All new AFL player ratings.

Remove this Banner Ad

haha totally forgot these rankings existed.

Now that they've added their so called 'one on one contest data' McPharlin is now rated lower than he was last year.

Oh and apparently Watts is the 30th best defender in the league... which makes him better than every single defender at Freo except for Johnson.

Apparently to defend well you need to let your opponents run off you while looking like a complete dunce.

Do they count everything except ruck taps when rating ruckmen?

Looking at NicNat's score I assume points are heavily weighted towards how many times the broadcaster shows you walking in slow motion.

As much as I think that the Official Player Ratings (TM) is a bag of dicks, it's good to see MJ hit the list of top 5 defenders.

http://www.afl.com.au/afl-player-ratings

Is this the first time in the history of these ratings thay a Freo player has featured in the top 5 of anything?

Sorry Tonga Bob even with your esteemed self and accompanying god-like avatar asking the question I can't bring myself to look at that shyte.
And fair enough too, you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Here's a pic for you...

mj.JPG
And nary a Shannon Hurn in sight...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im happy someone finally invented an effortometer. Now we have a quantitative means of measuring great effort

Im happy someone finally invented an effortometer. Now we have a quantitative means of measuring great effort

Not unless Ross approves the mathematical and scientific formula behind it and proceeds to give it his tick of approval.

The system was developed backwards from a prejudged idea of who they thought best 10 or so players were IMO. Design criteria: Ablett has to be no. 1, has to include Rioli, Dangerfield, Franklin, NN etc etc. Hence the biasing towards the above stats mentioned by Belnakor. It produces a list with not too much to argue with in top 10 or 20 bar the names missing (I.E. rather who is there) but creates totally nonsensical rankings for almost every other player in the comp as it disproportionally rewards one way running, players playing in high scoring teams that defend poorly (and you could argue over values players of equivalent ability in teams of differing performance) and penalises defenders in general.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back