2014 SC - General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fellas,

I'm coming up to my 500th post here (almost entirely this season).

While it's definitely minor in comparison to some of the big dogs floating around, I'd just like to say a big thanks to all of you.

So many lessons learnt. Honestly.

Not just SC, but a broader understanding of the game too.

Really appreciate the help I've been given. From a 34000th season last year, to a current (but no doubt short lived) 5000th this year. It truly has been a great experience.

Would hate to single any names out in particular, but all have played a big part.

I'm sure there are many in the same boat as me.

Cheers.

PS Jiska go buddy

I too would like to thank every one on here. Although I arsed my initial team before I started looking through this forum, your help has been much appreciated.
I don't know enough yet to give my 2 bobs worth on other peoples teams and trades, but hope to contribute more in the future.

Anyway, you lot have dragged me up about 170000 places to 4000 this year.

Cheers

I too would like to thank every one on here. Although I arsed my initial team before I started looking through this forum, your help has been much appreciated.
I don't know enough yet to give my 2 bobs worth on other peoples teams and trades, but hope to contribute more in the future.

Cheers
If you're ranked 4000, you know enough to give your opinion :thumbsu:

Cheers
AAawwe, since we are getting all mushy on here I too would like to give my sincerest thankyou to all on this board. The advise and the generous nature and humour of the board members on here has made me more and fulfil my goal of top 25%.
Its looking likely I will finish in the top 9% or around the top 20k odd after being as high as 180k. I also had a round high finish of 933rd in Round 9 and I sit top of my league one game clear for the last 7 weeks running having only lost one game so far.
When I started SC for the first time this year I didn't realise how many trades or rounds we had so I now have no trades left going into the finals. Here is my team which you guys helped me with that I am very happy about, all premos and some fairly handy bench cover.

2014 super coach team completed.PNG

I also had some good fun on game days sucking on a stubbie and making general banter with a few of the lads on here, thanks lads. So thanks all for my team, cheers!

From a SC/DT league perspective future seasons would be much better if games started in round 1 with the GF been played in round 21.

From a SC/DT league perspective future seasons would be much better if games started in round 1 with the GF been played in round 21.
Disagree. The first couple of rounds are like the preseason practice games, where you can correct mistakes in your starting squad. Sure the late season injuries this year are particularly unfortunate, but you just need to save a couple of trades for finals :)

Disagree. The first couple of rounds are like the preseason practice games, where you can correct mistakes in your starting squad. Sure the late season injuries this year are particularly unfortunate, but you just need to save a couple of trades for finals :)
I was eliminated in straight sets from my two big cash leagues as a result of some horrible scores in R20 and 21. This had nothing to do with how many trades I had.. IMO the SC league system would be better if there was a little more luck and BS in rounds 1 and 2 as opposed to a heap of it in R22 and 23.

So need some advice on the best way to try get as close to 22 players as i can.
in 2 prelims in my main leagues as well.

Team currently
Mcveigh, Malceski, Swallow, Jaensch, Bartel, Mitchell (Suckling / Jones)
Selwood, Rockliff, Libba, Pendles, Beams, Fyfe, Stevie J, JPK (Hartung / Spina)
Jacobs, Sandi (Brown / Thurlow)
Gray, Parker, Martin, Danger, Zorko, Roughy (Impey / Honeychurch)

2 Trades & $27k left
players in Bold are a doubt or out
but i expect Suckling, Pendles, Suckling & Bartel to play

looking to ditch Fyfe and Beams

thoughts???

Team currently

2 Trades & $27k left

thoughts???
Trading Beams and Fyfe is a no brainier because they are out for the SC year beams out for the AFL year.

Team currently

2 Trades & $27k left

thoughts???

You're OK, you've got Suckling to play twice. :D

Sorry, I tried to come up with an answer for you but it hurt my brain WWWWWAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY too much, so I gave up.

Basically you've got to trade a DPP player into your mids so you can get one of Suckling, Bartel or Mitchell in there, as they are wasted on your DEF bench.

I suggest Hanley or Hodge.

Wait, that still doesn't work.

See this is why I gave up!

Team currently

2 Trades & $27k left

thoughts???

Beams & Fyfe to your choice of best mid premos.

SJ or JPK can be covered (somewhat) by DPP (Spina to Gray, Parker, Martin, Danger or Zorko), Impey to F6.

Hopefully either/both Bartel & Suckling get up & you could Emerg loophole Jaensch with Suckling.

Not sure on Hartung injury/form status.

Beams & Fyfe to your choice of best mid premos.

SJ or JPK can be covered (somewhat) by DPP (Spina to Gray, Parker, Martin, Danger or Zorko), Impey to F6.

Hopefully either/both Bartel & Suckling get up & you could Emerg loophole Jaensch with Suckling.

Not sure on Hartung injury/form status.

Hopefully Impey and Honeychurch play and i should be mildly ok...
was thinking Sloane & Priddis

but if i get a cheap Mid/Def DPP then i can move a defender to mids and get suckling on, worst case..

man. my head hurts looking at it.

Hopefully Impey and Honeychurch play and i should be mildly ok...
was thinking Sloane & Priddis

but if i get a cheap Mid/Def DPP then i can move a defender to mids and get suckling on, worst case..

man. my head hurts looking at it.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but I can't see Honey getting a game. Not against Sydney.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

whats happened to judd magic? think thats his user name.
fallen off the face off the earth?

He cracked the shites said he was leaving .....then came back.....then cracked the shites Again!..then finally said he is done in SC this year and never to be seen again....he'll be back better than ever next season..make that pre-season.

He cracked the shites said he was leaving .....then came back.....then cracked the shites Again!..then finally said he is done in SC this year and never to be seen again....he'll be back better than ever next season..make that pre-season.
Think he should have had hung around, maybe his team would have a chance now.

Think he should have had hung around, maybe his team would have a chance now.

Judd_Magic hasnt been on the BF site since 12th July.

He had simply had enuff of Supercoach, dream team and fantasy footy altogether, combine that with some other more pressing personal sh1t he had to deal with and he simply focused his energy elsewhere.

However he did assure me he'd be back bigger than ever in 2015

He had simply had enuff of Supercoach, dream team and fantasy footy altogether, combine that with some other more pressing personal sh1t he had to deal with and he simply focused his energy elsewhere.

Cool, liked that dude! He was the first to respond to me when I came on this board and help me.

Last edited:

Did he run out of trades July 12 th ? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back