List Mgmt. 2015 Draft, Trades and Retirements Thread Pt 1

WISH LIST: If we could trade for the following players, who should we get?

• Will Minson (Ruck)

Votes: 21 16.0%
  • Ryan Schoenmakers (CHB)

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • Zac Dawson (CHB)

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • Matt Suckling (HBF)

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • Shaun Hampson (Ruck)

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Brian Lake (FB)

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • Sam Gilbert (CHB)

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • Matt Leuenberger (Ruck)

Votes: 43 32.8%
  • Tom Bellchambers (Ruck)

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • Courtenay Dempsey (CHB)

• Zac Smith (Ruck)

Votes: 23 17.6%
  • Trent McKenzie (Mid)

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Steve Johnson (Fwd)

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • Nathan Wilson (HBF)

• Jake Carlisle (CHB)

Votes: 22 16.8%
  • Adam Treloar (Mid)

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Harley Bennell

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Jeremy McGovern (Def) (Re-signed with WCE)

Votes: 20 15.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sick and Fuc$king tired over being bent over by the AFL and Co for playing by the rules. They might as well fold us and Share our players between Collingwood and Hawthorn

Look, it is what they want. And don't think they will not use Carlton situation to promote Victorian clubs at the expense of us.

They want a slice our market, as long as we are good little silent bitches and stop challenging for cups.

I still am fuming the club didn't go the raw prawn over the trade ban. Thet do that for cheating the cap ffs.

Folks who are unhappy answer my question would you do the following trade

In : Pick 2 (Heeney)

Out : 18,37,38,57

If you said yes well its the exact same thing.

I wouldn't do that trade but I am really happy we have the kid.

That sort of doesn't help at all though in the discussion :p

Gerard Whateley spoke to all the northern clubs - they advised 50% of the population = 10% of the draft is an issue that needs to be addressed & they are prepared to take the hit should it occur. Agree or disagree that is their statement. We have put the development of footy in NSW & QLD above self-interest.
This rule as we know is also applicable to F/S. We'll see if they're prepared for that fair & equitable draft they've all been screaming for.
As a result, this will not last more than this year in its current format.:cool:

I will chuckle if Hiscox and Rose go on to be excellent AFL players.

I think the point system will alter our trading strategy this year.

I think Craig Bird is now gone as a 2nd round pick is more valuable than ever.

I will chuckle if Hiscox and Rose go on to be excellent AFL players.

I think the point system will alter our trading strategy this year.

I think Craig Bird is now gone as a 2nd round pick is more valuable than ever.

Was thinking just this. Craig Bird would almost fetch us a pick from the mid 20's to early 30's.

This new system is what it is and we knew something like this was going to happen. For us to think it could get any better is being optimistic.

Well i really cant think of anything else that eddie or the afl could possibly do to shaft us any more than they already have. reducing our salary cap, banning us from trading and free agency and now altering the draft rules all to stick it up us. Surely theres nothing more they can do.

The following would be more accurate;

Out : 18,37,38,57 & 2 million dollars.

I'm not saying that Heeney himself cost $2m but the average amount we will spent to find a player of his calibre would be at least that amount.

Well i really cant think of anything else that eddie or the afl could possibly do to shaft us any more than they already have. reducing our salary cap, banning us from trading and free agency and now altering the draft rules all to stick it up us. Surely theres nothing more they can do.

Get ready for huge offers to our players to bump up their contracts and build pressure on our cap

The following would be more accurate;

Out : 18,37,38,57 & 2 million dollars.

I'm not saying that Heeney himself cost $2m but the average amount we will spent to find a player of his calibre would be at least that amount.

Yer i know they didn't take the financial aspect of it when considering the reduction.

Next we.will have too many home games at the SCG and ANZ. We will have to play home games in Golbourn and Byron Bay

The irony of all this is that eddie was the one who got the father son rules changed to allow clubs to take more than one eligible kid per year. (Cloke and shaw 2002) now it no longer suits him he wants a "pure draft".

Please god make collingwood runner up the same year they have two gun father son selections.

Please please god make both of them duds

Next we.will have too many home games at the SCG and ANZ. We will have to play home games in Golbourn and Byron Bay
No they're in nsw will have to change them to the mcg where we used to have to play finals when we had finished higher on the ladder than our opponent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No they're in nsw will have to change them to the mcg where we used to have to play finals when we had finished higher on the ladder than our opponent.
Definitely wont be mcg. We'd then get too much exposure to the ground that you play the gf at. Those privileges are kept for the likes of Collingwood and Hawthorn.

LOL, Heeney's photo is splashed all over the analysis of the new bidding system on the AFL website. They aren't even trying to hide it anymore.

LOL, Heeney's photo is splashed all over the analysis of the new bidding system on the AFL website. They aren't even trying to hide it anymore.

They were trying to hide it??

Bizarre move. 'We want you to develop the state, you get first dibs on the really good ones but obliterate a year, and, maybe other successive drafts. You're welcome'

Bizarre move. 'We want you to develop the state, you get first dibs on the really good ones but obliterate a year, and, maybe other successive drafts. You're welcome'

To be honest, I don't think it's going to hurt us that much. I think we'll just end up abandoning the draft to focus on recruiting NSW players and will top up from the free agency pool. It's basically what we do now. I suspect this is why the club has been quite measured in its response to this.

To be honest, I don't think it's going to hurt us that much. I think we'll just end up abandoning the draft to focus on recruiting NSW players and will top up from the free agency pool. It's basically what we do now. I suspect this is why the club has been quite measured in its response to this.
Agree. In hindsight its more likely to hurt the Giants given their recruiting area than it is us. heh.

The bidding system should only apply to players who qualify for next years draft and later not to players we already have spent most of the funds developing. Give us the choice of spending money on players for a smaller benefit or withdraw funds and spend it elsewhere.

In a couple of years without increased funds from the AFL to bridge the gap in funding created by the new rules I expect developement to stall in NSW and Queensland.

to be fair it's the easiest and most recent situation to use as an example.

to be unfair, paying 4 picks for one untried rookie who could be Jack Watts or Tambling in disguise is crap.

they should have one joint academy for NSW shared by the Swans & GWS, ie costs and zones - and go hell for leather promoting the game in the way the AFL was never able to do.

imo, The price is to high for one player - if that was a ACL and not a PCL for Heeney and that system was in place last year - all you would hear is fat eddy & cohorts laughing. But I'll back the Swans to figure a way around it when they need to.

Trading Hanners and Bird would get us Mills and Dunkly (if he wants to come) with an improved position in the 2015 draft and no impact to the 2016 draft.

This is what the Swans will be predicted to start with:

Picks 17, 35,53,71

Trade Hanners for pick 1 and Bird for 26.

We now have before the live draft:

What do we now do: (These predictions are made using the points table)
- We bid pick 1 for Mills and get a 20% discount and score 600 points.
- We use those 600 points to upgrade pick 17 to pick 8.
- We use pick 8 to get Dunkley (if no earlier bids) and get a 20% discount and 310 points.
- With 310 points and 74 left over from the pick 17 to pick 8 upgrade we now have 384 for another upgrade.
- Let us now upgrade pick 26 to pick 15. We now have one point to spare.

What we now have:

Mills
Dunkley
Pick 15
Pick 35
Pick 53 if you want to use it.
Extra Salary Cap room.
No impact to 2016 draft.

What we lost

- Hanners (Big loss but hoping Heeney can step into his role).
- Bird (Being kept out by Mitchell anyway and Mitchell is younger).

I don't think this deal is bad at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back