2015 Trade/FA Discussion (cont. in Pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nothing comment. He's no Kernahan but he is the best contested mark in the game...not totally useless if you are elite at something.
I think Howe has proven being a one-trick pony doesn't count for much.

Now if Casboult could sort out his kicking...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He should be able to build on that with a good midfield pumping it down to him as well.

Really really hope the Casaboult rumours are true but I can't see why Carlton would trade him.

Really really hope the Casaboult rumours are true but I can't see why Carlton would trade him.
I hope they're true too, but I agree, I have no idea why they'd trade him. Unless they've got a long term plan for a rebuild ala Saints, rather than a quick turnaround, in which case they're looking for a complete youth policy and think that Levi will ask for a trade/leave via free agency before Carlton are in the finals.

Trading Casboult for a high pick now may be worth their while, but I'm not sure if the Lions will have anything worth while to trade for both him and Bell.

Fingers crossed though!

I hope they're true too, but I agree, I have no idea why they'd trade him. Unless they've got a long term plan for a rebuild ala Saints, rather than a quick turnaround, in which case they're looking for a complete youth policy and think that Levi will ask for a trade/leave via free agency before Carlton are in the finals.

Trading Casboult for a high pick now may be worth their while, but I'm not sure if the Lions will have anything worth while to trade for both him and Bell.

Fingers crossed though!
carlton plan? trade casboult to us then take schache at pick 1 leaving us with weitering. wouldnt mind that weitering far and away best player in this draft.

carlton plan? trade casboult to us then take schache at pick 1 leaving us with weitering. wouldnt mind that weitering far and away best player in this draft.
Perhaps, which would suck. But the Lions are in a fantastic position in that they'll get a 12 year player who will dominate their position. But yeah, you're right in saying Weitering is the best player in the draft. Surely Carlton would be stupid to turn that down... unless they're getting rid of Casboult to get Schache instead :cry:

wasn't Roughead a key defender in his junior years and drafted as one?

Think he had played a bit of both so there was debate about where his best football would be played at AFL but pretty sure he was still kicking bags up forward at TAC cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back