Preview AFL Round 22 - Geelong v Sydney, Simonds Stadium, 4:40PM Saturday 24 August

Predict the margin

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol. When I went to click on the thread, how did I know that would be the extent of your input?
lol

Excited for this game, it's almost abnormal that a match this late in the season is so meaningful. Win and get a home final (pretty much), lose and it looks like a potential interstate trip. Just got a text from the club also, simply saying reply to the number saying 'sell' and your ticket will be resold. Never has it been so easy, so should be a real test of the capacity of the ground. Hopefully it lives up to expectation!

This game will also be a big indicator with regards to the ruck division and going forward into finals. If there's no West in the last big home and away match against a couple of good rucks, i think there's simply going to be no West in the finals. That being said, i think we'll keep the changes simple, bringing in Chappy, Hawk and West, leaving blitz, Walk and possibly an unlucky murdoch out.

I don't think Chappy deserves a game from what I seen I don't think he has the running power

I've loved him however I think the game may have passed him ill probably be proved wrong

I don't think Chappy deserves a game from what I seen I don't think he has the running power

I've loved him however I think the game may have passed him ill probably be proved wrong

Was very good against Williamstown, was good against Port, especially when we needed him to stand up.

Should be a definite for the Swans

in: Hawkins, Chappy, Poodle
out: Walker, Murdoch, Motlop (managed)

Not worth risking Motlop if he's not 100%, get him set for the last game of the year.

Paul Chapman, ave possessions 2013, 22.6 per game, 6th at the club, .2 away from equal 4th at the club, and probably lately as we've had a few softer games at home would be 4th at the club.
Roughly 26 disposals a game in the twos

I've got no problems with him if he wants to play....please play Chappy!......Are you feeling alright today Catwrangler!

You wouldn't expect him to say much else though would you.

"The Herald Sun spoke to Sydney defender Nick Smith today and he was concerned about the game.

'We're shittin bricks' said Smith, 'Have you seen the size of that Hawkins guy?'

On their premiership chances Smith said "Not a chance buddy. We love to train and stuff, run around with the ball and pick up the chicks - but it's not like we're a match for any of these other teams. After all last year was a fluke."

in: Hawkins, Chappy, Poodle
out: Walker, Murdoch, Motlop (managed)

Not worth risking Motlop if he's not 100%, get him set for the last game of the year.

Bloody good "ins"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Excited for this game, it's almost abnormal that a match this late in the season is so meaningful. Win and get a home final (pretty much), lose and it looks like a potential interstate trip. Just got a text from the club also, simply saying reply to the number saying 'sell' and your ticket will be resold. Never has it been so easy, so should be a real test of the capacity of the ground. Hopefully it lives up to expectation!

This game will also be a big indicator with regards to the ruck division and going forward into finals. If there's no West in the last big home and away match against a couple of good rucks, i think there's simply going to be no West in the finals. That being said, i think we'll keep the changes simple, bringing in Chappy, Hawk and West, leaving blitz, Walk and possibly an unlucky murdoch out.

This will be a huge game to see if we're fair dinkum this year! I'm excited and it's Tuesday ... I'm about Friday excited levels, so I have no idea if I'll be able to speak by Saturday! :)

I've been watching the replay paying particular attention to Murdoch. We'd be crazy if we left him out. Like I thought; he was critical in the first quarter in particular last week. His speed covering and filling the holes probably didn't rack up numbers but he WAS very good. I don't think we can leave Blitz out either - played his best game last week. He's a ruck-rover ... no ... he's both! :)

Its not about the running power , we have plenty of that. Chappy is still a magnificent convertor. In play and setshot. He eats pressure for breakfast. He is a big game player. And with SJ in the midfield we lack true small forward power.

He should be given a shot to show all he is still an asset to the side for 2013. Even if it his last year , dont leaving him hanging . Give him a game against the Swans and if he stinks it up its over. If he doesn't we have a Chappy for the finals.

Its not about the running power , we have plenty of that. Chappy is still a magnificent convertor. In play and setshot. He eats pressure for breakfast. He is a big game player. And with SJ in the midfield we lack true small forward power.

He should be given a shot to show all he is still an asset to the side for 2013. Even if it his last year , dont leaving him hanging . Give him a game against the Swans and if he stinks it up its over. If he doesn't we have a Chappy for the finals.

Well summarised. Got to get the remaining games under his belt, now or never.
I think Scotty is playing his cards close to his chest, and why not?
Chappy's an ace.
I'd like to improve midfield clearances, low rates conveniently forgotten
in the last whitewash. Chuck him around there, true grit guaranteed.

I agree that one more game in the VFL may do him good.

But the latter comment is silly, in my opinion, considering his form early in the season.

do you think there could be anything in the 2nd game back theory where players generally put in a fairly average performance the week after returning?

If so, could Chappy be kept back until round 1 of finals perhaps?

Hey guys good luck for the weekend. I cannot wait for our match on Saturday. Reading through the stats on the AFL online app it is interesting to note how close our teams are in all key statistics such as points for and against, clearances, disposals, possessions, disposal efficiency and tackles. I hope we are in for a thriller ! I don't think the boys will fear Kardinia Park too much as most of the side played in that famous win we had in 2011. Might I just add your home record is outstanding and something to be proud of your team for. I think this might be the grand final preview. Ill be tipping my boys by 6 points !

do you think there could be anything in the 2nd game back theory where players generally put in a fairly average performance the week after returning?

If so, could Chappy be kept back until round 1 of finals perhaps?

With that theory.........And the game after that?

Hey guys good luck for the weekend. I cannot wait for our match on Saturday. Reading through the stats on the AFL online app it is interesting to note how close our teams are in all key statistics such as points for and against, clearances, disposals, possessions, disposal efficiency and tackles. I hope we are in for a thriller ! I don't think the boys will fear Kardinia Park too much as most of the side played in that famous win we had in 2011. Might I just add your home record is outstanding and something to be proud of your team for. I think this might be the grand final preview. Ill be tipping my boys by 6 points !

I like your optimism as much as I like your selective memory.
There was something famous about 2011.:D
Good luck though, hope you're right AND wrong,
it's a long way to come for a muddy flogging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back