News 2015 pre-season (Training, photos etc, THREAD FINALLY CLOSED, SEE NEW PHOTOS THREAD)

Will we finally have an injury free preseason in 2015 training ?

• YES?

Votes: 39 22.7%
  • NO?

Votes: 75 43.6%
  • MAYBE?

Votes: 21 12.2%
  • 50/50?

Votes: 16 9.3%
  • OR PHONE A FRIEND?

Votes: 43 25.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mate is a physio who owns his own practice. He literally has every single tool at his disposal for rehab in his own workplace, and is very diligent when it comes to rehab from sports injuries.

You're talking out your arse. Again.

You are correct in that the easiest time to pop the hammy is soon after the operation. Shazz and Caff are both past the most likely stage to do it, but there's every chance that they popped them early and it wasn't worth reporting.
Nah doubt they popped the hamstring under the kind of supervision they would be.
Much different being a physio to being an actual elite athlete. I've known plenty of people had recos who have not done a hammy after. It's you talkin out your ass. Having are mate who's a physio don't make you an expert in ACL. Mustn't be a very good physio.

Absolutely loving the pictures/vision of Keefe atm this pre season. Can't wait to see him come back and prove 75% of this board wrong. Seems to have put in the hard yards
I like the vision of him crossing the finish in the time trial. Seemed pumped to get a good result. As you say, gave me the impression that he's been working hard at it.

1511637_10152633143841107_536110656142124783_n.jpg

Didn't have his best year probably due to him coming back from his ACL, but at his best he's one of the best defenders of his type in the comp, quietly going about smashing his opponents, reckon he'll bounce back strong, just look at that face!

Absolutely love this bloke, fear the possum.

Last edited:
Nah doubt they popped the hamstring under the kind of supervision they would be.
Much different being a physio to being an actual elite athlete. I've known plenty of people had recos who have not done a hammy after. It's you talkin out your ass. Having are mate who's a physio don't make you an expert in ACL. Mustn't be a very good physio.
No, it doesn't make me an expert, but it does make him one.

I'll trust his word over the most random person on this site any day of the week.

And fwiw, he's an excellent physio. About to open his second practice and he's only 30.

Absolutely loving the pictures/vision of Keefe atm this pre season. Can't wait to see him come back and prove 75% of this board wrong. Seems to have put in the hard yards

He's always been a super athlete so something tells me smashing it on the track will have stuff all impact on his chief weakness!

Dropping your head when things go against you is the domain of the sports psychologist. He's now at or past the halfway point of his career so it's going to be tough to improve that side of his game from here.

Hopefully he does because he's crucial in our desire to keep Reid forward, but that's not something that's fixed in a hurry...

No, it doesn't make me an expert, but it does make him one.

I'll trust his word over the most random person on this site any day of the week.

And fwiw, he's an excellent physio. About to open his second practice and he's only 30.
I wouldn't trust the advice of a physio who can't even manage his own injury.

Would be good to see some pictures of some of the players that aren't A-graders like Varcoe, Ox, Ramsey, Gault, Dwyer, White, Broomy, Levi, Crisp etc over this preseason to see if they are having big preseason Stepping up looking leaner or bulked up more depending on what fitness plan the club has for the player.
Anyone Heading down to training much this preseason and will be taking pictures???

I think if Varcoe drops some weight or gets leaner and stays injury free over preseason that he's speed could really help us wile our young kids develope more, But he isn't our clubs savoir this year or anything but i still wish him the best to see if he has the mind set to step up at the pies.
Can't wait to see Levi Collingwood play for us. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys, hope you don't mind a Brisbane supporter dropping in.

I was wondering if anyone knows how Patty Karnezis is tracking this pre-season. I really liked him when he was at Brisbane and thought he was going to be really good for us, gutted to lose him but still hope he does well, even if it's in a Magpie jumper.

I know he had a shocker with injuries last year, missed the whole pre-season with OP and then did that bad hammy (still nearly won the VFL goal kicking anyway even after missing 9-10 games and no pre-season, plus playing a lot on the wing).

Does anyone know if he's back into full training? He'll be a beauty if he gets an injury free run at it this year.

I was wondering if anyone knows how Patty Karnezis is tracking this pre-season. I really liked him when he was at Brisbane and thought he was going to be really good for us, gutted to lose him but still hope he does well, even if it's in a Magpie jumper.

I know he had a shocker with injuries last year, missed the whole pre-season with OP and then did that bad hammy (still nearly won the VFL goal kicking anyway even after missing 9-10 games and no pre-season, plus playing a lot on the wing).

Does anyone know if he's back into full training? He'll be a beauty if he gets an injury free run at it this year.

Thanks Eski - im with you, i think he's going to be a ripper (i didnt think so when he first arrived)
His play in the 2nds suggest he can kick bags of goals and when he went into the middle he got heaps of it.
Just needs to build up his tank.

All the best for 2015

He'll play senior footy next year, no doubt about it. He did really well this year to even be considered for a call up given his injuries, but he was really tearing it up in the VFL before he did his hammy.

He looks to be in full training now, so it will be awesome to see what he can do with a full preseason under the belt :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back