2015 Membership Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

My gold took a while longer that what my other mates did, and I signed before and have been a member for longer than them. Not sure what the process is, but it's been a bit all over the place in terms of order.

In regards to the hoodies, some are getting them in the one pack, some are coming separately to their membership packs. I've already rung the club asking where my hoodie was, said it was dependant on what size you ordered and when as there's been a bit of a back log. Expect to receive it in April apparently...
Great. So i'll be waiting until June then.

It does seem a bit "try hard" updating every day, especially when the AFL come in with their audit and knock 6000+ "members" off your total.

And I prefer the way my club sell memberships that maximises revenue so my club doesn't rack up debts each year. The profit the club gets from membership surely is more important than some rubbery "member" total.

50k members paying 11 game access is better than 60k members with 3 game access, I stuggle to understand the frenzy "my club has 60k members herp derp we are da best"

Sure its great to have people pay to be a member but even a Port supporter should be able to understand it is the total profit from your membership that is the important thing.

50,000 11 game members is impossible given that 8,200 of the grounds capacity is taken up by the SMA members. With Audi Club, the SMA controlled boxes and the mandated GA tickets, I doubt it is possible to get much more than 40,000 11 game tickets. Once you hit that ceiling, your lever for extra membership dollars becomes dictated by price.

It does seem a bit "try hard" updating every day, especially when the AFL come in with their audit and knock 6000+ "members" off your total.

And I prefer the way my club sell memberships that maximises revenue so my club doesn't rack up debts each year. The profit the club gets from membership surely is more important than some rubbery "member" total.

50k members paying 11 game access is better than 60k members with 3 game access, I stuggle to understand the frenzy "my club has 60k members herp derp we are da best"

Sure its great to have people pay to be a member but even a Port supporter should be able to understand it is the total profit from your membership that is the important thing.

Unfortunately that IS the case, it should be how much money each member then spends in total but both clubs have been shafted on that.

Far better to have 50,000 who spend a $100 less on their tickets but spend $200 over the season on other items.

Got my member's pack yesterday. Blue hat for a non-reserved seat essential crow. Has anyone in the western stand received a hat colour other than blue?

So now they are accusing the club & AFL of lying that we had 42,000 11 game members last year (which the AFL announced in July 2014)???????

Last year the 8K SMA Members were split 5200 to us and 2800 to them. This year all members were asked to allocate which club they supported.

So now they are accusing the club & AFL of lying that we had 42,000 11 game members last year (which the AFL announced in July 2014)???????

Last year the 8K SMA Members were split 5200 to us and 2800 to them. This year all members were asked to allocate which club they supported.

The SANFL split the SMA members up with that archaic 70/30 rule that you guys love last year because none of the money from those memberships went to either club. This year, because the SMA membership total has gone up by $100 ($50 to each club, the AFL decreed minimum cost of a membership), it reverts back to the standard Category 1 style membership from AAMI Stadium, which meant that both clubs could count the full 8k in the total.

The only reason why members were asked to allocate which club they supported was so the relevant club could send out their membership pack, just like at AAMI.

The SANFL split the SMA members up with that archaic 70/30 rule that you guys love last year because none of the money from those memberships went to either club. This year, because the SMA membership total has gone up by $100 ($50 to each club, the AFL decreed minimum cost of a membership), it reverts back to the standard Category 1 style membership from AAMI Stadium, which meant that both clubs could count the full 8k in the total.

The only reason why members were asked to allocate which club they supported was so the relevant club could send out their membership pack, just like at AAMI.
Why do you count Magpies membership in your AFL total? Lots of doubling up giving you guys boners but not an accurate reflection. PAFC the home of spin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why do you count Magpies membership in your AFL total? Lots of doubling up giving you guys boners but not an accurate reflection. PAFC the home of spin.

Do we? o_O

Why would we count SANFL members as AFL members?
One club in two competitions = 2 separate memberships.

Do we? o_O

Rubbish, you know your team counts Magpies as Power Members. It was in the AFL Audit in August and your fearless Leeder Kochie has said this many times.

I was chatting to @Adelaide_FC on twitter earlier (I assume its Katrina Gill?). I.was asking a question about membership numbers.

They said we were close to our record of 57,000 from 2014 and currently have 44,000 11 game members.

They are nearly finished transferring waiting list into seated memberships and once this is done (they will give the members an accurate total) they will be ramping up other members categories.

I was chatting to @Adelaide_FC on twitter earlier (I assume its Katrina Gill?). I.was asking a question about membership numbers.

They said we were close to our record of 57,000 from 2014 and currently have 44,000 11 game members.

They are nearly finished transferring waiting list into seated memberships and once this is done (they will give the members an accurate total) they will be ramping up other members categories.

Makes sense to me, there is no need for a daily/weekly update when all your doing is renewing memberships which we all know will sell out. I've seen almost nothing from the club advertising other packages and with the late start to the season and how things are moving towards 3 games and special packages during the season it makes a lot of sense to do the advertising when people are actually thinking about football as the season approaches and even into the season rather than December/January/February.

Yep, very smart to watch the summer market. Its been an unusual long Cricket mad Summer, starting with the BBL Strikers getting massive crowds and publicity in January and now a once in 20 year event, the Cricket World Cup.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if we wait till mid March to launch our membership packages properly, as most people are into the CWC & other things such as the Fringe at the moment.

So are we. 5 of us all Gold members, still waiting. 3 of us have ordered the hoodies though, not sure if that has caused a hold up.

I ordered the hoodie too but that didn't come with the membership pack. All I got was my hat, lanyard, pin sticker and a letter saying my ticket would arrived separately.

Did other people receive their scarf or whatever gift they ordered with their hat?

I am an essential crows member, am I even entitled to the gifts? I ordered it but not sure if I will ever receive it.

Im a SMA member and wasnt asked who I support. Also a Bronze member. I would be counted twice.

Do we? o_O

With that logic our club has over 100k members.

Every single Crows member is also a member of our SANFL side and we can all go see our Reserves play for free.

Do you think this includes the SMA members? Unless they are over selling GA or Western stand, I would think it would have to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back