List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Trade FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are holding out for Freos first pick, a 50-50 chance they buy Rhys with it.
Personally I'm happy with Paddy or Petracca if we keep one, I just think Brayshaw has a limited ceiling and think that TMP is a little 'timid'.
If we take 4 and 7 I'd go LaVerde at 4 in a heartbeat and Lever at 7.
I'd throw in pick 41 to get that pick 13.

Can't say I'm against trading Stanley, not too fussed .
He is 2 years older, would get us a higher draft pick and most importantly, we have the cattle coming through that can replace him in the midfield.
:cool:

But Stkilda has the worst midfield in the competition and lost our best midfielder of the last 10years.

Quite like Membrey good character , strong addition.

Would be amazed if Petracca is not selected given the circumstances.

Also the landscape changed when Beams , Ryder & Griffen all wanted out no one could have predicted that.

Personally I'm happy with Paddy or Petracca if we keep one, I just think Brayshaw has a limited ceiling and think that TMP is a little 'timid'.
What's a TMP?

Gold again mate. What are your thoughts if we trade Stanley to Fremantle, will we be happy to keep No 1 (please be CP!!) and have the three picks in the first round or roll the dice and try and get 4, 7, 13 and 22?

Gold again mate. What are your thoughts if we trade Stanley to Fremantle, will we be happy to keep No 1 (please be CP!!) and have the three picks in the first round or roll the dice and try and get 4, 7, 13 and 22?

CP for mine.

#1: Christian Petracca
#13: De Goey/Duggan/Weller.... Marchbank?
#22: Lamb/Cockatoo/McKenzie

CP for mine.

RM. Will. Not. Get. To. 22.

Wont be a problem at all. He has been Type 1 Diabetic since a young boy. Its totally under control for him.
Unlike Jamie Cripps who was only diagnosed as he was drafted and had to get the diet/insulin regime down pat while adjusting to the rigours of AFL life as well.
I have diabetes. Snake is spot on. After a few months it is not even given a second thought. If he has had it all his life. Non issue

Ah... Persevering.

That's quite as bit of research you've done to prove me wrong?! Going to another website and all, a place where knobs like a guy called P66 and a moron who calls himself Bunkmoreland hang out for the soul purpose of bagging other peoples opinions... I posted there for many a year, but when I quit ... I didn't crawl back through the door under another name...

Anyways,

I did call Rhys's efforts soft and Lazy after a game... In fact more than one occasion... But fortunately trades are not made from the outcomes of one, two or three games ... Only a fool could deny he has serious tools... As does Spencer, whom I've also labelled lazy and lacking effort in the contest.

Rhys also took 13 marks against Essendon in another and was near BOG?!

Thanks for highlighting this, it probably explains why Rhys does not play to his potential... And why Geelong believe he haas serious room to move on current outcome.

Is he a good trade for pick 21... I say no...

He is a ruck/fwd entering his prime... He has athletic attributes rarely found, and he is 24... When he is 28-31 we will be ready... He will be at a ruck prime age ....

None of our other ruckmen cans play forward... Not a hope... They are cumbersome talls, who aren't strong overhead. Purely tap ruckmen...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah... Persevering.

That's quite as bit of research you've done to prove me wrong?! Going to another website and all, a place where knobs like a guy called P66 and a moron who calls himself Bunkmoreland hang out for the soul purpose of bagging other peoples opinions... I posted there for many a year, but when I quit ... I didn't crawl back through the door under another name...

Anyways,

I did call Rhys's efforts soft and Lazy after a game... In fact more than one occasion... But fortunately trades are not made from the outcomes of one, two or three games ... Only a fool could deny he has serious tools... As does Spencer, whom I've also labelled lazy and lacking effort in the contest.

Thanks for highlighting this, it probably explains why Rhys does not play to his potential... And why Geelong believe he haas serious room to move on current outcome.

He is a ruck/fwd entering his prime... He has athletic attributes rarely found, and he is 24... When he is 28-31 we will be ready... He will be at a ruck prime age ....

None of our other ruckmen cans play forward... Not a hope... They are cumbersome talls, who aren't strong overhead. Purely tap ruckmen...
^^

CP for mine.

Would 13 and 22 get pick 10 from Adelaide? With their draft penalties in recent years I'm sure they'd need a few earlyish picks?

Every single trade idea we come up with ;

11avgcm.jpg

So apparently we should expect Josh P Kennedy and pick 39 to be traded for picks 2 and 3.

Huuuuuuuuuuuge if true. I would rate Kennedy as better than Griffen, best player whose name has been thrown around in trade week yet.

If you guys are bored waiting for trades I recommend seeing some movies. Gone Girl, The Equalizer and The Maze Runner are all good options.

Can confirm Gone Girl is a really good/interesting movie. Bit of a headheck/thriller.

It's funny, people laughed at us last year for the way we handled Watters leaving so late in the piece. I thought at the time it was great work strategically by us, only sacking the coach after trade period so it didn't effect us during it. Watching the Bulldogs ballsing up this trade period makes me believe even more that, besides the flack we copped at the time, we actually dealt with a really difficult situation surprisingly well last year with it hardly derailing us in the vital trade and draft period.

Good post mate. We also listened to the genuine discontent from our senior and respected players. (shut up to all those about to climb into me about "tail wagging the dog") This avoided a Griffen scenario. It also showed how strong our leaders are and how pissweak the Dogs' leaders are. Perhaps it was not a coincidence that he was sacked on the first day of the AFL financial year ;)

Ah... Persevering.

Anyways,

Hickey's pretty good overhead mate. Not sure about his forward game but to say he isn't strong overhead is incorrect.

The only thing is Stanley has to agree to any deal let alone a to move to Freo because hes still contracted. I wonder if hes overseas receiving phone calls from his manager.

I think RS divides fans. Some are very upset as they think he is about to break out whereas others are happy....as for me I honestly don't know if I like it or not....

Yeah, I don't know either. Some minutes I think it's good, then I think it might be a break out year for him, we just missed it.

By the way, what pick was he drafted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back