News Adelaide falling behind in Revenue

Remove this Banner Ad

Rome wasn't built in a day - but it was built.
That's what they're doing..
They're changing perception and making the national media take to them..
It's a deliberate systematic campaign, no doubt at all..

They are becoming the team in SA the national media hear from and know, and therefore the one they feel closer to and go on about..
That also changes future perception in this state if it continues, kids will take to that..

I'd like to know if they (the board) fear this Port Adelaide movement and if they don't, why not.

If they do - what plans they have in place to try and turn this around and slow their momentum and regain that market Share Port have clawed back.

I'd like to know if they (the board) fear this Port Adelaide movement and if they don't, why not.

If they do - what plans they have in place to try and turn this around and slow their momentum and regain that market Share Port have clawed back.
Part of me thinks they don't care. They'll still get theirs regardless of Port, so why bother risking it? It's small fries mentality.

Good article on the Age website about clubs and pokies. We are at a serious disadvantage without them. Yes I know that will offend some but realistically they will always find a venue to gamble in. When we get our own license can we get pokies?

Maybe.

Hopefully the club hasn't given this opportunity away to gain something else.

I fear they may have. I don't have any proof or evidence but just have this feeling.

Seriously I think you've lost the plot a bit.

Kochy has to do all that work for a bit of publicity to a heap of middle aged women who will never support the club and most likely put off younger People any way.

Patrick Dangerfield had a bigger and more relevant media precence in football circles.

We don't need gimmick presidents. We just need to concentrate on recovering from the monumental **** up that was the Tippet saga and then look at Further building or national brand
Cap .....honestly think you're under estimating the situation

TWT ....and lets see the AFC reaction

I can guarantee it's a talking point at board level

Part of me thinks they don't care. They'll still get theirs regardless of Port, so why bother risking it? It's small fries mentality.

Part if me agree with you.

But in a 2 horse race, that's very dangerous to stand still.

Cap .....honestly think you're under estimating the situation

TWT ....and lets see the AFC reaction

I can guarantee it's a talking point at board level
So far I'm happy with their lead up to the showdown, which has been muted.

I look forward to seeing what they pull out for Sydney, that is going to be where we can judge them.

Seriously I think you've lost the plot a bit.

Kochy has to do all that work for a bit of publicity to a heap of middle aged women who will never support the club and most likely put off younger People any way.

Patrick Dangerfield had a bigger and more relevant media precence in football circles.

We don't need gimmick presidents. We just need to concentrate on recovering from the monumental **** up that was the Tippet saga and then look at Further building or national brand

Why is Bickley the voice of our membership ads on the radio?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So far I'm happy with their lead up to the showdown, which has been muted.

I look forward to seeing what they pull out for Sydney, that is going to be where we can judge them.

Cap ...judge them on one game?

How about what Port have been doing consistently for 12 months now ......maybe sitting outside of Sth Aust some of us ex pats can see the bigger picture and the exposure being achieved.

Bit like Kennett and the profile he was able to give Hawthorn ....constantly in the media

and if you think that counts for nothing ......then all companies should give up TV branding campaigns

How about what Port have been doing consistently for 12 months now ......maybe sitting outside of Sth Aust some of us ex pats can see the bigger picture and the exposure being achieved.

Bit like Kennett and the profile he was able to give Hawthorn ....constantly in the media

and if you think that counts for nothing ......then all companies should give up TV branding campaigns
So they are getting media exposure out side of SA where no one who spends money on then lives.

Great work Power!!

Even in SA it can be seen.. Especially if you have Foxtel..
They're all over Port on there, we get a mention every so often that we exist..

If this doesn't go on for a long time, I think it will be no damage done.. But if it continues for a while as it currently is, not good..

So they are getting media exposure out side of SA where no one who spends money on then lives.

Great work Power!!
:confused: Huh ?

How many ex pats do you think live outside of Sth Aust .....do you really think they're not or ought not be membership targets?

The key element though is National sponsorship $$$$ .....companies wanting that national boost that media personalities like McGuire and Koch can deliver
It's been a humongous boom for the Collingwood football club .......why don't you think Koch can't deliver a similar result for Port ?

Even in SA it can be seen.. Especially if you have Foxtel..
They're all over Port on there, we get a mention every so often that we exist..

If this doesn't go on for a long time, I think it will be no damage done.. But if it continues for a while as it currently is, not good..

Don't see why some people can't see the firestorm on the horizon .......is it a case of being in denial ?

:confused: Huh ?

How many ex pats do you think live outside of Sth Aust .....do you really think they're not or ought not be membership targets?

The key element though is National sponsorship $$$$ .....companies wanting that national boost that media personalities like McGuire and Koch can deliver
It's been a humongous boom for the Collingwood football club .......why don't you think Koch can't deliver a similar result for Port ?
because they are a small Club in SA.

Mcguire had a national TV show that was aimed at a football audience not an audience with no interest in AFL.

From what I've seen Koch had come across as a complete dick head.

How long did it take them to find major sponsors ? The 30 seconds it took the Crows?

Don't see why some people can't see the firestorm on the horizon .......is it a case of being in denial ?
I think people are used to Port for how they were.. The AFL and SANFL have fixed a lot of that, though Port supporters love to go on about how they pulled themselves out of the mess :rolleyes:

One thing is for sure, if they have a good period on field it will help Koch and Co.'s cause a lot..
While you still can do it, it's harder to sell the good news story if you're not travelling well on field..

I get the feeling it will settle down and fade to a degree, but that doesn't change the fact that our club need to get up on their damn toes..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back