List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Trade FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Emma Quayle: http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-draft-combine-harvester-the-ruckmen-20141001-10op78.html

Reece McKenzie (Northern Knights)
Born 28.3.1996, 196cm, 100kg

AFL biography: Tall forward who can pinch hit in the ruck. Extremely strong overhead mark and accurate kick for goal. Kicked 35 goals in 10 matches for the Knights this year. Father Warren played for Carlton.

Peter Kennedy, Northern Knights talent manager: "Reece has monster hands. His dad didn't play enough games for him to be father-son to Carlton, but he played in the 1987 premiership. Reece is a power forward, he's 197cm and about 102kg and there's not an ounce of fat on him. He kicked 16 goals for Marcellin in one school game and he kicked 10 for us against Eastern and he's your big, Tom Hawkins type who doesn't have a great motor but is all about power and can run 20 metres in about three seconds flat with good agility. He's just a massive unit and he's been able to monster kids because of his size at this level, so that will be a challenge going forward, when everyone's as big as him. He's a good kid, he loves playing forward and kicking goals, and I know these days we have to move them around because it's part of their development, but this kid just loves it and is so dangerous down there. If you kick it to him he'll mark it nine times out of 10."

501762_2_M.jpg

So GWS trade JOR to Hawthorn for 18 then on trade 18 and Jaksch to Carlton for 6.

I think that makes McKenzie a lock at 18. Sorry Unc.

We flip 1 to GWS for 3 and 6.

3 - McCartin
6 - Ahern
21 - Cockatoo
40 - Daniel
41 - Trade to Hawks for Kelly to prep for Shiel ;)

PSD - Hunt? Greenwood? Would feel like a waste to not get someone here...

Rookie - Saad + Best available. Hopefully a KPD like McDonald.

Laverde at 6 instead of Ahern...I'd ask for 20...and give back 22 as well
20 becomes 21 which means it's just a 1 pick upgrade which is a waste of time. They want pick 1 they give up.

Pick 3/4, 6/7 and 20/21 for Pick 1 and a late pick or something.

I'd take two top 10 picks over just Petracca personally.

20 becomes 21 which means it's just a 1 pick upgrade which is a waste of time. They want pick 1 they give up.

Pick 3/4, 6/7 and 20/21 for Pick 1 and a late pick or something.

I'd take two top 10 picks over just Petracca personally.
I love this deal way more than 3/4 + JOR + Jaksch

Dragit
Not sure the hawks would be shattered (nor us)

They got a premiership Ruckman and I believed they got their man... Hartung.

We used the picks we received, very well I think. Well done to Elshasug. It was a risk, and we traded down... It will work out.

It already has for Hawthorn

So GWS trade JOR to Hawthorn for 18 then on trade 18 and Jaksch to Carlton for 6.

I think that makes McKenzie a lock at 18. Sorry Unc.

We flip 1 to GWS for 3 and 6.

3 - McCartin
6 - Ahern
21 - Cockatoo
40 - Daniel
41 - Trade to Hawks for Kelly to prep for Shiel ;)

PSD - Hunt? Greenwood? Would feel like a waste to not get someone here...

Rookie - Saad + Best available. Hopefully a KPD like McDonald.
Not sure about McKenzie at #18. Could still feasibly grab Goddard then, and never discount how badly Carlscum need quality mids.

Probably will pull the trigger though. More reason for me to hate them.

who are you trading W2L?
Armo and/or Stanley

As has been said ad nauseum, unless there's a deal on offer that just cant be knocked back, we've just gotta run with Petracca. We'll still be aggressive & those two are the most expendable IMO.

Whether we get an offer worth trading them for is another thing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still dont get where our interest in Membrey comes from. We took four players ahead of him in that draft.

Only way I can see it is if, at the time of the draft, they had more faith in Markworth and Siposs than they do right now.

Those 2 have given us very little the last two years (for various reasons) so maybe they rated Membrey but didnt think he was needed. Until now.

Surely GWS wouldn't give up 2 top six picks for pick 1??
"Will do whatever it takes" according to Whateley.

That is the type of deal it would take for them to get pick 1. It's not exactly like it'll hurt them with the amount of talent they already have.

Surely GWS wouldn't give up 2 top six picks for pick 1??

Dont be shocked.

In 09 Port offered picks 8 and 9 to Melbourne for pick 2 because they wanted Trengove.

That same year Sydney put up 6 and 14 to Richmond for 3 in order to draft Dusty Martin.

If GWS are dead keen on Petracca then 3 + 6 should be the price, assuming the Carlton/Hawks deals are correct.

Last edited:
"Will do whatever it takes" according to Whateley.

That is the type of deal it would take for them to get pick 1. It's not exactly like it'll hurt them with the amount of talent they already have.

This is the deal I was posting about earlier this week and hoped our interest in Jaksch and JOR would be enough to force each of them to part with a first rounder (hawthorn, Carlton). The players available at pick 4-7 are pretty friggin awesome. I think I posted them from each of the mock drafts including rahuls

My guess is we'd be working on other pick deals as well. Maybe there's another way to get more first rounders

Laverde at 6 instead of Ahern...I'd ask for 20...and give back 22 as well

Put Ahern there as it was mentioned a few pages back that he was someone we looked at as a smokey for #1.

Can only assume we want McCartin, Petracca, Ahern/Brayshaw in that order so McCartin and Ahern would be a massive win.

I do like Laverde though. That said I like Lever with that pick too!!

Put Ahern there as it was mentioned a few pages back that he was someone we looked at as a smokey for #1.

Can only assume we want McCartin, Petracca, Ahern/Brayshaw in that order so McCartin and Ahern would be a massive win.

I do like Laverde though. That said I like Lever with that pick too!!
mccartin and lever is very tempting. Have the chance to shore up our kpp spots in one draft then load up on mids (eg. take the best slider at 20 and 21) then draft parish etc. next year

BTW if anyone wants a good read have a peep at the last 10 pages or so of the Frawley thread on the Melbourne board.

All the talk of Geelong and pick 3 followed by Frawley going to the Hawks on 450k a year and the sudden realisation that band 1 compo isn't a sure thing...

It's like watching a train crash in slow motion.

BTW if anyone wants a good read have a peep at the last 10 pages or so of the Frawley thread on the Melbourne board.

All the talk of Geelong and pick 3 followed by Frawley going to the Hawks on 450k a year and the sudden realisation that band 1 compo isn't a sure thing...

It's like watching a train crash in slow motion.

3+6 is so much better than 4+7, sounds like a stupid thing to say but here's how I see it;

Petracca
v
v
v
McCartin
v
Brayshaw
v
v
v
v
Wright
v
v
v
v

Then there's about 8 or 9 guys all showing huge talent but not the dominance of the aforementioned players. 3 + 6 would guarantee us one of Brayshaw or McCartin, stoked with that, and 6 would give us an early pick at the next level of class. Lever, Durdin, Laverde, Pickett, Ahern, Weller.

Just watches the AIS u/18 vs the collingwood vfl and it actually showed quite a bit:
- Petracca will play round one next year, looked miles stronger then any other 18 year old
- Pickett has so much talent and despite being quite small he is very hard to tackle. very impressed
- Goddard has no awareness of how to play in the forward line, ran in circles. definitely a backliner
- Weller is the perfect outside mid we need with his speed and pin point kicking
- Lamb has no defensive side to his game, doesn't man up, try's to get forward and doesn't handball did get the ball a fair bit though
- Wright competed hard against witts in the ruck and managed to take a few grabs up forward
- Mccartin can mark. took him only 30 seconds to mark and goal before not returning to the field
- Marchbank actually managed to hold up well strength wise against lynch and witts
- Heeney is an absolute bargain at pick 18
- Clem Smith wants to kill someone... seriously. hardest tackler for a 177cm man
- Brayshaw has the potential as an in and out mid. Best on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back