List Mgmt. 2015 List Discussion (No rumours or hypotheticals please)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sinclair was pick 70 or something cant understand all this fuss over him, they must be really flying high if they think we will actually give them MORE on top of Jetta.

Alas i guess our desperation will be the death of us, woeful list management considering we could of got him for nothing just TWO years ago.

Ok jetta and beatson for sinclair?

So why would we add? The post I responded to suggested we would add to a Jetta for Sinclair swap.

Did you think he had a tiny bug like head?
Well if Jetta was in contract you would need to otherwise I think a swap is fair, also yes he has a bug like head.

We should throw in Parker as steak knives to make it even.

So it's effectively the same bidding points so you don't lose anything, and then it's Sinclair for Jetta, which your club already offered.
That really doesnt benefit us in any way. As you say the points value is basically the same so we dont need those picks. All your asking is can we help improve your draft position well getting nothing in return. No.

um, you get Sinclair. For you guys it's effectively Sinclair for Jetta, which youve already offered reportedly.

Do appreciate someone giving a half decent repsonse though, cheers.

Well if Jetta was in contract you would need to otherwise I think a swap is fair, also yes he has a bug like head.
But Jetta isn't contracted and Sinclair is so I think its not unreasonable to suggest if any side was to add to the deal it would be the side who has offered a big money long term deal to the contracted player.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out after we got rid of our first rounder. That and suggesting on our end Sinclair isn't available. As suspected we are challenging the Swans to make us an offer we can't refuse.

But Jetta isn't contracted and Sinclair is so I think its not unreasonable to suggest if any side was to add to the deal it would be the side who has offered a big money long term deal to the contracted player.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out after we got rid of our first rounder. That and suggesting on our end Sinclair isn't available. As suspected we are challenging the Swans to make us an offer we can't refuse.

Its more annoying that sydney would get to this sort of point thats all than any problem with west coast

Mine was.

1. There are several clubs that would trade for pick 14 that would give us all the points needed so that we could get Mills and select a player with our second rounder.... If those trades didnt eventuate, we would prefer to use our first rounder then give you a leg up, by trading you a first rounder and a better player for Sinclair

2. Why would we help out a team vying for the premiership be giving them Jetta and a first rounder for a 26 year old that has played less then 30 games, gets monstered in the ruck? We are interested in him but he has never actually prooved he could be a good 1st Ruckman. He is a good Rck/Fwd but we are looking for a genuine Ruckman.

3. Even though Jetta is uncontracted, he is worth more then Sinclair.

So it's effectively the same bidding points so you don't lose anything, and then it's Sinclair for Jetta, which your club already offered.

um, you get Sinclair. For you guys it's effectively Sinclair for Jetta, which youve already offered reportedly.

Yes i get that but it would strengthen a rival club and we gain nothing else out of it. Essentially

WC get: Jetta + improved draft position

Sydney get: Sinclair

Pass.

Both play at a similar level, Sinkers in a more highly sought after position which (apparently) you guys have a desperate need for and is also contracted.

Yep, Sinclair yet to be as or rank in his team bnf top 10.

Asking the hypothetical.

You want Jetta who is under contract to us. Do you think we would take Sinclair and actually consider giving something else?

I know that is not the case and nothing is ever even, sellers msrket and all that, but gee whiz at least deal in reality a bit.

You would swap Sinclair for Jetta straight up every day of the week at this point in their careers. In fact I cannot really work out why you haven't slammed the door in his face to give him the picture.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Precisely.

I would take a punt on Fitzpatrick, but he is not a ruckman.

The good thing with Fitzpatrick is that I reckon he would be turned into a decent KPD if not as a ruck.

But point stands. Rather let Jetta go to PSD than be bent over. Not a fan of Sinclair, dont believe he is first ruck material. At least it would send a message though

Don't want him as I don't think he is good enough to be a no. 1 ruck but with Leuenberger and Smith basically confirmed to be going to Essendon and Geelong respectively it looks like we will definitely be getting Sinclair, hopefully Sinclair + Selwood Compensation for Jetta.

The good thing with Fitzpatrick is that I reckon he would be turned into a decent KPD if not as a ruck.

But point stands. Rather let Jetta go to PSD than be bent over. Not a fan of Sinclair, dont believe he is first ruck material. At least it would send a message though

I just want mitch brown In the draft. I'm a broken record, but he was awesome in the VFL as a KPD. If we get Fitzpatrick and brown, with aliir and Richards I would sleep better at night.

I want Sinclair for the right price. A straight swap, we are paying overs but I would do that. I would do some late pick swaps, but that's it.

I agree with you though, we are gambling whether he could actually be a first ruck.

I dont think we can afford to not get anything :/

Honestly do not rate Sinclair.

So in my mind it is:

Bring in an inconsistent and largely inexperienced ruck who will cost money and draft position while weakening our squad by getting rid of our best kick.

Thought it is a position of need we could get DFA in Gorringe or Moller who would probably be just as effective.

Asking the hypothetical.

You want Jetta who is under contract to us. Do you think we would take Sinclair and actually consider giving something else?

I know that is not the case and nothing is ever even, sellers msrket and all that, but gee whiz at least deal in reality a bit.

You would swap Sinclair for Jetta straight up every day of the week at this point in their careers. In fact I cannot really work out why you haven't slammed the door in his face to give him the picture.
I have no issue with the straight swap. I however don't rate Sinclair at all and I think Jetta could add something to our best 22.

But it's not up to me. Sydney have played a big hand in this by making a substantial offer to a contracted player who just had what some are claiming is a breakout year.

On the flip side they have an out of contract player who by all reports just wants to go back to WA and wants the Eagles.

It's tailored made for us to put on a squeeze. Not saying it will pay off but I certainly expect us to try.

I have no issue with the straight swap. I however don't rate Sinclair at all and I think Jetta could add something to our best 22.

But it's not up to me. Sydney have played a big hand in this by making a substantial offer to a contracted player who just had what some are claiming is a breakout year.

On the flip side they have an out of contract player who by all reports just wants to go back to WA and wants the Eagles.

It's tailored made for us to put on a squeeze. Not saying it will pay off but I certainly expect us to try.

Yer i understand your position us offering 4yrs @ 400k reeks of desperation on our end so your sitting in your perch waiting it out to see how badly do we want Sinclair.

Its really our own fault we got put in this position.

Honestly do not rate Sinclair.

So in my mind it is:

Bring in an inconsistent and largely inexperienced ruck who will cost money and draft position while weakening our squad by getting rid of our best kick.

Thought it is a position of need we could get DFA in Gorringe or Moller who would probably be just as effective.

I mean who knows we are either delusional or see something special in Sinclair cause we are in "love" with him.

You lost power though, because you don't have the picks for him. After the Redden trade, you have nothing in the ballpark.

Tbh, I don't think we are worried about the PSD. Jetta has a lot of good mates here that he is close with, so if a reasonable offer didn't come I think he will sign an extension.

If he doesn't, I think we will let him go to the PSD.

Therefore, it really depends on how much you want Jetta. If you don't want to trade, fine.

Its going to drag out though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back