News 2015 preseason training news and updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Put bluntly, right now I'm confident that Hawkins is a good key forward, Selwood is a good midfielder, and Taylor is a good key defender. Every other thing as far as I'm concerned is unproven.

Lonergan is a good key defender too...
But I assume you are talking about the less experienced players.

he's as quick as Murdoch.
Whether he'll be good in taking the marks on the lead at top pace is another story.

Vardy is another who is super agile similarly to Mitch Clark.
I reckon Kersten will be our go-to guy around the 50 though as he's fast and very, very strong overhead.
Looking more like Lardy than Vardy right now some work to do there.

“I was pretty interested in the role (Geelong offered) when I was looking for a new home — that would be a bit up forward and maybe in the ruck here and there, I’m not too sure, but hopefully I can work with big Tomahawk and create a few headaches.”

Not sure if he means for us or the opposition, but I'll be packing the Panadine just in case.

Not sure if he means for us or the opposition, but I'll be packing the Panadine just in case.
2011 we weren't a bad side:D and Clark was still at the Lions when he and Johno Brown teamed up to give us a few head aches fortunately for us he and JB collided in the 3rd quarter sending Brown off to hospital and leaving Clark a little worse for wear.Give me that Mitch Clark please.

Put him hth against my boy, Ben Cavarra?
I don't know much about Ben. He was overlooked in last year's draft, yeah? A lot of the "experts" are saying that being overlooked is a distinct possibility for Caleb this year, and that even being rookie selected shouldn't be considered a bad thing per se. Other than his height, he's considered a top 20 prospect on talent alone. I've seen him mix it with the big boys all year in the SANFL seniors' side, so if we drafted him, he'd slot into our VFL side and play an integral role.

I just saw this which was tweeted by the club yesterday:

Does anyone know much about Josh, Cam's younger brother - I read he played for Calder Cannons this year; so he is being considered for our VFL side or is the club maybe trying to get a better look at him prior to the draft or rookie draft to see if he is worth a punt?

Clark has some of the most random tats I've ever seen. I mean he has a wolf just above his knee. He'll probably come out in round 1 next season with as much ink as Dane Swan, but if he plays like he did at his best with Melbourne he can get his face tatted for all I care.

Clark has some of the most random tats I've ever seen. I mean he has a wolf just above his knee. He'll probably come out in round 1 next season with as much ink as Dane Swan, but if he plays like he did at his best with Melbourne he can get his face tatted for all I care.
He does have part of his faced tatted.... Watch the videos on him interviewed, the one on the AFL site shows a random cross between his sideburn and ear

It's all I could notice once I saw it

That's just a high, neck/head tat. I'm talking about a Mike Tyson like face tat.
Plenty of time left until the season starts ;)

He strikes me as the sort of guy that will walk into a tattoo parlour, have a flick through some of their magazines/books and go "yep, that wolf looks pretty sick, lets get that one". Absolutely no rhyme or reason behind any of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They could always kick it to Stokesy when he is manned up by a player 10 to 15 cms taller than him.
That works well.:rolleyes:
Or Motlop, a la the first half of the semi final.

Or Motlop, a la the first half of the semi final.
The way we do kick the ball to our forwards we may as well just load it with short people. Easier for them to pick the ball up off their ankles than the big boys

He strikes me as the sort of guy that will walk into a tattoo parlour, have a flick through some of their magazines/books and go "yep, that wolf looks pretty sick, lets get that one". Absolutely no rhyme or reason behind any of them.
Isnt that everyone these days?

I wish I was that spontaneous. If I were to get a tat I'd meticulously plan it for six months and still probably not get it lol.

Didn't know where to post this.... After Walker signed with Crows, looks like we have sprung into action with Hawkins, which would keep him out of Free Agency next year.

GEELONG has started contract negotiations for free agent Tom Hawkins on a deal that will see him paid significantly less than second-year Dogs forward Tom Boyd

And of course the part about Danger you'll all probably like as well...

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...om-boyd-contract/story-fni5f6yf-1227128785830

I wish I was that spontaneous. If I were to get a tat I'd meticulously plan it for six months and still probably not get it lol.

Lol I'm doing that as we speak, researching, planning, cross checking things

And nothing will probably come of it

Does Jon Ralph know Hawkins played in 2 flags only?

Of course not. He works for the Hun.
Of course, if you weren't sure, you'd just go with your gut - right?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back