correspond at all.

He never stayed for presentation and the feedback from his playing group was always negative (pole up his arse no time for others).

Conversely Dippa was the opposite such a nice guy, had lunch with him in his city offices returned the favor and would walk and talk with him and his wife when we met on the track from time to time.

John Platten, Brad Scott, Salmon, O'Donnell, and many others were all great guys who genuinely gave up their time for the charity event as did Red Simmons Wilbur Wild and John Blackman who was for many years the M.C and a person to this day I greatly admire.

Special mention for Nicki Buckley and Murray Bingham, wonderful people.

Worst TV Celeb's I encountered were John Wood; spat the proverbial over not having his exact brand of red at a charity function and Sandy Roberts for repeatedly swearing at his cameraman and sound team.

David King is a ******* nuffy. I still remember during 2010 and 11 when every week he would come up with someway to stop the Pies winning games, and claim this is the week they would lose.

After he was wrong about 40 times in a row he finally got one right and wouldn't shut up about it for a week. Complete tool.

David King predicted with confidence we would win the 2010 flag after about round 15. He likes Collingwood. he is fine. About as unbiased a commentator as you can get, and easily the best analyst in the media.
Jason Dunstall was horrible. The problem is, what does that mean exactly? He could be horrible for 20 weeks and still be employed next year. That is the standard of football media. It's absolutely pathetic.
Whately and King are the only ones that can hold their head up high.
Fox footy is actually better than channel 7, where the opinions are known before the event.

I always believe if Aliens came ton this planet and saw Alistair Lynch on TV, they would think we were making fun of him, so inept and uncomfortable is he in the role. And yet he comes back, year after year, and is even on a footy variety show when he struggles to speak a sentence without completely mangling the English language.

David King predicted with confidence we would win the 2010 flag after about round 15. He likes Collingwood. he is fine. About as unbiased a commentator as you can get, and easily the best analyst in the media.
Jason Dunstall was horrible. The problem is, what does that mean exactly? He could be horrible for 20 weeks and still be employed next year. That is the standard of football media. It's absolutely pathetic.
Whately and King are the only ones that can hold their head up high.
Fox footy is actually better than channel 7, where the opinions are known before the event.

I always believe if Aliens came ton this planet and saw Alistair Lynch on TV, they would think we were making fun of him, so inept and uncomfortable is he in the role. And yet he comes back, year after year, and is even on a footy variety show when he struggles to speak a sentence without completely mangling the English language.
I agree on David King! I think he is the best analyst and doest mind the Pies. Onto Jason 'anti collingwood' dunstall. Jesse white gets hit in the head and he tries to argue should have been a free kick the other way. Take off you anti collingwood fat hat! Not to mention every time Cloke got rag dolled oh will bucks complain to wayne campbell about that one? Their commentary is very childish. Nothing worse then having the anti collingwood fox sports commentating team of Dwayne Russell, Jason Dunstall and Gerard Healy!

I'm totally serious, it was way easier to watch, and so much less aggrevating turning the sound off.

Twice I turned the sound back up after we kicked a goal to perhaps hear something positive - both times they were saying s**t to the effect, "Oh that resulted from a dodgy free or that was very fortunate that something else went this way or that way" or whatever ...

Strongly suggest it for next time - try it, you'll see!

Yeah I must admit there are some games now where I just stick on mute.

I could not believe Dunstall comment. Why didnt someone just say to him " so if you dive for a mark and get hit in the head that is ok?"....of course its bloody not and good to hear Tim Watson suggest similar this morning on SEN.

Re King yeah he is pretty good

Just saw the game for myself. You guys weren't exaggerating... he goes on and on.

I would consider that outburst to be unprofessional by a commentator even if they were CORRECT in saying it wasn't a free. The fact that he was incorrect in his passionate rant makes it ludicrous.

Why does a renowned Collingwood hater get a gig calling one of their games anyway? His bias was always going to cloud his judgemen, apparently so badly that he misunderstands the rules of the game and misunderstands what a crack down on "diving" actually means.
I remember he was once on mmm and pies supporters were calling in calling him out about it. He said "Yes I admit, I hate Collingwood but I could go back through the commentary and show you plenty of times they praised them", I don't reckon you'd have needed 3 fingers to count them. Bloke is a flog when it comes to Collingwood

I have to admit that I generally keep my feelings about commentators in check because none of us can claim to be unbiased toward our own club but Dunstall had me seriously wondering what drugs he was on. Now I could let the comment about not being a fee kick go even if it obviously was but to then dig a hole bigger than the grand canyon by suggesting it should have been paid the other way was absolutely bizarre. Does he even know the rules? I also have to admit that I find it mind boggling that commentators keep suggesting that player "almost threw it out". What the hell does that even mean?

Yeah I must admit there are some games now where I just stick on mute.

I could not believe Dunstall comment. Why didnt someone just say to him " so if you dive for a mark and get hit in the head that is ok?"....of course its bloody not and good to hear Tim Watson suggest similar this morning on SEN.

Re King yeah he is pretty good
What did Watson have to say? Were they referring to the White incident?

I remember he was once on mmm and pies supporters were calling in calling him out about it. He said "Yes I admit, I hate Collingwood but I could go back through the commentary and show you plenty of times they praised them", I don't reckon you'd have needed 3 fingers to count them. Bloke is a flog when it comes to Collingwood

I remember this too. And he is right...he praises collingwood....but only when he has mentioned how the opposition should have done better....or when the game is done and dusted and he must realise the storm is coming so he needs to be more positive so he can at least show he wasnt biased the whole game

I honestly think Chief saw it live, went the early crow and then for some reason refused to change his mind once he saw what really happened in the replay. Too stubborn. That's the only semi-reasonable explanation I can come up with.

As for Browny agreeing... probably thought it would make the situation less awkward to just say he agrees and to get on with it. Because I'm sure as hell, as a fan of protecting the head from trauma, he'd have hated it if Jesse was knocked out cold.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Commentary in our sport isn't needed, it just isn't.

Last night I was watching the last quarter of Hawks/Swans while listening to a soccer game from Scotland.

I still knew exactly what was going on at all times during that last quarter in a great game. Meanwhile I could see on social media people whinging about Darcy and the channel 7's crew commentating and kissing Cyrils' arse, well until he stuffed up 3 times in the last minute and cost them the game.

I've asked for a long time for a red button option where there's no commentary at all, just the atmosphere of the game, it would be so much better then the drivel we have to put up with AFL commentators.

7 and Fox call games worse then any sport I know of in the world, their commentary is 90% biased and 10% accurate.

You are the poster boy for all us males whom females claim cannot multi task. Bravo my friend, for I will use this post in all my arguments henceforth

Just watched the replay of White's free kick. Commentary by Dunstall was bizzare to say the least, and Brown should be ashamed of himself for refusing to disagree with him. The guy dived for a mark, and got an elbow/hip to the head from a player coming in from the side for his efforts, and he should somehow have a free kick paid against him??? Seriously... as I said on page 1, if the guy is going to commentate on Collingwood games, he should at least try to pretend he can make an unbiased call. That was just flat out disgusting.

You are the poster boy for all us males whom females claim cannot multi task. Bravo my friend, for I will use this post in all my arguments henceforth
Agree... would LOVE an option to have no commentary. The only one I can listen to is BT.... and that's just for the comedic value. All of the others are an actual disgrace.

I'm totally serious, it was way easier to watch, and so much less aggrevating turning the sound off.

Twice I turned the sound back up after we kicked a goal to perhaps hear something positive - both times they were saying s**t to the effect, "Oh that resulted from a dodgy free or that was very fortunate that something else went this way or that way" or whatever ...

One good thing going to the Footy. You don’t listen to the Idiot Commentators:thumbsu:

How about this from the GC board.

We were on a bit of a roll until that dickhead green maggot awarded White the free for taking out Lonergan below the knees and he goaled
I mean WTF?
They're supposed to know the rules...and they get paid well for it.

White took out the opposition legs? I mean seriously they have to be taking the piss?
I know we are all biased to favour our own footy teams but FMD. In what world is that not a free kick? A hip to the head is a free kick every friggin day.
It doesn't matter the circumstances, you can't make contact to the head with your hip. But anyway White was going for a mark kicked at his feet. That's why his head was down.
If any team did not get that free kick their fans would be up in arms.
I replied to that post, and now have a couple of their posters legit trying to tell me that it should have been play on. One is even saying it was 50/50 because White 'shouldn't have dived and taken out Jesse's legs', ignoring the fact that White was neither sliding directly in to Lonergans legs, nor making contact below the knees :drunk:

Dumbstal and Brown dog are Fowards and if it happened to them , they'd both be asking for a free kick. Bias disgraceful attitude exposed!

Yeah, after comparing the reaction on our board to that of the Sun's board I'd be interested to get a video clip of the incident to post on the umpiring board and get opinions from some of the "neutrals".

Any of our video gurus able to put it onto youtube or make a gif? Preferably youtube I guess so we can hear Piggy's ranting

Yes I watched this game at a pub, with no commentary on, music on instead. I had a great time. I also was a lot more positive about the game afterwards.

Had a look on bigfooty and you could have sworn it was a loss - I think the anti-Collingwood commentary rubbed off on a lot of posters and they thought our performance was a lot worse than it was.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back