2015 Trade/FA Discussion (cont. in Pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah seems you are going for quality over quantity in terms of who you are bringing in. Obviously can't let opportunities like Danger go. Perhaps the recruiters from Geelong have some late pick smokeys in mind. You've had success late in the draft in the past.

Still i couldn't see us giving anything much back for Jansen. He was a fairly late pick to begin with, uncontracted and he hasn't even played an AFL game yet. Based on what we got back for 1st and early 2nd round picks who had played good senior footy, you would be lucky to get anything better than a 4th.

As I said ..it will depend on good will to some degree... id say there is a degree of respect for kids that have been thru our system so not having played is not a total knock. And whether LM's comment come into or not is hard to say..as I said.. 2 years at Geelong and its fine to look at other clubs..seems a bit of a conflict.... so it may even look worse if you grab a kid like that straight to the PSD. On top of that , you have had some recent Geelong guy that have seemed to have worked out and if the BL's just PSD him ..it may not be great for the good will.

Something in the 50's would be fairly innocuous I'd say.

But what your academy kids like for next year... seems to be a good crop coming thru.

2 last year that go pretty well - Dawson & Andrews
2 this year that are highly rated - Keays & Hipwood
2 next year, all things being equal - Allison & Rolls

That'd be 15% of our primary list being academy products. I dare say 25% - 50% would be our end game goal :thumbsu:

I think it's interesting that Andrew Hamilton (grain of salt, etc) has said that when the Lions were dealing with Carlton over the Bell trade, Carlton offered Levi Casboult as well in return for a higher pick. Sounds like Levi wants out and the Blues are shopping him around.

If I were the Lions, I'd be all over it.
link?

I think it's interesting that Andrew Hamilton (grain of salt, etc) has said that when the Lions were dealing with Carlton over the Bell trade, Carlton offered Levi Casboult as well in return for a higher pick. Sounds like Levi wants out and the Blues are shopping him around.

If I were the Lions, I'd be all over it.
Depends on Carltons definition of a high pick. For all we know they could be talking about a top 10 pick .

2 last year that go pretty well - Dawson & Andrews
2 this year that are highly rated - Keays & Hipwood
2 next year, all things being equal - Allison & Rolls

That'd be 15% of our primary list being academy products. I dare say 25% - 50% would be our end game goal :thumbsu:
And Freeman !

we can always trade future picks to ensure we still have enough points banked to pick up any late academy selections such as Williams. Future 3rd rounder for Jansen? Future 2nd rounder for Bell?
Too high for both. We got could get Jansen for a 5th rounder actually seeing as Geelong have a huge influx of players and need the space.

im assuming we would be playing around with the idea of a pick in the 30s and they want an early second rounder or reddens compensation
Your right, I would be more comfortable trading Aish out for picks 24 + 26 and bring Casboult and Bell in. Then we can take West Coast pick 17 to the draft. I don't want to do any favours for Carlton after the Docherty trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GWS are the latest club to show interest in Former Cat Steve Johnson according to Channel 7's Tom Browne.
Yeah no surprise there, considering what they offered Geelong in the closing stages of last year's trade period. Good to see we're linked to Anderson. Turning Aish into Anderson would be a great outcome

Sorry JazRulz63's post hasn't loaded properly I can't see the post properly what does it say about West Coast and why will their first rounder be available? Have they stopped chasing Jetta?
We're likely to straight swap Sinclair for Jetta now, according to reports. Leaves us with our first rounder still available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back