2015 Trade/FA Discussion (cont. in Pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had enough! If we don't trade Rich, and Redden for top 20 picks I'm going to get mad. How long are those blokes allowed to be on our list for? Rich is useless... he peaked after 5 AFL games FFS. He isn't an AFL player and is soft... Doesn't have an AFL brain and lacks work rate to cover for that weakness. Could stil lget us a top 20 pick. Redden is another.... his only strength is that he a decent tackler... FFs he is useless at getting the ball first.

Just heard from an insider that Podsiadly is considering Brisbane Lions offer for 2016 for a one year contract to boost his super.

I've had enough! If we don't trade Rich, and Redden for top 20 picks I'm going to get mad. How long are those blokes allowed to be on our list for? Rich is useless... he peaked after 5 AFL games FFS. He isn't an AFL player and is soft... Doesn't have an AFL brain and lacks work rate to cover for that weakness. Could stil lget us a top 20 pick. Redden is another.... his only strength is that he a decent tackler... FFs he is useless at getting the ball first.
Redden isn't worth a top 20 pick. Rich might. Doubt we would trade Redden as he is Rockliff's BFF

Just heard from an insider that Podsiadly is considering Brisbane Lions offer for 2016 for a one year contract to boost his super.
Funny. I've heard something similiar but thought it was BS earlier in the year. Wouldn't be totally against the idea if we don't land Walker and Dixon. Has been playing well in the SANFL from my sources.

SizeMatters 2016 Wishlist for the betterment of the Brisbane Lions

1. KPF... actually woudln't be against bringing in Dixon, Walker and Posidadly all in the one off season.
2. Inside ball winner.... our team is pathetic in this department. Rocky the only one I have confidence of getting to the ball first, and extracting it out of a pack to our team mates effectively.
3. KPD... Clarke got towelled up by a spud in Walker. He seems to have regressed a lot this season. Gardiner is injured all the time as well.
4. Ruck... Martin contrinually in out top 3 players each week. With news he is leaving we have to find someone to fill the void. Zac Smith come on down!
5. Outside runners... will be the final piece of the puzzle. No point in having them if we lose the contested ball time and time again. Wouldn't be against bringin in Bennell if he is cheap. Bennell will be a Brownlow medallist one day.

1. KPF... actually woudln't be against bringing in Dixon, Walker and Posidadly all in the one off season.
2. Inside ball winner.... our team is pathetic in this department. Rocky the only one I have confidence of getting to the ball first, and extracting it out of a pack to our team mates effectively.
3. KPD... Clarke got towelled up by a spud in Walker. He seems to have regressed a lot this season. Gardiner is injured all the time as well.
4. Ruck... Martin contrinually in out top 3 players each week. With news he is leaving we have to find someone to fill the void. Zac Smith come on down!
5. Outside runners... will be the final piece of the puzzle. No point in having them if we lose the contested ball time and time again. Wouldn't be against bringin in Bennell if he is cheap. Bennell will be a Brownlow medallist one day.
Gardiner's had some injuries... this season. Huge concern! Was Clarke playing on Walker or Kersten? Walker is a spud, but we should get him anyway? Has there been news that Martin is leaving? I thought it was a rumour.
I'm confused.

Get Charlie Dixon and Tippett*

* If Tippett comes cheaply, 350k salary + late 2nd round at best.

Someone said towards the start of the year, when we win he looks great and when we lose he looks like the worst out there. In that win we had against Port at the start of the year, Rich was probably our best player. In this way he reminds me of Des Headland from the Premiership years. Good receiver, good with his footy in the hands, can't get the hard ball himself though. Happy to keep him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hate to say it because he was one of my favourite players but I'd be happy to put Rich up for trade. Rich for Dixon? Fair unfair?

Hate to say it because he was one of my favourite players but I'd be happy to put Rich up for trade. Rich for Dixon? Fair unfair?

Prepared to be shot down in flames. But on current form id do that. Maybe a good thing I'm not the list manager though. :p

Prepared to be shot down in flames. But on current form id do that. Maybe a good thing I'm not the list manager though. :p
Hard thing to say because when his on his elite but how many times do we need to make excuses for him. If its injury that's causing his form drop he shouldn't be playing again till the problem is fixed.

I am frustrated as others in regards to the our season and our players and it might sound easy to say drop a player until they get it together but there's literally no-one else to step up. It's more or less saying that some players worst is better than others best.

whats going to happen with all the josh's that we drafted last year? Watts, clayton ect.... If they cant contribute when we have such horrific injury toll why are they on our senior list and can we look at rectifying that at seasons end?

whats going to happen with all the josh's that we drafted last year? Watts, clayton ect.... If they cant contribute when we have such horrific injury toll why are they on our senior list and can we look at rectifying that at seasons end?

We get rid of them so we can use more late draft picks?

I've said before we should have kept 2 that we delisted instead of using 4 picks at the very end of the draft but we can't really fix that this year.

Watch him regain his form at the new club.

They like most clubs would realise he is constantly exposed in the back-half & needs to be played within the midfield rotation. When is enough enough?

Um........?

I am a little surprised we got Clayton, didn't think he was that good. Nothing has really changed either when he is in the reserves.

We get rid of them so we can use more late draft picks?

I've said before we should have kept 2 that we delisted instead of using 4 picks at the very end of the draft but we can't really fix that this year.
Agreed went way too deep in the draft last year and now we are stuck with what I class as maybe 2 or 3 rookie types on our senior list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back