A successful Australian in the WWE?

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, Kane was born in Spain and held the WHC in 2010, but I assume he was in America at a fairly young age so I don't think you'd count him

Nah I'm talking about a Wrestler who was born raised and wrestled in a country outside the American region! :)

Also Who was the last WWE/World Champ outside the American region (USA, Mexico, Canada) besides Sheamus? Khali back in 07??

The Rock is technically part Samoan :p
Kane was born in Spain
Yokozuna perhaps?

I Just had a look at the list of former WWE/World Champions:

Heavyweight championship - Great Khali only non-American to hold the title in WWE!
WWE Championship - Last Non-American to win the WWE besides Sheamus was Andre the Giant in the late 80s. So really WWE don't rate foreigners highly in their company.

Whilst Yokozuna and Rock are Samoan, they were born and raised in the US.

After that you are looking back ever further to Andre the Giant, Bruno Sammartino, Pedro Morales

I was going to say Ivan Koloff but turns out he's from Canada :eek:

After that you are looking back ever further to Andre the Giant, Bruno Sammartino, Pedro Morales

I was going to say Ivan Koloff but turns out he's from Canada :eek:

I know, it's crazy how many non-Americans were WWE champions in the 60s,70s and 80s.
I really would like to see an Aussie WWE Champion in the future but I really really doubt it unless that wrestler is really good!

He wasn't in the match. He interfered in the match. It was also one of the worse matches of the show.

It was originally scheduled as a tag team match until Jones was attacked before the show. Mid way through the match he came in and completed the match. Yes it was a bad match but he still was involved in a match with the Undertaker. He was a big man and Vince likes big men so I think he would have had a successful career in WWE.

It's not a small thing. But the Undertaker's been around 23 years. You can fill buses with guys he's done storylines with who never went near the main event.

Nathan Jones was a pretty crap wrestler. Yet some Australians mention his fleeting WrestleMania moment like proof he was on the verge of being a Batista.

It's not a small thing. But the Undertaker's been around 23 years. You can fill buses with guys he's done storylines with who never went near the main event.

Natahan Jones was a pretty crap wrestler yet some Australians mention his fleeting WrestleMania moment like he was on the verge of being a Batista...

He was a crap wrestler but so is Cena. Let's face it you don't have to be the best wrestler to make it in the WWE. If that was the case then Cesaro would have been multiple WWE champ by now! Who knows really how big he could have been if he never left. He did get his own video promos hyping his debut, so that could be an indication on how highly they felt about him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And if anyone says "The Great Khali" you can get ******, it doesn't mean Jones was going anywhere before he pulled the pin!

Jones could have been something, he might have not been anything. Non wrestling fans have no idea of how unpredictable WWE can be. One minute you could be WWE Champion, the next you could be jobbing on Superstars (MIZ).

I know, it's crazy how many non-Americans were WWE champions in the 60s,70s and 80s.
I really would like to see an Aussie WWE Champion in the future but I really really doubt it unless that wrestler is really good!

would have to be a very likable character/persona in and out of the ring to get over with the American crowd... like a Bret Hart or Chris Jericho (using Canadian examples)

in mean time, i'm waiting for WWE to do TV tapings in Oz... after 10 years of house shows, it's time to show this small yet passionate market some respect

It was originally scheduled as a tag team match until Jones was attacked before the show. Mid way through the match he came in and completed the match. Yes it was a bad match but he still was involved in a match with the Undertaker. He was a big man and Vince likes big men so I think he would have had a successful career in WWE.

Jones got 'attacked' before the match to get him out of it because the WWE were that concerned about his skills and pulled him from it.

About Cometti's son, he was closely looked at by WWE back in 2010 but they didn't sign him. I remember it was on the news back in 2010. From what what I have seen of him. he's pretty good on the mic but I haven't seen him wrestle.

Please. The notion Cena is a crap wrestler is ridiculous in the first place, but regardless of what one thinks of Cena theres no way any sane person could possibly compare him to Jones who was on a level of atrocious not very often seen.

There's no doubt that Cena is a hard worker but he has a really limited wrestling ability. It feels like I'm watching the same match every time he wrestles. He could have really good matches (vs Punk and Bryan) but most of the time his matches are boring (well to me anyways)

Has anyone attended local wrestling??
I've only been to 1 local wrestling event. it was 'EPW Adelaide' and it was ok. I got front row tickets for $30. It was really sloppy at times, there were quite a few botches but I did enjoy the mainevent which was a called a 'EPW Death match' It was pretty much a hardcore match and they did use a lot of unique weapons such as, Stop sign, Chairs, ladders, kendo stick and also a flaming table. They fought in the crowd, on the ramp, outside the ring and also in the ring.

I've attended several RCW events in Mount Gambler and Adelaide. They've always been pretty enjoyable. Last I watched they had a fair few pretty good characters and most matches I've seen have been fairly good too. I do plan on going and seeing more events if I get the time

So Matt Silva's character (forgot his new name) will have multiple personality disorder and recently had a promo leaked online. The promor has been pulled off the internet, but if anyone can find it I'd be interested in seeing it. Anyway, here's what he said:
"See that guy walks through the door, he's upstairs, doesn't have a smile on his face, that's me too. The guy that sits in the locker room and stares at holes down the wall, and you're wondering what he's thinking, if he's going to go home and murder my kids, that's me too [laughs heard in the background].
But, this is what you want. This is what you want. Well just remember this; you might get what you want, but you don't always get who you want."
Controversial because of Benoit I assume.

So Matt Silva's character (forgot his new name) will have multiple personality disorder and recently had a promo leaked online. The promor has been pulled off the internet, but if anyone can find it I'd be interested in seeing it. Anyway, here's what he said:

Controversial because of Benoit I assume.

Sounds like an interesting character! :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back