Fantasy 2010 BigFooty Mock Draft - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Bigfooty 2010 Mock Draft

Sorry for any delay lads, I'm on the other side of the world so may take a few hours for my posts.

There was no way I could pass up on Bradford at that spot in the draft, there is no doubt someone big is going to fall to Seattle with this pick. Some mocks have it being Okung, if he was available I would have taken him first.

Looking forward to hopefully another key player falling to me at 14.

Didn't think Bradford would get past Seattle....

The one player I really wanted is gone (Berry) so let me have a quick think of things. If this were the real draft, I suspect I would be looking to trade down into the 15-20 region.

Clausen to the Redskins would be a dream for me. I'm a Notre Dame fan. I'm a Redskins fan. I'm NOT a Jason Campbell fan.

Jimmy just plays with such a tenacity and purpose. He would be perfect at Washington. Especially under Shanahan.

Check out his agility, passing strength and accuracy. And how about his throws-on-the-run? Sublime.

[YOUTUBE]RGHzJo8Bc5k[/YOUTUBE]

Yeah, I'm thinking about taking the pick... I'll give Stiza until tomorrow morning... did message him also...

pm's are only usefull if you log on....

Re: BigFooty 2010 Mock Draft - Discussion

49ers select Mike Iupati, Guard, Idaho.

Yeah, yeah, I know taking guards in the first round is a waste but this guy along with Williams (taken earlier) will lay the foundation for one of the best offensive lines in the league for years to come....he could ultimately project to tackle or even on the defensive side.

His upside is too great to be ignored and could possibly be the most NFL ready player in the draft and will be a day one starter.

Actually I think Iupati at 17 is a bargain. Earlier this year i was hoping he would make it down to the Vikings in the draft, but his stock has soared as the year has progressed.

My point in the draft opinion thread was in response to GGs about DTs regularly being busts when taken high in the draft, and was not aimed at Guards per se, it was more about the number of DTs taken high in the draft compared to the lack of any OGs being taken in the top 10 in the last 12 years.

Iupati has the ability to transform the running game of the team that selects him, and like Steve Hutchinson (who was also taken at 17 BTW) Iupati will be a valuable asset to any team that has him on their roster.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His upside is too great to be ignored and could possibly be the most NFL ready player in the draft and will be a day one starter.

re: Iupati. From various places I've read about the player the upside is definetly there but whether he starts immediately is questionable given his rawness, unrefined technique etc. So what's the real consensus on this guy?

Actually I think Iupati at 17 is a bargain. Earlier this year i was hoping he would make it down to the Vikings in the draft, but his stock has soared as the year has progressed.

My point in the draft opinion thread was in response to GGs about DTs regularly being busts when taken high in the draft, and was not aimed at Guards per se, it was more about the number of DTs taken high in the draft compared to the lack of any OGs being taken in the top 10 in the last 12 years.

Iupati has the ability to transform the running game of the team that selects him, and like Steve Hutchinson (who was also taken at 17 BTW) Iupati will be a valuable asset to any team that has him on their roster.

I hear you Sven...I think some people get carried away on certain postions not being worthy of high draft picks (guards, tight ends, strong safeties) but if the player turns out to be a ten year starter it doesn't really matter where they were picked for mind.

The problem with the DT position is that everybody covets the next great disruptive linemen so it is a position gms often reach, unfortunately the skill level jump often finds out a lot of the good college players who succeeded at school level simply becuase they were bigger, faster or stronger than their collegue level opposition.

re: Iupati. From various places I've read about the player the upside is definetly there but whether he starts immediately is questionable given his rawness, unrefined technique etc. So what's the real consensus on this guy?

Given the performance of our guards last year, Mr Burns from the Simpsons would get a starting gig.

If he gets straight into camp (no holdouts) and learns the system quickly I have no doubt he will start straight away as a guard. With his physical tools he is even considered as a potential tackle but if he stays a guard he could be a great one in the mold of Larry Allen (only quicker).

It's not only that, it's that Iupati can become one of the best guards early on in his career. Sadly I think most teams will look for upgrades at flashier positions and he should slip to the bottom of the first.

Still a good mock draft so far anyway - better then any mock draft on the net.

If I was picking for the skins at 4, I wouldn't of picked Clausen.

Well you weren't, so you don't have a choice.

If you're going to question a pick, atleast come up with a valid argument or question as to why.

17 picks in seven days. Another mock draft crawls along at a snails pace!

I've got pick 30 (Vikings) and 34 (Lions) coming up and would like to get them out of the road before Easter starts. I'm heading off for a break and won't be anywhere near a computer for 4 days.

Could everyone with upcoming picks should have a short list of who you want to pick and PM it to Fuey.

Couldn't agree more, i have the colts at 30 and it seems like the draft has come to a stand still and with easter coming, i don't think it will speed up much either.

Yeah hopefully we can speed the pace up as I'm also going to be away for a period next week. Shouldn't be all up to Fuey and co to speed it along, but no way am I going to do anything to help but complain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back