Easy Fixture
Highlight : Win against North under the roof
Low Light : Loss against Hawthorn

Second Section : 13 games, 3 wins & 10 loses
Harder fixture
Teams improving
Highlight : Home wins against Collingwood & Geelong
Low light : Gazza getting injured & Brisbane loss

So GWS win today at Etihad against the Bulldogs and take some real positive energy into 2015.

GWS have had a cracker 2nd half of the season, really stood up. Complete opposite to us.

Now I'm not bagging Bluey... But does anyone else think it a bit strange that he has started using the "young average age of our team" and not being able to run out 4qtrs after a long season excuse again?

And then you have GWS, I'm guessing a similar average age or possibly younger, with 1 less pre-season, still playing out 4qtrs at good intensity football and winning games?

Now I'm not bagging Bluey... But does anyone else think it a bit strange that he has started using the "young average age of our team" and not being able to run out 4qtrs after a long season excuse again?

That was a weird presser
Bluey has sounded recently like a coach who is finally facing his mortality after 6 years
We don't play finals next year and his chances of seeing 2016 are slim you would reckon and that's tough for anyone

That was a weird presser
Bluey has sounded recently like a coach who is finally facing his mortality after 6 years
We don't play finals next year and his chances of seeing 2016 are slim you would reckon and that's tough for anyone

Next year could definitely be make or break for Bluey. Footy is a business, targets need to be met, every player and coach must meet their KPI's.

I think the 2nd half of the season has definitely stressed Bluey out, more than normal... I guess after our glowing 1st half of the season, to crash and burn like we have in the 2nd half of the season has been a definite reality check for all coaching staff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The next 3 years are the window for us . Be successful( im talking playing finals, maybe making a GF or Prelim final, not asking to be premiers) and we will continue to grow our membership and support. But can vision disaster if we don't make the final 8 in this time frame... as like the Titans have experienced, the Gold Coast supporter base is very fickle and is very quick to dump their support if success is not happening.

Lets face it
In the last 7 games we weren't even competitive in 4 of them, as in weren't in the game at any stage
Bulldogs Brisbane Carlton and WCE
The other 3
We got lucky with the weather and Ports bad kicking
St Kilda...well...St Kilda
We were okay against Essendon

Just a terrible way to end the season against the very teams we need to measure ourselves against

After watching Port Adelaide the past few weeks during finals..
I really do think Port Adelaide play a very similar game plan to us.. Both take the game on.. Look unstoppable when we play with no fear.
Just they are more consistent and probably a extra 10mins a qtr.. Or even just a 3rd or 4th qtr lapse from the Suns cost us all year..
If you look down our lines..

Port FF Neade Schulz wingard. Suns FF Day Dixon Matera
Port HF Gray Westoff White. Suns HF Hall Lynch Martin
Port c Pollock Wines Hartlett. Suns c. Swallow Ablett Harbrow
Port hb Impey Hombsce pittard. Suns hb. Kolo May Mckenzie
Port Fb Trengrove carlile jonas. Suns Fb lemmens Thompson broughton
Port Fol lobbe boak cornes. Suns fol Nicholls O'Meara Prestia

We should s**t all over them!!
To me they all match up pretty well.. I'd think maybe our key forwards are abit taller and stronger.. They only play 2 tall forwards 190cm+ gray plays tall but is only 183cm tall.. I think by mid season 2015 we'll know what to do with the 3rd key forward Day.. 1 way or another.
Our mids are coming on.. A year or 2 ago I was thinking are we ever going to have a player other then ablett get 20 touches a game.. Now days with Prestia swallow and omeara it's a given!! Tough as they come too
They also have Cornes 1 of the best taggers in the game.. Deffinetly need to find a Sun to put the team first and tag out the oppositions best mid if we're wanting to challenge top 4 next year.
Our key backs are some of the best in the league.. s**t all over Trengrove and Carlile
Half backs will be genuine guns Kolo and Mckenzie

Another pre season or 2 I'd expect us to go straight past Port Adelaide aslong as we get our development coaches right and the high performance team push the guys this pre season
Really excited for 2015!! Can't wait
2015 the year of the Suns!

After watching Port Adelaide the past few weeks during finals..
I really do think Port Adelaide play a very similar game plan to us.. Both take the game on.. Look unstoppable when we play with no fear.
Just they are more consistent and probably a extra 10mins a qtr.. Or even just a 3rd or 4th qtr lapse from the Suns cost us all year..
If you look down our lines..

Port FF Neade Schulz wingard. Suns FF Day Dixon Matera
Port HF Gray Westoff White. Suns HF Hall Lynch Martin
Port c Pollock Wines Hartlett. Suns c. Swallow Ablett Harbrow
Port hb Impey Hombsce pittard. Suns hb. Kolo May Mckenzie
Port Fb Trengrove carlile jonas. Suns Fb lemmens Thompson broughton
Port Fol lobbe boak cornes. Suns fol Nicholls O'Meara Prestia

We should s**t all over them!!
To me they all match up pretty well.. I'd think maybe our key forwards are abit taller and stronger.. They only play 2 tall forwards 190cm+ gray plays tall but is only 183cm tall.. I think by mid season 2015 we'll know what to do with the 3rd key forward Day.. 1 way or another.
Our mids are coming on.. A year or 2 ago I was thinking are we ever going to have a player other then ablett get 20 touches a game.. Now days with Prestia swallow and omeara it's a given!! Tough as they come too
They also have Cornes 1 of the best taggers in the game.. Deffinetly need to find a Sun to put the team first and tag out the oppositions best mid if we're wanting to challenge top 4 next year.
Our key backs are some of the best in the league.. s**t all over Trengrove and Carlile
Half backs will be genuine guns Kolo and Mckenzie

Another pre season or 2 I'd expect us to go straight past Port Adelaide aslong as we get our development coaches right and the high performance team push the guys this pre season
Really excited for 2015!! Can't wait
2015 the year of the Suns!
I think we match up on Port quite well just they currently have a number of more experienced players, bigger bodies

Better!!!
Much better
tumblr_m4yqkljUOw1ro8ysbo1_500.gif

Seeing the Suns at the bottom there gives me the chills. Good start to the 2015 season already.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2014-10-07 at 17.25.05.png
    Screenshot 2014-10-07 at 17.25.05.png
    65 KB · Views: 4
Back