List Mgmt. 2023 Draft Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

I know we lucked out on the free agency front.

But credit to SOS & Gubby.

We just brought in 5 kids + Dow + Henry and have a full suite of picks next year

The only best 22 players we lost was Gresh - who had a massively underwhelming year and Another year ruined by injury for Billings and Coffield.

I know we lucked out on the free agency front.

But credit to SOS & Gubby.

We just brought in 5 kids + Dow + Henry and have a full suite of picks next year

The only best 22 players we lost was Gresh - who had a massively underwhelming year and Another year ruined by injury for Billings and Coffield.

they've done very well. 1 pick off edwards as well.

very good draft.

Their talent identification seems to have improved massively. They were right on the bolter

helps when your list boss actually has an understanding of the industry and doesn't treat it like glorified super coach.

What does everyone think of our haul (from both nights)
Who will play round 1 next year?
Which players give a point of difference from what have on the list?

given the draft was a bit meh in quality IMO i'm very happy with the result. they've done well.

time will tell though.

I don’t really think we can ever say we have nailed a draft until we’ve seen them at afl level

No doubt we all thought we’d nailed the drafts in 2013 and 14

Countless other picks have been hailed as steals only to amount to nothing

Let’s see how it plays out
Yep there are 18 fan bases absolutely stoked tonight

End of first round/start of second round rated player gets picked at the end of the 5th round, wowzers that’s a Beach House level slide.
SXgqxt4.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beyond buying alcohol for younger teams mates and encouraging them to drink I'm not sure what he's done.

Can anyone confirm it?
and there's the thing. NO-ONE can confirm it, but because it looked very unlikely to be taken by us, the rumours and allegations were happily thrown around anyway. Now that hes a Saint, people suddenly have a conscience..

Yep there are 18 fan bases absolutely stoked tonight
You can look at it subjectively though.

No one thinks we got the best talents.

But with where we picked, on paper it looks like we took 4 kids who all projected higher then the pick we took them in. The 5th, Garcia is from the heavens. But you always like it when clubs do the work.

We also have a full hand of picks next year.

You can’t be unhappy with the outcome.

You can look at it subjectively though.

No one thinks we got the best talents.

But with where we picked, on paper it looks like we took 4 kids who all projected higher then the pick we took them in. The 5th, Garcia is from the heavens. But you always like it when clubs do the work.

We also have a full hand of picks next year.

You can’t be unhappy with the outcome.
Oh I’m pretty happy too. CANNOT wait to get down to training. But we just don’t know yet.

Training this coming Monday? Will that just be a time trial?

And if it is, what then? Genuinely curious.
just a bit of a bummer. he's still a saint and if he plays well he plays well. maybe he'll win me over but it would be the opposite of starting off enamoured with a super likeable player like Mitchito just coming in being so talented and enthusiastic and hardworking. Owens has started off on the right foot and he'd have to seriously **** up to make me disappointed he could obviously do it but this would just be the opposite.

I'm not in the sack him instantly if its true camp but I wouldn't have to like him. I'm also not into instantly going rose coloured on player once they put on the saints colours.

End of first round/start of second round rated player gets picked at the end of the 5th round, wowzers that’s a Beach House level slide.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
As I mentioned before, I can’t recall a draftee sliding on this level. Potentially going at 20 and getting picked up at 62. A few clubs chose to pass right before his pick too. In my opinion, you do that draft selection every time at pick 62. I can’t imagine Ross tolerating anything but professional conduct so I’m confident the professional environment will help. Just like it will help all of our other draftees.

Once again, we don’t know the facts or all the facts. I’m happy to reserve judgement until I see some evidence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back