Strategy 2013 v 2014 Draftees, who would you take

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he meant Scott Selwood, who tagged Bont round one and was smashed

Umm what?
Scott selwoods s**t.

Yeo has far better athleticism which the eagles need so I would prefer him to be starting in the square over Bont.

It's really not.

1. You've rubbished Cripps, who is a much much better footballer than you've given credit for.

2. You've said Bontempelli doesn't offer anything priddis and shuey don't, while also claiming you'd prefer yeo because of his athleticism and being dynamic.

Forgive me for not rating your opinion that much. It's like you have never watched Bontempelli

1. You've rubbished Cripps, who is a much much better footballer than you've given credit for.

2. You've said Bontempelli doesn't offer anything priddis and shuey don't, while also claiming you'd prefer yeo because of his athleticism and being dynamic.

Forgive me for not rating your opinion that much. It's like you have never watched Bontempelli
Bontempelli has a
Good leap and Slightly above average pace but he is nowhere near yeos level in athleticism. I have proof: while bontempelli did not come too 10 for anything in th combine, Yeo came 1st for stranding vertical leap, 7th for running vertical leap, 1st for agility run and second for kicking test.
Pretty sure Yeo is far more athletic.

I just said Cripps is ovverated he is still a very good youngster but he gets way overhyped on here.

Yes it is
I proved it wasn't the post after yours. Not to mention he also got better results in the 20m sprint and repeat 20m sprint. Yeo beat Bont in nearly everything (couldn't find results for beep test and 3km).

Bontempelli has a
Good leap and Slightly above average pace but he is nowhere near yeos level in athleticism. I have proof: while bontempelli did not come too 10 for anything in th combine, Yeo came 1st for stranding vertical leap, 7th for running vertical leap, 1st for agility run and second for kicking test.

I just said Cripps is ovverated he is still a very good youngster but he gets way overhyped on here.
Mate are you taking the piss? You're judging them off combine results rather than their football? It's comical.

Mate are you taking the piss? You're judging them off combine results rather than their football? It's comical.
Are you taking the piss? You do realise the argument MOC was making is that Yeo wasn't more athletic than bontempelli. Read the argument before commenting, you are embarrassing yourself.

Bontempelli has a

Fantastic, Yeo did well at the draft combine. There's a hell of a lot of difference in being athletic in fitness tests and being able to use that athleticism in a game. Yeo is certainly not far more athletic in a game sense and even that is negated by Bontempelli being a better footballer, as good as Yeo is. Adam Simpson would love Bontempelli in the centre square, even at yeo's expense. Yeo back to half back

Let us not forget Bontempelli is two years younger and has played half the games. Although that's neither here nor there in this argument.

Fantastic, Yeo did well at the draft combine. There's a hell of a lot of difference in being athletic in fitness tests and being able to use that athleticism in a game. Yeo is certainly not far more athletic in a game sense and even that is negated by Bontempelli being a better footballer, as good as Yeo is. Adam Simpson would love Bontempelli in the centre square, even at yeo's expense. Yeo back to half back

Let us not forget Bontempelli is two years younger and has played half the games. Although that's neither here nor there in this argument.
I disagree pretty much the only thin bontempelli uses is his strength. Yeo uses all of his athletic abilities really well. If I was picking one to start a team is pick bontempelli but we have priddis for the inside bull (Bont has more strings to his bow) so I would take the far more dynamic Yeo for the Eagles midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha, yeh mate I'm the one embarrassing myself. Love your work.
Just admit you were wrong and man of clay was arguing wether Yeo is more athletic than Bont.

I disagree pretty much the only thin bontempelli uses is his strength. Yeo uses all of his athletic abilities really well. If I was picking one to start a team is pick bontempelli but we have priddis for the inside bull (Bont has more strings to his bow)

Confirmed, you've never watched Bontempelli.

Just admit you were wrong and man of clay was arguing wether Yeo is more athletic than Bont.
I know what the discussion was about, using combine results to judge someone's athletism instead of watching them in games is idiotic. But by judging your past post history it seems to be a common denominator.

Confirmed, you've never watched Bontempelli.
Mate I just saw the highlights you posted in the Bont vs Cripps thread and have watched him many other times. Go watch the highlights you posted and then compare that to yeos and tell me who's more athletic.

I know what the discussion was about, using combine results to judge someone's athletism instead of watching them in games is idiotic. But by judging your past post history it seems to be a common denominator.
Even if you go off of their highlights Yeo still smashed Bont. It's just a fact that Yeo is more athletic.

No matter how much more athletic you think Yeo is Bontempelli would absolutely be in the centre before him. You only need to look at their disposal numbers, clearance numbers, inside 50 numbers and goal assist numbers for that.

Yeo can use that athleticism at half back

No matter how much more athletic you think Yeo is Bontempelli would absolutely be in the centre before him. You only need to look at their disposal numbers, clearance numbers, inside 50 numbers and goal assist numbers for that.

Why feed a troll? It's like winning a fight against a brick wall.

Clearly you didn't etch the Eagles much this year as if you had you would have seen the majority of our games Yeo was filling holes. The times when he did play midfield he was getting 25+ and 1 or 2 goals. This year I'm willing to bet anything that if Yeo is in the midfield he will outperform Bont.

Bontempelli has a

So for your proof. You state some numbers from a draft combine that was years ago in all cases.
Cripps and the Bont had not even finished growing at that point.
Footballers > athletes.
Cripps was 5th in the league for hardball gets. I like Yeo and he could be a gun.
But he has nowhere near the same level of inside ball winning ability as Bonty or Crippa.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back