2023 AFL Draft General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone wants a good laugh, Knightmare's put out a draft power rankings video despite having not watched any junior footy this year. Casey Voss returns.

Yes I got that impression too. He kept mentioning things that suggested he had not seen a good portion of the players play this year and was only going by memories of them last year plus a few stats he has looked up of their 2023 seasons.

Yes I got that impression too. He kept mentioning things that suggested he had not seen a good portion of the players play this year and was only going by memories of them last year plus a few stats he has looked up of their 2023 seasons.

You mean every single year?

The bloke barely watched any footy. Was caught out multiple times, but he had his fair share of worshipers on here.

I always felt like I knew more about the draft after reading his analsyses
Genuine question, do you watch any U18s?
My gripe with with draft analysis I'd that it's really easy to just fake it because most people don't actually watch any/ stuff that isn't champs, and I assume everyone that doesn't would have this thought reading anything draft related

Twomey has McKercher higher than Walter?
Yeah regardless if he rates McKercher higher, since North have picks 2 and 3, there is no reason for them not to bid on Walter at 2. Since GC traded down for bid matching they have no choice now but to take Walter where ever he is, even if he is pick 1.

Last edited:
Yeah regardless if he rates McKercher higher, since North have picks 2 and 3, there is no reason for them not to bid on Walter at 2. Since GC traded down for bid matching they have no choice now but to take Walter where ever he is, even if he is pick 1.
Trying to decide if I want Walter or McKercher in my fantasy keeper league as I already have Cadman, Amiss, Larkey 😆

Speaking from experience, I would suggest there is a possible food allergy or more likely sensitivity. If he is “loading” for games with pasta and the like which is a norm for many, then celiac or a gluten related intolerance would be likely. I am not a full blown celiac by definition, but do have intolerances to gluten along with more significant reactions to sulphites and MSG.

While young, active and to a degree burning off “toxins”, intolerances can be some what hidden.

My knock on Delean is defensive work rate. If he is actually hampered by issue alluded to above, his overall output could be compromised.

Speaking from experience, I would suggest there is a possible food allergy or more likely sensitivity. If he is “loading” for games with pasta and the like which is a norm for many, then celiac or a gluten related intolerance would be likely. I am not a full blown celiac by definition, but do have intolerances to gluten along with more significant reactions to sulphites and MSG.

While young, active and to a degree burning off “toxins”, intolerances can be some what hidden.

My knock on Delean is defensive work rate. If he is actually hampered by issue alluded to above, his overall output could be compromised.
I'm not sure how your post relates to the article I linked?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure how your post relates to the article I linked?
Huh. Cramping. It is a classic symptom of food allergies. The article suggest Delean has a mystery cramping ailment which only surfaces on game day.

Oh wait, I clicked a further link off what you offered. Sorry mate.

Very interesting though

does anyone know if they have a clip of Sam Mcclure saying 'WCE won't take Harley Reid' with a smug smile on his face. I hated his smugness at the time and I'd love to find it. I'm not sure where he said it but it wasn't not the radio, it was on a show he was hosting.
Thunk it was during trade week

We’d be stupid not to

He’s easily a top 2 player in the draft
Oh I agree, you should have him at 2 on your board, behind Reid. As I said it was mentioned on our board by someone who said they had spoken to one of your recruiters.

There was a poster on our board who suggested North wouldn’t bid on Walter at all, so perhaps Twomey has heard similar?
That would be as stupid as Niick Daicos falling to pick 4.
Walter is clearly the 2nd best prospect in the draft (if he was in the open draft, maybe even the best going by some recruiters)

As this thread draws to a close, it's been a fun ride riding the peaks and troughs of a typical draft crop chatter.

Unlike 2022, we didn't see as many names fall off the radar in 2023.

Perhaps 2022 weakened.
Perhaps 2023 wasn't all that star studded and that it was a pretty blanket year for 50 or so prospects.

From reading about these names in 2021 to now, we've basically followed each prospect's playing life from 15 or 16 years old to 18 years old and waiting for names to be read out.

I doubt, when this thread was created, folks here would've heard of James Leake, Charlie Edwards, Angus Hastie or Zane Zakostelsky.

See you all in the relevant draft threads and I look forward to the draft coverage tomorrow night and Tuesday night.

Merry Christmas draft fans.

does anyone know if they have a clip of Sam Mcclure saying 'WCE won't take Harley Reid' with a smug smile on his face. I hated his smugness at the time and I'd love to find it. I'm not sure where he said it but it wasn't not the radio, it was on a show he was hosting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back