Mega Thread The Random Thoughts Thread Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing they have said that I have taken in was certain things shouldn't be able to be seen at certain distances due to the natural curb of the earth....
If they shouldn't be able to be seen you wouldn't see them. It's an interesting thought "what would things look like if the earth were flat" but obviously you'd have to be insane to think it were true.

If they shouldn't be able to be seen you wouldn't see them. It's an interesting thought "what would things look like if the earth were flat" but obviously you'd have to be insane to think it were true.
I said it before...

Though I may not subscribe to a theory... I don't dismiss things so easily...no matter how whack...

Calling someone crazy because it directly goes against what you believe is too dismissive imo

Its the exact same thing they did to people who said the earth was round..years ago...except they burnt them at the stake

I said it before...

Though I may not subscribe to a theory... I don't dismiss things so easily...no matter how whack...

Calling someone crazy because it directly goes against what you believe is too dismissive imo

Its the exact same thing they did to people who said the earth was round..years ago...except they burnt them at the stake
Are you saying the round Earth is a 'theory' that is just some peoples 'belief'?

I said it before...

Yeah, but there's challenging theories and accepted thought - which is essentially the basis of science - and wantonly ignoring long-established fact or evidence with a raft of anecdotal claims.

I was talking about flat earth...hence I do not subscribe
But flat Earth goes against what some people believe (ie round earth). I believe in the immortal words of Rafa Benitez... 'facts' may come in to it.

Yeah, but there's challenging theories and accepted thought - which is essentially the basis of science - and wantonly ignoring long-established fact or evidence with a raft of anecdotal claims.

Science has ignored laughed at dismissed labeled crazy perfectly plausible ideas like round earth..

And vice versa...science has had accepted theories that later turned out to be false

But flat Earth goes against what some people believe (ie round earth). I believe in the immortal words of Rafa Benitez... 'facts' may come in to it.
You understand exactly what I was saying...but you are either fishing for likes or be trolling

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was one thing I really liked in the Matrix thing, and it was in the series of short films that came out, the Animatrix, which was the idea of an athlete breaking through the Matrix by pushing, and pushing for that extra little edge every day, as an act of will and effort to break the rules, and beat what `everyone knows' is impossible.

The idea that reality in a scifi setting can be broken by someone other than a stereotypical intellectual/hacker is pretty unusual.

There are such things as undisputed facts, unless this is the matrix.

Wait, what the **** am I doing even entertaining this?

inb4 powerstuff disagrees with me
Oh you mean hologram universe theory...

Yep they have that too

Science has ignored laughed at dismissed labeled crazy perfectly plausible ideas like round earth..

And vice versa...science has had accepted theories that later turned out to be false

This isn't that. This isn't Galileo challenging the church's say-so with new evidence, or a series of geologists eventually proving the theory of continental drift over the incumbent theory of receding land bridges.

This is a bunch of noobs throwing idea soup at a wall and because another noob sees a corn kernel stick then there must be something to it.

And with this discussion our off season has found a new low

Family fun day can't come soon enough

While everyone was losing their s**t over the potential moral decay caused by ubiquitous pr0n being carried into every home by the internet, the real danger is the default intellectual-contrarianism fostered by the great unwashed, who thanks to Google are reading at levels not seen since school - or perhaps ever - but have no idea how to critically assess the bullshit they're exposed to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back