Traded Adam Cooney to Essendon for pick 37

Remove this Banner Ad

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Things just keep getting more bizzare.. Not sure if this is such a good thing for North and for the Bulldogs either. Don't know what to make of it all to be honest.

Interesting to see what transpires now there have been changes at Whitten Oval. Apparently Doggies were happy to get rid of and even pay a portion of the contract for a pick in the 50-60 range. Not so sure now.

Are North planning to inject any youth in their side? They don't need more blokes they have got enough through FA
We will take minimum 3 picks into the draft, like we have over the last 6 years and will likely have more than half the list at 24 or under after the draft. We'll be alright.

We will take minimum 3 picks into the draft, like we have over the last 6 years and will likely have more than half the list at 24 or under after the draft. We'll be alright.

True but taking blokes on their last legs is a MASSIVE risk, especially when we have seen players go downhill very quickly when they reach 30 odd, not everyone is Harvey.

True but taking blokes on their last legs is a MASSIVE risk, especially when we have seen players go downhill very quickly when they reach 30 odd, not everyone is Harvey.
The water at the Roos allow players to extend their careers.

Indeed, but i would guess the expectation is that these older guys (Waite and Cooney) will play sporadically giveing younger guys a taste before they eventually move on in 2-3 years. If the younger players force these guys out then great. Reality is these FA's are replacing the likes of Mitch Wilkins and Tom Curran on our list. Who are they? Exactly. We still take our picks near the top and develop long term replacements.

Are North planning to inject any youth in their side? They don't need more blokes they have got enough through FA

McDonald, Dumont, Brown, Turner and Tippett were recruited last year; McDonald(19), Brown(21) and Turner(18) made the team for the finals.

We will have our 1st, 2nd, 3rd round picks plus whatever we get for Greenwood.

Not enough youth for you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McDonald, Dumont, Brown, Turner and Tippett were recruited last year; McDonald(19), Brown(21) and Turner(18) made the team for the finals.

We will have our 1st, 2nd, 3rd round picks plus whatever we get for Greenwood.

Not enough youth for you?

Kid's are the answer what was the question ... Heaven forbid North actually have a list management strategy that didn't come from talk back radio. It's a win win. He costs nothing

Kid's are the answer what was the question ... Heaven forbid North actually have a list management strategy that didn't come from talk back radio. It's a win win. He costs nothing

Well, we are just looking at him physically to see where his knee is at, he feels it has been pretty good and better than he has felt in a long time, if he doesn't cost much then he would be vastly superior to our worst midfielder in our best 22.

Pressure will be on North early if they aren't top 4.

Delsanto/Waite/Higgins/Cooney - North the new breeding ground for old or injured guys? Surely they'd prefer to play a kid, I would have thought cooney would hamper the development of a youngster.

What type of money would he demand? 300k? I'd risk him at that price 2 year deal option for 3rd.

[QUOtige19, post: 35626174, member: 6213"]Delsanto/Waite/Higgins/Cooney - North the new breeding ground for old or injured guys? Surely they'd prefer to play a kid, I would have thought cooney would hamper the development of a youngster.[/QUOTE]
You cant add Cooney as it is far from confirmed but speaking of old/injured players, that didn't stop you getting Brian Lake among others

1) It will be shown that Cooney no longer has any cartilage in his knees, instead relying on small airbags implanted into the knee joint during his last trip to Bali.
2) North medic talks to Scott and list management panel
3) ?????
4) "The North Melbourne football club would like to announce the signing of former Brownlow medalist Adam Cooney on a four year, 400k/season contract"

SEN keep reporting that he's going to Essendon

Sadly for Cooney he is a few years late so his knee wont improve through the use of TB4 during the "supplement" program ............

You cant add Cooney as it is far from confirmed but speaking of old/injured players, that didn't stop you getting Brian Lake among others

I take your point, but he won a Norm Smith in his first season and has been instrumental in 2 Premierships. Plus he had a history of consistent performances, other than one bad season in 2012.

I'm not sure it's comparable at all to NDS/Waite/Cooney. Waite has never been consistent, Cooney has been a shadow of himself pretty much ever since his Brownlow year. NDS has been good, I'll give you that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back