List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting to think our ultimate outcome would be cutting any of Howard/Billings/Clark/Paton/Gresham (they won't all go) and bundling a mountain of 2nd/3rd Round picks to GCS for their Pick 4.

Go to the Draft with Pick 4 and our Pick 14ish.

Pay way way overs in points (which are irrelevant to us this year) and make it happen SOS.

Dow for peanuts. Henry for a Future pick.

On Pixel 6a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Starting to think our ultimate outcome would be cutting any of Howard/Billings/Clark/Paton/Gresham (they won't all go) and bundling a mountain of 2nd/3rd Round picks to GCS for their Pick 4.

Go to the Draft with Pick 4 and our Pick 14ish.

Pay way way overs in points (which are irrelevant to us this year) and make it happen SOS.

Dow for peanuts. Henry for a Future pick.

On Pixel 6a using BigFooty.com mobile app
Looks good but there's no way GC will be trading out their pick now. Or, I'd be extremely surprised at least.

Archie Perkins looking for a new team according to Twittersphere. Anybody?
Not to spread hearsay…….. Colossal figjam w***er, bit of a questionable character I’ve heard but that’s not unusual for footy players. He does have some nasty rumours from his past floating around though.

Haven’t seen the consistent star ability to really warrant the w***ery tbh, fits in perfectly at the bombers when you think about it.

Last edited:
We'd be better off with Paton than the 4th rounder he would bring in.

He just needs put back to defence and focus on improving his defensive work instead of this wing/midfield experiment that's happening.
Maybe so but it depends what Ross wants from his player's. Pato's best was as a pure shutdown player but that might not be enough these days.
I like him personally, it's just obvious he's on the outer.

I love when comments make a player out to be the worst, most uncoordinated player going round then expect another club to want them and give up something decent for them.
Howard for cap room would be a win for us

The boss said from day 1 that it’s a year of exploration, meaning he’ll analyse the list at seasons end, then decide who is good enough to be a part of future success.
Just because the likes of Gresham, Howard, Clark, Coffield etc.have been mentioned as potential outs, doesn’t mean it’ll happen.
The return has to be worth while, as all those guys are potentially good enough to be on our list!
Part of SOS’s role will be to work out the players currently on inflated salary…some may crack the sh**s & want out!!
This is really what will determine who stays and who goes, with a few out of contract coming off fat deals keeping them all happy without compromising our cap moving forward is where the real work is.

One of the Adelaide posters recons he's s**t. Said we'd be better off with Matt Crouch. Reckons he won't make it at AFL level. Not massive production for state leagues.
He was a big advanced kid who’s also had the sort of injury problems that kill production, too risky with a low ceiling for mine.

He was meant to be a runner but never shown it in games yet. He seemed more a kicking distributor with neat kicking skills and a good mark.
He’s very quick but doesn’t play that way, testing means little without the eye test. Interestingly he was just ahead of Paton over 20 at the combine, his pace helped him on guys like Cameron. I’d be very disappointed if we don’t give him another year to get back to his best.

He was a big advanced kid who’s also had the sort of injury problems that kill production, too risky with a low ceiling for mine.
What’s your wish list this trade/draft Y?

Toce has proven to be reasonably good over the last couple of years so I’m happy with his ability. SOS and Gubby, less so. Those two need to justify themselves before they have my support.

I’d just be as happy to maximise our draft position and then take best available at our pick (talent, need). Then see what’s available elsewhere.

Boring, but not necessarily the wrong strategy.

This wouldn’t be too bad

INs
  • Matt Crouch - Mid (free) 450k
  • Patty Dow - Mid (3rd round) 350k
  • Liam Henry - Small forward / Wing (2nd round) 500k
  • If possible - Another young quality mid via trade or free agency (600k)

OUTs
  • Howard (2nd round) 650k
  • Gresham (2nd round) 700k
  • Clark (2nd round) 600k
  • Billings (3rd round) 500k

Net Ins
  • Two 2nd round picks
  • $600k salary cap
Not sure that improves us to be honest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On Flanders, it seems strange that he'd sign a 4 year deal. Would be way more common to add 2 for a player in his position. I'm a little suss on the 4 year deal aspect.

The club has definitely changed its tune on Gresh over the past few weeks. Gone from we dont mind losing him to hoping he stays. Feels like he will re-sign to me.

Clark is an interesting one. Will he make the 22/23 next week if Ross comes back in? So much potential but right now he's still a fringe player for us. I hope he stays and gets there but by the same token he wouldn't be a big loss.

Quite happy to have Cordy playing down back next year with some room for JVE and Adams as potential ins when form warrants it.
If Howard has value we’ll need the collateral.

There is no right or wrong way. Diversifying talent pathways is how Geelong got around bottoming out for years. You need to do well at what ever one you choose. Wasting places on guys that don't make it ties up money, spots and resources for years. You can't afford to waste too many. Toce seems to use his spots very wisely. The later guys are still very high potential.
Still not enough data for mine, but I am hopeful atm.
Not that we didn't try to stuff things up, but the market saved us from our own stupidity (North's 2nd+3rd would be nice right now though).
Last year things fell our way for one reason or another, so I'm hinging judgment on this year's outcome because IMHO last year's draftees all basically picked themselves by that point. If it happens again the odds shift away from being dumb luck.

Port are the opposite, they sell average talent high and tend to draft well to replace them. For what ever reason Port are good at identifying players who have peaked and aren't likely to get any better and make a call early. They would have sold a guy like Hunter Clark while he was still worth a decent pick. We have been living in such a poverty cycle that we are scared of the fan backlash when we trade out. I guess Port have earned trust.
Two words....Jason Cripps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back