List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Trade FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where in the article does it say that? It just says we'll delist him.

I remember us doing the same thing with Nick Winmar.

not the article from today, the article about mav that caused the speculation:
http://www.saints.com.au/news/2014-10-17/saints-want-membrey-early

my point is until we had met with milera and determined that he was still planning to stay in SA after he found no trade, then that last list spot for weller was not certain

until its finalised, how can we commit that list spot to mav?

EDIT: Nicky is exactly why we cant continue to throw out contracts. Atleast in Nickys case there were breaches along the way in relation to fitness and performance

stkildathunda

ST is the man to answer that
More a Joey type; will run and run and keep racking up possessions. Disposal not as good, but tackling game better; think Andrew Thompson.

They're even roughly the same size: Thommo 180/82, Grace 184/77.

Last edited:
Wouldn't it just be a mutual decision from both parties to void the contract?

Milera indicated 1st he didn't want to play here in 2015, not the Saints doing anything.

Surely this means no payout? o_O

Wouldn't it just be a mutual decision from both parties to void the contract?

Milera indicated 1st he didn't want to play here in 2015, not the Saints doing anything.

Surely this means no payout? o_O

spot on mate!!! i imagine given we couldnt find him another home via trade we had to meet with him and his manager to find out, if he wanted to go down that path

More a Joey type; will run and run and keep racking up possessions. Disposal not as good, but tackling game better; think Andrew Thompson.

They're even roughly the same size: Thommo 180/82, Grace 184/77.

Yeah not really your in and under type. Disposal actually isn't as bad as made out I don't reckon. Joey probably could comparison though

Yeah not really your in and under type. Disposal actually isn't as bad as made out I don't reckon. Joey probably could comparison though
That's why I said Thommo; disposal isn't classy but definitely is effective.

So

OUT:
Lenny Hayes
Clinton Jones
Trent Dennis-Lane
Sam Dunell
Rhys Stanley
Terry Milera
James Gwilt
Beau Maister

IN:
Pick 1
Pick 21
Pick 22
Pick 41
Tim Membrey
Eli Templeton
Cameron Shenton
Darren Minchington

- Decision on Schneids the only one yet to be announced. Official word on Milera as well obviously but that's looking likely he is gone.

I'd like to see Schneider be able to go around another year. I think he still has something to offer if he can keep his body in good shape. It may mean Weller has to spend the year on the Rookie list though.
I like Schneids but the game looked like it went past him later in the year IMO. Thought he might have decided to hang the boots up himself to be honest.

If he is kept on i hope we give him the Giansiracusa type sub role.

I like Schneids but the game looked like it went past him later in the year IMO. Thought he might have decided to hang the boots up himself to be honest.

That might have a bit to do with the fact that he couldn't string a lot of games together though? Yeah, I think the Gia role would suit him. I think the likes of Billings, Minchi and Petracca could probably learn from him so I more what him their for his leadership.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i'd like to retain him on the rookie list and use him in a small fwd dev role

Just took a look at Knightmare's updated phantom draft....

1 - Christian Petracca
21 - Jarrod Garlett
22 - Ed Vickers-Willis
41 - Matt Hammelmann

Paige's PD

1 - CP
21 - Garlett
22 - Reece McKenzie (Uncle Barrels :) )
41 - Keenan Ramsay

Would you/we be happy with this? I'm asking cos i wouldnt have a clue about the likes of Garlett, Ramsay or Hammelmann, would be happy enough with CP (of course) & EVW

Rahul 12Chill, what do you guys think?

Defacto, have you seen Garlett play over there in WA?

I like the look of Hammelman but I've only seen him play on a few occasions, he's a good lead up forward but Rahul knows best and if he's slow then at 41 then I wouldnt touch him with the likes of McDonald, Viojo-Rainbow, Nelson etc perhaps being available. But the first 3 in Petracca, Garlett and Vickers-Willis look good to me. Garlett's good, would add some needed outside pace to the team, at 21 I wouldn't mind taking him if other good sliders are gone. Vickers-Willis good.
I don't know anything about Ramsay (Paige's). But again CP, Garlett and McKenzie as the first 3 is good.

Gee, having watched the video of Petracca on the AFL website, I love the fact that he is motivated by being the one to change the game. Most impresses me that he has backed it up

The guy is so alpha. A lot of confidence. Guys will want to play with him and for him. He will be a game changer at our club in more ways than one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back