News 2015 preseason training news and updates

Remove this Banner Ad

The CatsTV should have strapped the Go Pro to Blicavs or someone else this time during the time trial to see how it went like they did last year!

The CatsTV should have strapped the Go Pro to Blicavs or someone else this time during the time trial to see how it went like they did last year!
You like the idea of watching an empty track? ;)

When I was writing it I did realise how boring that would be ;) That's why I included 'or someone else' so we could actually see some action haha
Cowan would have been a good choice.

We now need some smaller crumbers/opportunists to come through to compliment the talls.

Tend to agree The rabbi
I think McCarthy and Lang have the potential to add some potency down forward.
I also hope we have a damn hard look at our forwardline strategy to take advantage of the new talls and other assets.
If we continue to kick long to Tom as the preferred option the majority of times I'll fe***ng scream , we have to be better than that in 2015. :mad:

Tend to agree The rabbi
I think McCarthy and Lang have the potential to add some potency down forward.
I also hope we have a damn hard look at our forwardline strategy to take advantage of the new talls and other assets.
If we continue to kick long to Tom as the preferred option the majority of times I'll fe***ng scream , we have to be better than that in 2015. :mad:

In that case, prepare to scream.

We had one key forward in Hawkins and bombed it to him nonstop. We now have potentially two or three more key forwards, none of whom are fast across the ground or quick on the lead. Get ready for more long bombs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We had one key forward in Hawkins and bombed it to him nonstop. We now have potentially two or three more key forwards, none of whom are fast across the ground or quick on the lead. Get ready for more long bombs.

Stanley??? Clark is also not a slouch, and extremely athletic/mobile for a huge guy...

Stanley looks mobile for his size sure. I'm talking someone who is going to be leading fast up at the ball. We'll see.
Hawkins said yesterday that Clark will play that role.
He said "I've already told him that inside 50 is all mine" lol

Stanley may be good for nothing else, but he is very fast.

The mix for us will be interesting.
Whilst the new talls ( Clark and Stanley) are mobile they are not as mobile as Breust and Gunston - the Hawks pair always seem to get behind the defence and kick their goals from < 40 M. They either read it better or have the tank to gut run back into that area.
This , combined with Roughy accounts for the majority of their goals - bastards !
Whilst Tom is a beast in a 1:1 I reckon he is harder to stop on a well timed lead. I would have liked to see him leading a lot more this season.
If we play either of Clark, Stanley or Walker with Tom you would think we'd play more of a traditional FF /CHF set up with the preferred two rotating through both positions. This would play to our strengths and allow the mediums and smalls to feed off the big guys , or the big guys have a set shot.

Speculation I agree , but we do need to change tactics in the F50. We generate ample inside 50's - we don't convert anywhere near enough.
Our second best goalkicker needs to kick way more than 27 in 2015 , and we need more contributors.

Hawkins said yesterday that Clark will play that role.
He said "I've already told him that inside 50 is all mine" lol

Only after Clark said the same of Hawkins - looks like the 2 big forwards are looking forward to playing along side each other and already enjoying a laugh:
“Yeah I told him I want the goal square and he can push up,” he said.
“Tommy’s not back at training yet but he’ll be back in a few weeks and we can work from there.
“I was pretty interested in the role (Geelong offered) when I was looking for a new home — that would be a bit up forward and maybe in the ruck here and there, I’m not too sure, but hopefully I can work with big Tomahawk and create a few headaches.”

You like the idea of watching an empty track? ;)
Remember last year he had it on his back to start with and you saw him just pulling away from everyone, them he moved it rounds to the front as he started to catch the group again, and they cut out the middle few minutes

They could always kick it to Stokesy when he is manned up by a player 10 to 15 cms taller than him.
That works well.:rolleyes:

Remember last year he had it on his back to start with and you saw him just pulling away from everyone, them he moved it rounds to the front as he started to catch the group again, and they cut out the middle few minutes
Can't say I do remember that.

That makes more sense than I am today, that's for sure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back