2014-15 EPL, Matchday 2

Remove this Banner Ad

AoC44Hz.jpg

When do United play a good team?
Gameweek 7 I think.

First 6 weeks are Swansea at home which they lost then Sunderland away which they drew. They now play the three promoted teams in a row. Burnley this weekend away, then home to QPR and then away to Leicester. Then Gameweek 6 has them at home to West Ham.

Such an easy draw for them.

Finally Gameweek 7 has them play Everton, but at least that is at OT, then week 8 it's an away trip to the terrible West Bom.

I thought they would be in first after 8 weeks of the season but not after how they have started.

After gameweek 8, they have Chelsea, City, Palace and Arsenal. That should sort them out anyways.

1-1 is ok, I'm fine with that considering the injuries we have and the midfield we were playing with, and our defence, with Smalling also going off injured.

Laugh all you like at us, because I'm confident things will turn around, LVG needs time, and we will be much better once Rojo, Shaw, Herrera, Carrick and Di Maria are in the team.

Our aim this season is top 4, we can definitely achieve that.

We're probably playing worse than we did under Moyes, we're in massive trouble this season.
You're gonna have Carrick at DM man, all is gonna be fine once you sign Di Maria.

We'll come good.

De Gea

Jones Evans Rojo

Raf Mata Herrera Shaw

Di Maria

Rooney RVP

Just need to take time to adjust. Our WB/CM/ST depth is poor though
Hahahahahahahahaha.

Cos this midfield wouldn't get completely overpowered. Get a grip!

Yaya Toure would have a field day pushing those short people off the ball.

Were gonna play 4 atb with Di Maria
Yeah with Carrick and Cleverley in CM.

It amazing how quickly the aura of Man United and the fear that teams had of them has dissipated.
And we probably still won't beat them.

3 5 2 doesn't work in my opinion
They're signing Di Maria man, it's gonna work!

1-1 is ok, I'm fine with that considering the injuries we have and the midfield we were playing with, and our defence, with Smalling also going off injured.

Laugh all you like at us, because I'm confident things will turn around, LVG needs time, and we will be much better once Rojo, Shaw, Herrera, Carrick and Di Maria are in the team.

Our aim this season is top 4, we can definitely achieve that.
Fans are fine with a 1-1 draw against Sunderland. That is an example right there of how far United have fallen. Haha.

Your aim might be top 4 but id have you 7th favourite to achieve that.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

De Gea
Rafael Jones Rojo Shaw
Herrera - ????
Januzaj Mata Di Maria
RVP

Would be an excellent side if they had fecked off Rooney and bought a DM rather than making him captain.

De Gea
Rafael Jones Rojo Shaw
Herrera - ????
Januzaj Mata Di Maria
RVP

Would be an excellent side if they had fecked off Rooney and bought a DM rather than making him captain.
But they won't, and already did.

Oh well :D

3 5 2 doesn't work in my opinion

It's a useful formation to be able to pull out against certain teams in certain circumstances. For example; against teams that play direct to 2 strikers, it allows you to man mark both of them and still retain a sweeper to pick up any loose balls that are knocked down. This then forces that team to try to pass the ball through you, and if they're not comfortable with that style it leads to mistakes that you can capitalise on.

However, it's a complete waste of time against teams that play with 1 up front (as is the norm in this league) and are capable of passing the ball around though, because you inevitably end up with a CB that does nothing half the time and you're left a man down in midfield. Fortunately for United, if they do end up signing Di Maria then they're probably going to be abandoning this formation in the not too distant future.

RVP hardly even touched the football

And all Rooney did was coming deep and try to spray a few passes out wide

Fletcher and Cleverley are middle of the road championship level midfielders nowadays, and the defense ain't much better. ******* Altidore was running at them and looking threatening for goodness sake

Also, if I were a United supporter RVP's work rate would really bother me.

He's capable of moments of brilliance and is still an outstanding finisher given the opportunity, but for the majority of the game he does f*ck all. It's the same story every single week, how often do you hear the commentators bring up a stat like "Van Persie has had 2 touches in this half, he needs to get more involved" or "Van Persie has passed the ball once to Rooney in this first half, that pass was from the kickoff". So not only are they a man down in midfield playing this 3-5-2 system but they also have 1 of their strikers not putting in the hard yards to put pressure on the opposition and get involved when he doesn't have the ball, but for some reason he remains an automatic selection every single week.

He gets a lot of stick but when he's played as the main man at #9 he gets goals, so I'd be building that attack around Rooney to be honest. A front 4 of Januzaj, Mata & Valencia/Di Maria (if/when they sign him) playing behind Rooney is far more balanced and would give United far more potency going forward in my opinion. By all means throw RVP on in the 2nd half if you need a goal, but at the moment he is being carried through games.

Spurs have looked really slick, look top 4 material to me. Lamela/Eriksen are a killer combination now that Lamela is fully fit, Eriksen looks to have stepped it up again from last season, top 10 player in the league now imo.

They just need Adabayor and Soldado to hit some serious form for part of the season, they've got the creativity in behind them.

Could see them doing a bit of a 'Pool from last season tbh.

Spurs have looked really slick, look top 4 material to me. Lamela/Eriksen are a killer combination now that Lamela is fully fit, Eriksen looks to have stepped it up again from last season, top 10 player in the league now imo.

They just need Adabayor and Soldado to hit some serious form for part of the season, they've got the creativity in behind them.

Could see them doing a bit of a 'Pool from last season tbh.
One week at a time for me. I don't care where we finish I just want to see some attacking football and let the table take care of itself

One week at a time for me. I don't care where we finish I just want to see some attacking football and let the table take care of itself

I agree, but I think you can always tell when players have gelled into the English system and with so many in's for Spurs after Bale, it was always going to take a little bit of bedding down. Don't get me wrong, you're not world beaters, but visibly, it's an enormous improvement on last year.

Eriksen looks primed for a huge huge year, he will close the gap on Hazard as the best #10 in the league this year, you couldn't have replaced Modric any better imo, all-be-it a few years later.........

Lamela needs to learn use his right foot, at least occasionally. Whenever he gets the ball he is trying to get it onto his left foot and it cost Spurs a few chances last night.
I'm looking forward to Liverpool v Spurs next week, will likely be a great game to watch for the neutral and to get a better idea where they're both at.

QPR were dismal, do they still have that £50m fine to pay for breaching FFP?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back