2015 Non Freo discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

This is what NORMAL people say about Fyfe - from the north board

Ryan Crowley crossed with Cameron Ling crossed with Superman couldn't stop Fyfe in the form he is in. May as well start with Wood on him for a learning experience. Wood should be playing the same role as Fyfe for us (albeit nowhere near as good) what better way to learn...

See that's how you do it. Bloody flogs over the road

I am in Melbourne this weekend and going to the swans v hawks and Carlton v Geelong games. The others I am going with want to go to WC v St Kilda but I just don't think I can do it. Will frustrate me watching them win by 150 and their supporters carrying on

being the match winner against Sydney on the SCG as a 19 year old.

Still my favourite ever Fyfe moment, there is just so much awesomeness about it. To say he made Jack look a bit silly is an understatement and a half. To be able to do that with a slippery ball on a postage stamp is criminal.

I was at that game and knew then he was something else.

Got more coaches votes than fyfe this week so by your standard yeo is better than fyfe this week

AFLCA VOTES LEADERBOARD

58 - Nat Fyfe (Fremantle)
36 - Dan Hannebery (Sydney Swans)
32 - David Armitage (St Kilda)
32 - Matt Priddis (West Coast)
32 - Dylan Shiel (GWS)
30 - Scott Pendlebury (Collingwood)
29 - Josh Kennedy (Sydney Swans)
27 - Tom McDonald (Melbourne)
25 - Eddie Betts (Adelaide)
23 - David Mundy (Fremantle)

Hmmmm......No Yeo Bro!

I can't be the only one that can see West Coast losing to Geelong? Only to follow it up with losses to North and Ess?

This thread was quality before we had some visitors from the wc board and turned it into a sniping contest.

On the football, I still see hawks as the team to beat. They are building into the season with some talent to bring back. Port the big shock, they must have been reading their own press.

Like it or not, Fyfe is now the best player in the comp and fans will try to measure every of their young and upcoming player against him.

As mentioned by others, the comparison will probably do Yeo more harm than good in the long run when he failed to meet their lofty standards.
But then again, WC fans still think Nic Nat and Priddis are stars...

Like it or not, Fyfe is now the best player in the comp and fans will try to measure every of their young and upcoming player against him.

As mentioned by others, the comparison will probably do Yeo more harm than good in the long run when he failed to meet their lofty standards.
But then again, WC fans still think Nic Nat and Priddis are stars...

Only the dumb ones. The smarter ones (not too many) have realised that they aren't anywhere as effective as they're made out to be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only good thing about their supporters blind belief that they are actually good when they win a game or 2, is the let down when they realize they are actually not!

AFLCA VOTES LEADERBOARD

58 - Nat Fyfe (Fremantle)
36 - Dan Hannebery (Sydney Swans)
32 - David Armitage (St Kilda)
32 - Matt Priddis (West Coast)
32 - Dylan Shiel (GWS)
30 - Scott Pendlebury (Collingwood)
29 - Josh Kennedy (Sydney Swans)
27 - Tom McDonald (Melbourne)
25 - Eddie Betts (Adelaide)
23 - David Mundy (Fremantle)

Hmmmm......No Yeo Bro!

Fyfe should donate 15 votes to Mundy so they can be 1st and 2nd

Gotta love a soft draw don't you. I wonder when we get to finally play Carlton, Brisbane, GWS at home, Gold Coast etc....

That Yeo Fyfe comparrision is crazy, nobody in their right mind thinks Yeo is better than Fyfe, or anywhere near his level.

The bit about the soft draw gets me a bit though. If you were to look back on every side that played in GF's or made top 4, you'd likely find a fair portion of them had "soft" draws.

In 2013, the year you made the GF, you had a very soft draw, considering you finished 2012 7th on the ladder (5th overall I think after the finals were completed) You played us twice, as always, the only other side you played twice that made the 8 in 2012 was the Crows, the others were Richmond, Melbourne & the Saints. You also played GWS, Power (14th in 2012), Lions, Essendon (11th in 2012), all at home, so your argument of you never get to play the s**t teams at home is a load of crap.

That Yeo Fyfe comparrision is crazy, nobody in their right mind thinks Yeo is better than Fyfe, or anywhere near his level.

The bit about the soft draw gets me a bit though. If you were to look back on every side that played in GF's or made top 4, you'd likely find a fair portion of them had "soft" draws.

In 2013, the year you made the GF, you had a very soft draw, considering you finished 2012 7th on the ladder (5th overall I think after the finals were completed) You played us twice, as always, the only other side you played twice that made the 8 in 2012 was the Crows, the others were Richmond, Melbourne & the Saints. You also played GWS, Power (14th in 2012), Lions, Essendon (11th in 2012), all at home, so your argument of you never get to play the s**t teams at home is a load of crap.

who cares buddy why dont we just focus on our teams winning each week.

Was pretty similar for 2013, just didn't effect the middle tier sides as much. Top 4 only played bottom 4 once, and vice versa.

whatever the case, we can only play what is put infront of us. Wheher it is WCE soft start draw or freos medium to hard start draw. Lets play another 10-12 rounds and then talk draws.

whatever the case, we can only play what is put infront of us. Wheher it is WCE soft start draw or freos medium to hard start draw. Lets play another 10-12 rounds and then talk draws.

Absolutely correct. You guys were good enough to make the most a good draw in 2013 and play off in a GF, hopefully we can take advantage of our draw this year. Time will tell.

Freo played all of the top four sides in 2013 away from home. Would have loved to have faced them at Subi in home and away. That would have meant a chance for winning each and guaranteeing that the side finished higher.

As it stood, Freo did the impossible and won a final at Kardinia, which put paid to the idea Freo had a soft draw.

The fact is, West Coast go 23 games of footy without playing either of the 2014 grand finalists. That's an astonishing run of footy where you avoid the very best.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back