Status
Not open for further replies.
A few things wrong with your post here Barrels:

1. McKenzie
21. Cockatoo
38. Viojo-Rainbow.

...add bulk premierships.
The 10-peat!

- AFL Website reported that David Armitage is linked to Richmond. This is in complete contradiction to what St Kilda CEO Matt Finnis said on SEN last night. (Interview link posted above) He said that Armo is a future leader and is just not on the table.

- Chris Pelchen said on Trade Radio that the Saints are in talks with banned forward Ahmed Saad and are likely to pursue fringe Geelong midfielder Taylor Hunt. He said Patrick Dangerfield was not on the club’s radar and Sydney gun Luke Parker wasn’t in the frame either, despite persistent rumours.

- St Kilda Head of Football Chris Pelchen said on SEN that the club could be interested in a deal to secure O'Rourke and Jaksch for the No.1 pick and something else but no discussion has happened yet.

- St Kilda CEO said on SEN jokingly that he would put Patrick Dangerfield in a 'headlock' and drag him to LHC for the No.1 pick, but that is not his decision. Finnis said Dangerfield is the sort of player you can build a club around.

Please tell me all of the above is bull? pls,

So hard to keep up with this thread, I try,
But I just put the galaxy down for a few hours and go live my life, and when I pick it back up theres 4 more pages.
Thanks heaps to the mods who are doing the highlight thread.
Cyas on page 720!

All is bull... & all is absolutely accurate!

Trade period smoke & mirrors my friend.

BTW Finnis didn't actually deny that Armo could be traded- he just gave his point of view at how outstanding Dave had been. Very similar to how I'm sure Ben would have been described this time last year.

I'm not really interested in Taylor Hunt at all. What would we have to give up for him? Pick 39? We could potentially get Dillon Viojo-Rainbow or Nakia Cockatoo with that pick. I assume 57/58 would be unders too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Come on peltch really..... Shenton/Minch over mav........

I know shenton/Minch had to either be upgraded or delisted but come on...

This logic goes right up their with 2 second rounders for brown

I just love players with genuine X factor, Eli & Billings have it..
Want more on our list..
I agree, Taylor Hunt doesn't have much X factor. He's a solid B grader, but the trouble is we have about 30 solid B graders on our list as it is. We really don't need more of them. We need potential A graders or, at the very least players that have some X factor - something in their game that stands them apart from the generic role-players.

wtf. I would've upgraded Mav before Shents, Minchi AND Eli (in that order). Should've kept Shents on rookie list, have enough HBFers as it is, we need inside midfield help with Lenny gone, why not upgraded Mav?

Don't believe that for a moment. The NT and QLD development programs are well funded and well staffed and both are actively trying to develop players and have them drafted at AFL Level. Urban myth that Richmond, or any other AFL club (even Melbourne and the Injectors) are being discouraged from drafting them.

Take it as you will, but I have a friend that works directly for the AFLNT and they have discussed this matter with the AFL clubs discouraging them to draft them unless they were ready to work to improve there programs dramatically.

Maybe they want to just have Mav cool his jets and make 100% certain his desire to improve.

He was booted from the Suns for a lack of application to defensive tasks so maybe Richo and the team just want to send a message that half a season doesn't make him a best 22 lock like everyone thinks.

No idea really, just speculating...

I agree, Taylor Hunt doesn't have much X factor. He's a solid B grader, but the trouble is we have about 30 solid B graders on our list as it is. We really don't need more of them. We need potential A graders or, at the very least players that have some X factor - something in their game that stands them apart from the generic role-players.

That's why we are looking to the draft for A graders.

Good article on Saady today, says he's been training his guts out and is extremely fit.
Really hoping we get him back, would be an injustice to lose him for such a stupid reason.
I read the Combine records today and was interested to see that Saad is something like the 5th or 6th fasted player ever to be timed over 20m (2.81 sec). That is the sort of pace we need in our forward line. Also, he will come back super-fresh after his enforced break, with no injuries or end-of-season soreness. I think that players like Minchington, Templeton and Billings are destined to play on the ball, so a designated small forward like Saad could be a vital piece in the puzzle.

+1

he's a poorer version of geary

+1

he's a poorer version of geary

I actually think he's a bit better than Geary, but we value Jarryn's leadership and work ethic from what I can tell, but I agree on passing for Hunt. Don't want to give anything up for him when we have Gears, Weller and Curren who have all shown the ability to tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back