Preview AFL Round 7 - Geelong v Essendon, Etihad Stadium, 7:50PM Friday 10 May

Predict the result

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Essendon don't have explosive mids either so he's a perfect match-up whereas Richmond a very fast.

Heppell, Watson, Hocking, Stanton (maybe out) while Zaharakis is their speedster who is also a very damaging footballer who kicks goals like Bundy.

Yup, our midfielders are quite slow, Zaharakis is speedy, Jetta is quick (if in) and Howlett has some toe about him, but the rest are slow.
No Stanton is a big blow for us, we've got a low win percentage from him not playing.

They may consider vardy in with pods down back.not that i like it but if hurley is back the dons really have the height to stretch us,and i dont see brown being picked,so we may have to cover it another way.
I don't think. No I'm sure they wont pick Vardy and him coming back into the side will have little to do with what some others are saying about knocking the door down either,they will have a plan for him and they will stick to it IMO.
A fit and firing Vardy come September will be the priority he would be huge for us come finals..

I don't think. No I'm sure they wont pick Vardy and him coming back into the side will have little to do with what some others are saying about knocking the door down either,they will have a plan for him and they will stick to it IMO.
A fit and firing Vardy come September will be the priority he would be huge for us come finals..

Yes (1) he won't be rucking at least for a while (because CS said so), if ever again, and (2) he's most likely to be in the 2nds for at least another 3 weeks or so because CS and Knights both said so.

Yes (1) he won't be rucking at least for a while (because CS said so), if ever again, and (2) he's most likely to be in the 2nds for at least another 3 weeks or so because CS and Knights both said so.
See I knew they would have a plan you don't take chances with talent like him.

Please explain Turbo,He came pretty much as a boy in a mans body,so I take it you are talking more than just the physical?

Not body ypo. His performance level seems consistent across the game , and has been in the best every game so far. I think he's ready for a slab of game in the 1's but of course there is no gimme spot at Geelong.

I agree with the 1 change of Chapman for Murdoch and Smedts for the green vest.

GHS to Watson (similar to JPK)
T Hunt to Zaharakis

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bellchambers, Hille, Ryder, Gumbleton, Carlisle, Hooker, Fletcher...V...Mackie, Podsiadly, Blicavs, West, Hawkins, Taylor, Lonergan, can't see both teams playing all their talls in this one given the smaller ground, although this is exactly where Blicavs comes into his element all of a sudden :)
Ryder for Hille
Carlisle for Pears or Hooker
Blicavs is a keeper this week.
Mackie a tall? Suppose he has to be.
Good week for Brown in?

Ryder for Hille
Carlisle for Pears or Hooker
Blicavs is a keeper this week.
Mackie a tall? Suppose he has to be.
Good week for Brown in?

Carlisle for Pears
Fletcher for Hardingham
Heppell for Melksham
Winderlich for Jetta
Ryder for Hille
Hurley for Gumby or Merrett

Love the idea of GHS to Watson, id let poodle run loose.

Unless zaharakis is playing too well and we have to stop him id prefer to let Hunt run off the wing all day.

In chapman, out Murdoch

That would be it for me

Probably Guthrie the sub over smedts

That makes them look better on paper.
Tissue paper, hahaha!:D

Ordinarily you wouldn't want to make so many changes but in light of yesterday's performance I think it's needed. Second stringers weren't up to it, against mediocre opposition.

I was confident we would go well against you guys but after yesterday I can see us being put back in our place, in a big way.

I'm not as confident about Hyphen playing on Watson, he's a step above Kennedy...strength-wise they'd be similar but Watson is a machine at the moment.
Best user of the footy in the league, hits a teammate with a handball that quickly and precisely before he even gets tackled to the ground while his endurance is going to have Hyphen throwing up his guts on the sidelines.

I don't know at what stage of the game Horlin-Smith went on to Kennedy, but Corey certainly took Kennedy for at least the whole of the 1st 1/4. It may be a case of similarly sharing the load around with Watson.

Yeah, went to a game there once and got drenched sitting in the outer. Abomination of a ground.

Remember looking it up in the Melways and noticing it's nestled between the zoo and a cemetary. Says it all really.

I have bad memories of Princes Park. Nice ground but the only 2 games I ever went to there were memorable for the wrong reasons- Milburn knocking out Silvagni in 2001 and feeling scared as a kid by the feral behaviour of Carlton supporters that day, and Round 3 2004 where I witnessed one of the most insipid performances from any Geelong team I've ever seen.

And no matter what , Vardy must be an in at some stage. The way he gets up to the ball is very rare , but its more than that. When he is right he can lead mark and kick or he can leap and grab. He has hands like few players. (Matty Richardson / Nick Riewoldt) but with Vardy when he shoots at goal he seems a very good set shot.

Vardy won't play this week. Ripping it up in the VFL but probably needs 2 or so more games there to consolidate his form and ease his way back into things. Would be handy against Essendon in terms of his accuracy and ability to leap/grab, but unfortunately he's come back into the twos at a bad time.

Wonder who Poodle and Corey will tag on Friday night. GHS is probably the ideal matchup for Watson with his ball-winning ability but could those two maybe take him? They are good at shut-down roles, plus easing the load for GHS and thinking outside the box in terms to our options could be something to take into account.

I like that match-up, Corey v Watson would be my choice which would mean they lose their structure down back again so who plays in Corey's spot at half back?

Well, Guthrie has come in since then, and Bartel could also move back there again.
I think they'll still share Watson around though, I doubt Corey could do it the whole game; I don't know how long he stayed with Kennedy, because I didn't watch the replay past 1/4 time.

Just my opinion is all, I think Brown is finished to be honest as he didn't a call up the last 3-4 weeks so can't see that changing now, especially against very physical forwards like Crameri and Bellchambers who would enjoy throwing their weight around in this game.

Agree, playing Brown on big forwards simply isn't an option at this point in time. He'd get monstered against Crameri/Bellchambers and doesn't offer enough in the way of physicality or being able to compete. Hopefully that changes in time but right now Brown would be a liability in our side should he get the call up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back