2015 Ashes, First Test - England v Australia - Day 4 - SWALEC Stadium, Cardiff

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since bloody when is throwing our wickets away and batting like idiots a natural game!
Their natural game is to go hard and hit through the ball. That works fine when there is pace in the pitch and the ball goes straight on, and throws wickets away when there isn't bounce and the ball moves around. With so many veterans in the side you would think they would have learned, but its always excused because they played their natural game.

I dont see why you wouldnt bring voges out for M.Marsh. Watson to bat at 5, marsh at 6. Its not like voges is in good form and watson is a proven performer vs England (averaging 45).
38 since 01 Jan 2012*, 39 in England with over a third of the runs (176 of 467) coming in one innings in a dead rubber. In that time in England, 2 wickets at 113. So, bowling isn't keeping him there. One thing in his favour is that he has made a start in all but one of those 12 innings in England in that time frame. But only got past 30 three times (twice out on 30). He's good for a consistent 15-30, which would be great at number nine (or at six for Zimbabwe).

*01 Jan 2012 was what I plugged into statsguru, the first innings was in July 2013.

Watson out for Marsh, Marsh has already hit 2 first class centuries on the tour and can get the ball to move off the seam when he bowls

Haddin out for Nevill, Nevill batted well for NSW and his wicket keeping cant be worse than Haddins

If Starc is fit then Johnson out for Siddle to provide a little more balance to the attack, then let Starc attack the stumps more often

If Starc is unfit then swap with Siddle and let Johnson attack a little more

I'm pretty worried to be honest. It's now 6 years (7 tests) since we've won even a game over there. I can handle losing a test but the manner was unacceptable. Conceding 4+ runs an over, failing to build partnerships, failing to put a price on our wickets. Exactly the same as 2013. You can blame Haddin, or Watto or point to our bad luck with DRS if you like but the Poms completely smashed all our players in every area of the game.

I wonder if Clarke is still an elite batsman, his best looks behind him.

I think Watson has played his last test, marsh to come in. Siddle to come in for Starc if he's not right, but I would prefer Jackson Bird.

The way it's going we may have mid series retirements of Haddin and Clarke.

Has always been this way under Clarke; whoever is in charge has let this 'natural game' bullshit justify gutless, irresponsible batting performances for YEARS.

It's such a strange thing to say. They showed NO fight with the bat in the second innings apart from MJ which was once the match was a lost cause anyway so how can you say 'we played our natural game'. It's saying that none of them have the stomach for a fight.

I'm pretty worried to be honest. It's now 6 years (7 tests) since we've won even a game over there. I can handle losing a test but the manner was unacceptable. Conceding 4+ runs an over, failing to build partnerships, failing to put a price on our wickets. Exactly the same as 2013. You can blame Haddin, or Watto or point to our bad luck with DRS if you like but the Poms completely smashed all our players in every area of the game.

Clarke has shown signs over the past 12months that he is no where near the batsman he was a few years

Think his back has a lot to do with it . Last night he bunted a wider half volley to point , no weight transfer or balance at all just threw his hands meekly through the line

2 years ago that goes for 4 . IMO he is now an average 40 bat at test level no where near 50plus

I'm more worried about Clarke than anyone else. It's a massive job for Smith to carry the batting in England. He's not up to it yet.

It's such a strange thing to say. They showed NO fight with the bat in the second innings apart from MJ which was once the match was a lost cause anyway so how can you say 'we played our natural game'. It's saying that none of them have the stomach for a fight.

I read that he'd said this on a cric text commentary website. But some are reporting that he didn't say that. I really hope I'm wrong. It sickens me when they prattle out that nonsense.

Better team? Lol i refuse to acknowledge this English team is good. They are ******* piss poor. Cook is a hack, Balance an african hack. Root is there only decent batsmen.
Broad is a toad, Ali a ******* alrounder posing as a bowler. Anderson is the best bowler in English history, that alone says enough.

If the Australians switched their ******* minds to the task and actually built an innings this wouldnt happen.

Drop Watson and Haddin and the side bats until 8 again. Instead of batting till 5 like it currently does.

**** the English, **** the mindset of the Australians. But im puttinf my money on an Australian XI that is switched on abd out of auto pilot mode like this test.

You'll never get the Ashes you english campaigners

Vegemite and VB over scones and tea any day of the week

campaigners

But not as s**t as Australia. Your captain has a back of an 80 year old and plays just as well at the moment. Warner is a slogging hack who will never make runs when it swings, Adam Voges is an ordinary Shield player in the team because Rogers worked out well so why not try another old timer? That's as sensible as the obsession with the Robot being selected who doesn't even know where his bloody stumps are but gets a game because 10 years ago England kicked your arse with an all rounder and the Aussies have been obsessed with one ever since! If it wasn't for Rogers being twice the player of anyone in Australia at 50 years of age you would be lucky to last 3 days just once this series! That's not even bothering with that excuse of a bowling attack who only know one ball, the bouncer. Oh but if its a slow track they are cannon fodder saying smash me whilst everyone whinges about doctoring pitches!

If England show up to all 5 tests it wont be a contest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But not as s**t as Australia. Your captain has a back of an 80 year old and plays just as well at the moment. Warner is a slogging hack who will never make runs when it swings, Adam Voges is an ordinary Shield player in the team because Rogers worked out well so why not try another old timer? That's as sensible as the obsession with the Robot being selected who doesn't even know where his bloody stumps are but gets a game because 10 years ago England kicked your arse with an all rounder and the Aussies have been obsessed with one ever since! If it wasn't for Rogers being twice the player of anyone in Australia at 50 years of age you would be lucky to last 3 days just once this series! That's not even bothering with that excuse of a bowling attack who only know one ball, the bouncer. Oh but if its a slow track they are cannon fodder saying smash me whilst everyone whinges about doctoring pitches!

Applause for that one Eddie, managed to work in the Vics AND Poms are stars into the same rant.

One point off because surely you could have managed to mention Sids not being played as well?

All the "experts"... vaughan , Ian Botham , David Lloyd , Boycott ,etc.. all insisted that slow wickets would help Australia..
WRONG!!.. having slower wickets completely nullifies every strength Australia have got.

Clarke has shown signs over the past 12months that he is no where near the batsman he was a few years

Think his back has a lot to do with it . Last night he bunted a wider half volley to point , no weight transfer or balance at all just threw his hands meekly through the line

2 years ago that goes for 4 . IMO he is now an average 40 bat at test level no where near 50plus

That is because the game is not being played in Australia.

All the "experts"... vaughan , Ian Botham , David Lloyd , Boycott ,etc.. all insisted that slow wickets would help Australia..
WRONG!!.. having slower wickets completely nullifies every strength Australia have got.

Why did they think it would help? Every bit of recent historical evidence would say the opposite.

Why did they think it would help? Every bit of recent historical evidence would say the opposite.

I no longer rate Vaughans opinion. He said that every test wicket for this series should be like Manchester . That pitch is like a carbon copy of an Australian deck. AUS dominated there in 2013 and only rain denied them. Why the hell would we give conditions that the opposition like ?
it would be like serving up a turning deck for India .

That is because the game is not being played in Australia.
So his performance has tailed off in the last year because they are now playing in England or that shot only would get him out on an English deck ???

So his performance has tailed off in the last year because they are now playing in England or that shot only would get him out on an English deck ???

The former. Your post itself claims him to be a 40 average batsman. Well, he averages that much away and over 60 on the lifeless decks back home.

Needless to say, England is away.

still crying about 5 nil ?
England were annihilated, you don't have to compound the humiliation with this tripe muppet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back