2014-15 EPL, Matchday 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree, but I think you can always tell when players have gelled into the English system and with so many in's for Spurs after Bale, it was always going to take a little bit of bedding down. Don't get me wrong, you're not world beaters, but visibly, it's an enormous improvement on last year.

Eriksen looks primed for a huge huge year, he will close the gap on Hazard as the best #10 in the league this year, you couldn't have replaced Modric any better imo, all-be-it a few years later.........
As I've been saying all along, you can't expect so many signings to all show their quality straight away. Lamela looks electric, even Chadli scored a couple and Eriksen is brilliant.

I like the balance of the squad, and a quiet summer has surely assisted on getting the stability they need.

Dier looks a real player at 20. Very technical, very fast but also strong. Can play RB too which helps with Walker out

Fans are fine with a 1-1 draw against Sunderland. That is an example right there of how far United have fallen. Haha.

Your aim might be top 4 but id have you 7th favourite to achieve that.

Did you see our line-up? A draw is fine. Once we get our strongest 11, I'll be expecting wins.

And how long had Liverpool been down not long ago? Short term memory you scousers. City gonna teach you a lesson tomorrow morning. Haha

Lamela needs to learn use his right foot, at least occasionally. Whenever he gets the ball he is trying to get it onto his left foot and it cost Spurs a few chances last night.
I'm looking forward to Liverpool v Spurs next week, will likely be a great game to watch for the neutral and to get a better idea where they're both at.

QPR were dismal, do they still have that £50m fine to pay for breaching FFP?
Cost us a few, but his brilliance gave us a few. That corner and also cross to Chadli - Bale couldn't have done that.

Pocchetino is an excellent manager in my opinion. On that basis alone Spurs will definitely improve this season, as will United. Will it be enough to dislodge one of the incumbents from the top 4 (all of whom are coming from a higher base level in terms of starting XI quality and depth, and have also made improvements to their squads)? Who knows. We all thought last season was congested at the top of the table but I wouldn't be surprised to see an even more closely fought battle this season.

For the first time in a while there are no basket cases among the top 7 clubs, and while a trip to White Hart Lane might have been considered 3 points in the bag last season, they look like they actually have a plan of how they want to play now which will no doubt make them a much tougher prospect. Not wanting to look ahead because we've obviously got a massive game tonight but LFC v Spurs this weekend should be another great contest.

Cost us a few, but his brilliance gave us a few. That corner and also cross to Chadli - Bale couldn't have done that.

Agreed, but as one example, the opportunity for simple cut back across the box to Adebayor failed to happen because he couldn't/didn't want to use his right foot. Against better sides, not taking that opportunity to create a clear cut chance could be costly. If he adds even an average right foot to his game.... well it could get scary for a lot of teams.

Can only play what's in front of you.

Am I right?

Yep, and on the night it included the ref. I presume you haven't seen the incident or you wouldn't be saying something so stupid.

Did you see our line-up? A draw is fine. Once we get our strongest 11, I'll be expecting wins.

And how long had Liverpool been down not long ago? Short term memory you scousers. City gonna teach you a lesson tomorrow morning. Haha

Worse teams have won at the Stadium of Light

We've seen City give out many lessons indeed, was it 4-1 and 3-0 last season home and away? Oh and that 6-1

We are just ridiculously light on at the back. Still, should be putting at least 2 past clubs like Sunderland and Swansea. Big few weeks coming up, need confidence boosters to shoot us into the tougher period

We are just ridiculously light on at the back. Still, should be putting at least 2 past clubs like Sunderland and Swansea. Big few weeks coming up, need confidence boosters to shoot us into the tougher period

If you don't get maximum points against Burnley could be very very worrying for United.

EDIT: Just saw you have QPR then Leiecester after them, you should be ok to get a few wins on the board soon.

Yep, and on the night it included the ref. I presume you haven't seen the incident or you wouldn't be saying something so stupid.

Honestly, you hate to complain about a referee especially if you lose cause it makes you come across poorly but they really do influence games to a horrid extent at times.

Yesterday in my local game, we played a side called Jaguar FC, who were all Africans. They dived every chance they got and we'd get a yellow card for saying "ref?". They would then proceed to two foot or lunge into every single challenge and get away with a warning. One guy even punched our defender in the back and he got away with a warning. Add to the fact that we should have had two penalties when they blatantly missed the ball and sweeped the back legs from our striker, sometimes the referee cannot control a game and/or influences the game to such an extent that it can cost you points. At the end of the game, one of their players came behind me and dug his nails into my neck and scratched me. Ref saw it and still does nothing.

I didn't see what happened SM in the Hull game but it's tough when there is a 12th man against you who can make all the decisions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly, you hate to complain about a referee especially if you lose cause it makes you come across poorly but they really do influence games to a horrid extent at times.

Yesterday in my local game, we played a side called Jaguar FC, who were all Africans. They dived every chance they got and we'd get a yellow card for saying "ref?". They would then proceed to two foot or lunge into every single challenge and get away with a warning. One guy even punched our defender in the back and he got away with a warning. Add to the fact that we should have had two penalties when they blatantly missed the ball and sweeped the back legs from our striker, sometimes the referee cannot control a game and/or influences the game to such an extent that it can cost you points. At the end of the game, one of their players came behind me and dug his nails into my neck and scratched me. Ref saw it and still does nothing.

I didn't see what happened SM in the Hull game but it's tough when there is a 12th man against you who can make all the decisions.

Ball went out off a Stoke player, very blatantly so, ref called for a Stoke throw with our players already running forward thinking it was ours, managed to get back into the box but players horribly disjointed (Bardsley was left unmarked and able to shoot) and Stoke capitalised and scored.

Coupled with the terrible penalty decision last week I've got a pretty bitter taste in my mouth at the moment. Thankfully we've still managed 4 points.

Worse teams have won at the Stadium of Light

We've seen City give out many lessons indeed, was it 4-1 and 3-0 last season home and away? Oh and that 6-1

I'm sure we won the title that season they beat us 6-1.

Edit: we won the season before :p

Last edited:
Dude i dont care if u hate United, i dont really like Liverpool but i respect them and try and not de-rail every thread into how crap or whatever we are.

Didn't know you were so benevolent towards us, good little white lie

This thread's about matchday, United played yesterday, people talk about them, how is there any problems? Take your crying elsewhere

Remove this Banner Ad

Back