Oppo Camp 2014 non-Geelong AFL match and general discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that's the first of 2 unsuccessful attempts to go back to back this week for the Hawks

:D

Also I actually feel for the people that are Box Hill people, they have to play a player short purely because of Cyril... potentially costs them the game

Impressed by Johansson, Honeychurch and Jong. Jong knows how to win a clearance - nice leg speed as well. Really hope he makes it. Would be terrific for the Asian boys growing up to feel they could forge an AFL career.
Yup Jong played really well tough little feller.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pleased for the Doggies. Really pleased for them.

As for the Poo and Wees… bugger….

Get used to that feeling…

Go Catters

Cheats never prosper,aint that right you cheating flogs at Box Hill ?
You got away with it a few weeks ago and then choked on the big stage.

If Roly Poly gets a GF gig next week it's a token game.He was fricking useless.

BTW how shattered did John Hook [or should it be Crook] look presenting Goodes with the BOG ?
Shove that up your arse you cheating prick.

So what was the score?

Glad dogs won something.
That's how we started, a VFL flag, then a preseason flag, then the real thing.
Doggies are on the up.
Love Mitch Honeychurch.
So now we must recruit Benny Cavarra from Frankston.

Nice. :thumbsu:

Hopefully a good omen, didnt win VFL, wont win bl, wont win AFL, no soup for you Hawthorn.

Great Ep from a great show. Fitting for the Hawks this week. One down one to go... Cmon COLA's!!

Impressed by Johansson, Honeychurch and Jong. Jong knows how to win a clearance - nice leg speed as well. Really hope he makes it. Would be terrific for the Asian boys growing up to feel they could forge an AFL career.
Love the way the Timorese-Taiwanese powerhouse goes about his elite multicultural work.

From watching games throughout this season it's apparent either the umps don't know the htb rule or it's too complex to adjudicate consistently and accurately.

Nowadays there's no prior opportunity - ball up.
No prior opportunity no attempt - HTB
Prior opportunity knocked out in tackle - ball up.
Prior opportunity/illegal disposal - HTB.
Dragged the ball in - HTB

Imo K.I.S.S:

if there's no prior - ball up.
Prior opportunity - HTB.
Most importantly no more of this 'he made an attempt' bulldust.

If you take possession of the ball, prior or no prior and are then tackled, then unsuccessfully try to kick or handpass the ball. Then free kick. No more of these allowed dropping the ball 'play on' calls.
That's probably how the rule started out, NSFB- but the interpretations changed. I get sick of players wrapping their arm around the ball, holding it to them, then pretending to punch it. And tacklers who nick the players who had prior opportunities aren't getting rewarded. No point in tackling these days.

Last edited:
Alright guys I'm going to be in Geelong all day Tuesday for work (22 and sunny, * yeah :cool:) so I need ideas on where to have lunch (and possibly dinner).

Anyone?

Alright guys I'm going to be in Geelong all day Tuesday for work (22 and sunny, **** yeah :cool:) so I need ideas on where to have lunch (and possibly dinner).

Anyone?
Try The Grovedale Hotel for lunch and/or dinner. Excellent meals, great prices, just a few minutes outside Geelong, easy parking, we go there all the time when we come down to visit rels.

What's the story behind your NM avatar? Some lost bet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back