2015 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Talking Hawthorn, would like to see some anti-hawks stuff come their way. They r sly dogs who are gifted way to many quality players. Win a flag, oh how would you like the number 2 pick from the previous draft fall into your lap, plus Gunston, Frawley. They give up very little for these players. Hope they fall on their arses next year. So over the Hawks and Sydney taking the comp for a ride
With any luck, that's going to be us very shortly.

On the subject of the 2015 fixture...

Given the significance of ANZAC Day how could Essendon, a club under ASADA investigation and a club who was penalised by the AFL for bringing the game into disrepute, be awarded a game on such a significant day ? Surely it is time for the previous season's Premiers to play on ANZAC Day. Nothing will change of course but Essendon don't deserve to be rewarded.

On the subject of the 2015 fixture...

Given the significance of ANZAC Day how could Essendon, a club under ASADA investigation and a club who was penalised by the AFL for bringing the game into disrepute, be awarded a game on such a significant day ? Surely it is time for the previous season's Premiers to play on ANZAC Day. Nothing will change of course but Essendon don't deserve to be rewarded.
Agreed. It's not 'traditional' for Dopes v pies anyway. That started in the 90's.

Collingwood didn't make the 8 and the other mob are drug cheats. Make it a grand final rematch.

Anzac day aside, the draw needs more than 1 Friday night game against a bottom 8 side.

(Let the crows have Thursday nights)

Also need more games at the MCG. Playing a prelim there with only one previous game experience there made a difference I reckon.

Yes very true, Geelong have had a barren stretch here as well, from 2008 to 2013 if my memory serves me correctly?
Sounds about right. But let me say this - our current team now fears NOBODY, ANYWHERE!!!! The release of the draw is now just 19 days away, and whatever the AFL hits us with, so be it: our boys will be up for the challenge.

I must agree with the Anzac Day debate. If Collingwood and Essendon continue to be granted the privilege of playing on such a special day (especially next year, being the 100th anniversary), I see it as the AFL rewarding mediocrity. Give the honour to two teams that actually deserve it!!!!!

Sounds about right. But let me say this - our current team now fears NOBODY, ANYWHERE!!!! The release of the draw is now just 19 days away, and whatever the AFL hits us with, so be it: our boys will be up for the challenge.

I must agree with the Anzac Day debate. If Collingwood and Essendon continue to be granted the privilege of playing on such a special day (especially next year, being the 100th anniversary), I see it as the AFL rewarding mediocrity. Give the honour to two teams that actually deserve it!!!!!
Yes I get the point, but sick of playing North Melbourne away! Its about time we got them here....

AFL: Rewarding Mediocrity

2015 Season theme.

well didn't we give them a kicking at Docklands in September as well?
Indeed - I reckon Port leads 2-1 in finals against the Kangaroos (they beat us in the 1999 elimination final), but we won the 2005 elimination final (Docklands) and the 2007 preliminary final (AAMI Stadium), and the margin was 87 points on both occasions.

Indeed - I reckon Port leads 2-1 in finals against the Kangaroos (they beat us in the 1999 elimination final), but we won the 2005 elimination final (Docklands) and the 2007 preliminary final (AAMI Stadium), and the margin was 87 points on both occasions.
3-1 if you include the 2001 Ansett Cup semi

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm afraid it's never made much difference. :(
6-6 at AAMI Stadium, 2-15 away. In fact we've only beaten North in the H/A once outside of AAMI. There have been occasions when we could have won. Once when we were 1 point down with 2 minutes to go, Nick Stevens had a clear run into the 50 and the umpire gave a free from 100 metres because a North player was bumped off the ball and there was one North won by kicking 20.5. But our record against them would still be appalling.

We have to double up against at least bottom 6 side I'm pretty sure.

Nope its either zero or one game against sides 13-18 for us if they will use the same conditions as last year.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-08-28/full-statement-from-the-afl

In the construction of each year’s fixture, the final ladder will be grouped into the top six teams, middle six teams and bottom six teams with regard to better managing the equality of double match-ups for all clubs the following season.

· Sides ranked 1-6 on the ladder will have a minimum of two double-meetings with other top six sides and a maximum of three meetings with sides ranked 1-6. They will have a minimum of one double-meeting of sides ranked 7-12 and a maximum of two double-meetings of sides in the 7-12 range. They will have either no double meetings or a maximum of one double meeting with a side ranked 13-18.

· Sides ranked 7-12 on the ladder will have a minimum of one double-meeting with sides ranked 1-6 on the ladder and a maximum of two meetings with sides ranked 1-6. They will have a minimum of two double-meetings of sides ranked 7-12 and a maximum of three double-meetings of sides 7-12. They will have a minimum of one double-meeting of sides ranked 13-18 and a maximum of two double-meetings of sides ranked 13-18.

· Sides ranked 13-18 on the ladder will have either no double meeting or a maximum of one double meeting with a side ranked 1-6. They will have a minimum of one double-meeting with sides ranked 7-12 and a maximum of two double-meetings of sides ranked 7-12. They will have a minimum of two double-meetings of sides ranked 13-18 and a maximum of three double-meetings of sides 13-18.

So Hawthorn, Sydney Geelong could happen
+ Adelaide and Essendon could also happen

No real benefit to AFL crowds and executives bonuses if we play Bulldogs, Lions, GWS, Melbourne or Saints twice. But we could get Carlton twice who were 13th.

Yeah, but thinking it'll be made as hard as possible for us. If there has to be a bottom 6 side then it'll probably be Melbourne. They almost beat us twice this year.
So be it. When we finish in the top 2 despite such a tough draw, it'll be that much more satisfying. I think you'll find that Hawthorn often cops a tough draw, but they're good enough to keep winning anyway. I reckon we're now good enough to do the same: if we can beat Fremantle in Perth, and then scare the crap out of the reigning premier on their home deck just 6 days later, we've got no reason to fear anybody!!!!!

Nope its either zero or one game against sides 13-18 for us if they will use the same conditions as last year.

In the construction of each year’s fixture, the final ladder will be grouped into the top six teams, middle six teams and bottom six teams with regard to better managing the equality of double match-ups for all clubs the following season.

· Sides ranked 1-6 on the ladder will have a minimum of two double-meetings with other top six sides and a maximum of three meetings with sides ranked 1-6. They will have a minimum of one double-meeting of sides ranked 7-12 and a maximum of two double-meetings of sides in the 7-12 range. They will have either no double meetings or a maximum of one double meeting with a side ranked 13-18.

· Sides ranked 7-12 on the ladder will have a minimum of one double-meeting with sides ranked 1-6 on the ladder and a maximum of two meetings with sides ranked 1-6. They will have a minimum of two double-meetings of sides ranked 7-12 and a maximum of three double-meetings of sides 7-12. They will have a minimum of one double-meeting of sides ranked 13-18 and a maximum of two double-meetings of sides ranked 13-18.

· Sides ranked 13-18 on the ladder will have either no double meeting or a maximum of one double meeting with a side ranked 1-6. They will have a minimum of one double-meeting with sides ranked 7-12 and a maximum of two double-meetings of sides ranked 7-12. They will have a minimum of two double-meetings of sides ranked 13-18 and a maximum of three double-meetings of sides 13-18.

So Hawthorn, Sydney Geelong could happen
+ Adelaide and Essendon could also happen

No real benefit to AFL crowds and executives bonuses if we play Bulldogs, Lions, GWS, Melbourne or Saints twice. But we could get Carlton twice who were 13th.

My bad.

6-6 at AAMI Stadium, 2-15 away. In fact we've only beaten North in the H/A once outside of AAMI. There have been occasions when we could have won. Once when we were 1 point down with 2 minutes to go, Nick Stevens had a clear run into the 50 and the umpire gave a free from 100 metres because a North player was bumped off the ball and there was one North won by kicking 20.5. But our record against them would still be appalling.

5 of those away losses were umpire influenced, we were also robbed a home game in fairly recent years. I do not kid. For this reason I hate Northern.

You send the top teams not the weak ones-equalisation. Crows and us have done way over our share.Time to square it up a bit

I know you are only half serious but equalisation goes out the window in round 23 when the finals are on the radar - then the top teams deserve the fixture breaks as they would have well and truly earned them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back