2015 Non Freo discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

And cue EP2006 to remind us that he is no longer at the club and that we should all move on.

Look, I detest wc eagles as much as any man on the planet but there comes a time when you need more understanding.
It has been a while since we have heard a story about Ben Cousins and that is probably good news in itself .

Like I said, there is a family involved and it must be a terrible existence living with a bomb that may explode.
It is Ben's parents that I feel for.

Look, I detest wc eagles as much as any man on the planet but there comes a time when you need more understanding.
It has been a while since we have heard a story about Ben Cousins and that is probably good news in itself .

Like I said, there is a family involved and it must be a terrible existence living with a bomb that may explode.
It is Ben's parents that I feel for.

Well said Fred. Mix drugs and the wrong person together and it goes from being fun to a tragedy in no time. Family are the ones who have to wear the bulk of the grief that goes with out of control drug use.

Sad news really. The guys is a Dad now and still up to this rubbish. Terrible, terrible to think of those kids having to watch their Dad go through this stuff. If he's still doing it now, he'll probably still be doing it as they grow up and get older as well.

Just plain sad.

I remember watching an eagles game at Subi on TV when a young kid was going to toss the coin before the game.
He was jumping up and down with sheer excitement as Ben Cousins walked toward him to shake his hand.

I will never forget that sight and I often wonder if other AFL players fully realise how much they are looked up to by young footy fans.
Whether they want the burden or not AFL players are role models.

I remember watching an eagles game at Subi on TV when a young kid was going to toss the coin before the game.
He was jumping up and down with sheer excitement as Ben Cousins walked toward him to shake his hand.

I will never forget that sight and I often wonder if other AFL players fully realise how much they are looked up to by young footy fans.
Whether they want the burden or not AFL players are role models.
I saw that same reaction to Ben from a pair of 10 year olds. He was playing for Richmond at the time and warming up, they were almost jumping over the fence waving and calling his name. He smiled at them, jogged over and had a chat.

It was lovely, I think it was the game he got fined for flipping off the camera in the change rooms.

He wasn't born with this desease he chose to take ice/crack etc I feel sorry for his family but not him.

Addiction affects every person differently and it has been proven to exist in not just humans but other organisms on the planet in very similar ratios.

For example, there is a type of bee that gets addicted to fermented cider apples in almost the same ratios as humans are addicted to alcohol.

The reality is that we still don't understand the way the brain works completely and addiction is just another brain function we don't fully understand.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Addiction affects every person differently and it has been proven to exist in not just humans but other organisms on the planet in very similar ratios.

For example, there is a type of bee that gets addicted to fermented cider apples in almost the same ratios as humans are addicted to alcohol.

The reality is that we still don't understand the way the brain works completely and addiction is just another brain function we don't fully understand.

And... He chose to take Ice he wasn't forced to and after a while he became addicted. It's his fault for taking it in the first time.

If only that's the way the world worked ep2006.

Happy to ride on the coat tails of old players who won the premiership cups for you?

I feel for Ben's family but trying to distance the club from Ben and his troubles is laughable.

What a champion he was. But he still obviously needs assistance and I hope our club are still providing him with this support.

It's sad what happened to Ben but he isn't part of the club anymore and thus shouldn't be used to gauge our current club culture.

Some of the management that allowed that culture of drug addiction to fester and grow and ignore the damage it was doing in the hunt for a premiership are still there.
And that cup is still in the cabinet.

And... He chose to take Ice he wasn't forced to and after a while he became addicted. It's his fault for taking it in the first time.

It's totally his fault. But, it's worth considering he was a child when he first starting using, 16 I think. And the environment at West Coast didn't do a great deal to help him get over it.

I do feel some kind of sympathy for him. He's also a bit of a knob head, but knob heads are people too.

God I hate Mitch Clarke. 3 in the first quarter. So much for Geelong fading this year

I'm sick and tired of all our opposition unveiling their shiny new forwards each year when it has been a desperate need of ours for many years. Tabs better be ok !!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back