List Mgmt. 2016 Trade and Free Agency Targets Part 1

Who do you hope we target?

• Daniel Rich - Brisbane Lions (Free Agent)

Votes: 21 7.5%
  • Jaeger O'Meara - Gold Coast Suns (Trade)

Votes: 112 40.1%
  • Dion Prestia - Gold Coast Suns (Trade)

Votes: 53 19.0%
  • Tom Lynch - Gold Coast Suns(Trade)

Votes: 24 8.6%
  • Ollie Wines - Port (Trade)

Votes: 55 19.7%
  • Other

Votes: 65 23.3%
  • Peter Wright - Gold Coast Suns (Trade)

Votes: 23 8.2%
  • Tom Rockliff

Votes: 15 5.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul Ahern from GWS has ruptured his ACL.

Shocking news for him

Saints definitely spoke to Kelly's management and GWS last trade period. While there may have been a very small chance early the young fella decided to stick it out before anything serious got spoken about.
Kelly wasn't the only young gun mid from up north that we enquired about, there's another two that are actually out of contract this season.
I'd be thinking our dream this post season would be a quality mid as a FA and trade in a young gun mid.
If Sidebottom signs on at Collingwood (which I think he does) then I don't know who else we'd look at in FA. We won't buy just for sake of it though. If we have money left over again this post season we just adjust a few contracts to more front loaded to help us out even further in 17/18.
For those that will be attending this Friday night, if Blake Acres plays watch him very closely. He's one who I'm really hoping is rewarded for an amazing pre season with good form early.

i did up a spreadsheet of all the OOC players... i'll chuck it up later tonight. still have another 100 players to work through in terms of who we should target and their fit

I get major bad vibes from Sam Petrovski-Seton.
  • Dominated on sheer talent for several years; does he understand hard work? Perhaps. I doubt he has fully grasped this concept, at least.
  • Raised in a sketchy community; whilst it hasn't doomed him, there's basic undeniable effects that poor upbringing has on long-term human psychology.
  • Directly addressed the topic of moving out of home; if something is truly a non-issue, you simply do not talk about it (or do so only briefly to dismiss it). Proactively saying that something will not be a problem is effectively admitting, on a subconscious level, that it is something to be concerned about.
  • That goddamn rat tail haircut; this is mostly a "tongue in cheek" gripe, but when have you ever seen someone with a good head on their shoulders, have this on aforementioned head? What I'm saying is that a sensible person knows that this will draw harsh immediate judgements of character from others, and will cause stigmatic perceptions, hence would not do it, even if they like it. Indicates a lack of thorough thought processes, for mine, even from a 16 year old. There is a slight chance that an individual who is aware of this concept may do it anyway, as some kind of "up yours", but this is probably worse, from the perspective of an employer looking for someone in a team environment.
Even if he lasts to our pick; no thanks.

i'm seriously not sure if you're trolling or not...

Weller wants to be a Docker for life, per afl.com.au...

I reckon there'll be some exciting outside talent from GWS that we can get a lot cheaper, e.g. Bruce.

If WHE struggles to crack the GWS 22 this year, is he likely to come home? Could he be a part of our best 22 moving forwards?

I reckon there'll be some exciting outside talent from GWS that we can get a lot cheaper, e.g. Bruce.

If WHE struggles to crack the GWS 22 this year, is he likely to come home? Could he be a part of our best 22 moving forwards?
We'll see how he feels after another year or two under Ross. Or is Ross due to jump ship by now?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get major bad vibes from Sam Petrovski-Seton.
  • Dominated on sheer talent for several years; does he understand hard work? Perhaps. I doubt he has fully grasped this concept, at least.
  • Raised in a sketchy community; whilst it hasn't doomed him, there's basic undeniable effects that poor upbringing has on long-term human psychology.
  • Directly addressed the topic of moving out of home; if something is truly a non-issue, you simply do not talk about it (or do so only briefly to dismiss it). Proactively saying that something will not be a problem is effectively admitting, on a subconscious level, that it is something to be concerned about.
  • That goddamn rat tail haircut; this is mostly a "tongue in cheek" gripe, but when have you ever seen someone with a good head on their shoulders, have this on aforementioned head? What I'm saying is that a sensible person knows that this will draw harsh immediate judgements of character from others, and will cause stigmatic perceptions, hence would not do it, even if they like it. Indicates a lack of thorough thought processes, for mine, even from a 16 year old. There is a slight chance that an individual who is aware of this concept may do it anyway, as some kind of "up yours", but this is probably worse, from the perspective of an employer looking for someone in a team environment.
Even if he lasts to our pick; no thanks.
So is this a joke or..?

A lot of assumptions going on here, as well as stereotyping.

So a year ago he wants to be a one club player, 3 months ago he considered a move to us if McCarthy trade happened - now he is a Docker for life.

Not trying to be critical of a 19 year old kid, but thats a rollercoaster.

Great story involving Meatball on Ch 9 News last week. He's taken part in a VIS trial of a drug-free exercise regime (paying attention Essendon?) to fix tendon pain. Hes suffered from it for the last couple of years
He spoke very highly of the program and said he's pain-free for the first time in ages. His time might be now :)

anyone else see this story?

.... maybe (who really knows) .... but the Ghost certainly doesn't think Wrighty will make it unless his kicking and defensive work improves (which was what gringo2011 was getting at).

why did we pick him, knowing he has was a poor kick?

I think you will find that the Weller contract was just good business by both Fremantle and Weller's management.

Fremantle know St Kilda like him and he likes St Kilda. They are super keen on McCarthy and know that St Kilda will have a low draft picks in the next few years which could potentially form part of a 3 way trade. A contracted player, and a healthy one at that for his age/games played, is worth a lot more than an uncontracted one.

As for Weller he either gets to go to St Kilda or gets to stay at Fremantle on a decent contract.

I think you will find that the Weller contract was just good business by both Fremantle and Weller's management.

Fremantle know St Kilda like him and he likes St Kilda. They are super keen on McCarthy and know that St Kilda will have a low draft picks in the next few years which could potentially form part of a 3 way trade. A contracted player, and a healthy one at that for his age/games played, is worth a lot more than an uncontracted one.

As for Weller he either gets to go to St Kilda or gets to stay at Fremantle on a decent contract.
Thanks Mr Weller's manager ;)

why did we pick him, knowing he has was a poor kick?
Because he's awesome at plenty else, and they thought his kicking problem could be easily fixed with a few tweaks. Turns out they were wrong, but hey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back