Aussie NBA watch 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

That game is supposed to be streaming on the NBA Aus (Sportal) website but I can't get it to work at the moment.
I was trying to watch it there too. Would be okay for 30 seconds or so (albeit with the director's instructions audible), but then you'd see an "experiencing technical difficulties" message.

EDIT: Seems to have righted itself now.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah it's pretty stupid playing him as scoring guard, he has no idea how to be a scoring guard, not to mention at this stage he's not a great shooter.

I think it's just like we predicted before the start of the season, he's going to take another 3 years before he's a good player who is truly ready to run a team at PG. I just hope it's not too bumpy a road while he's developing.
Just imagine how good Dante could be with his natural ability if he just showed the same type of effort and energy that Delly does? I sometimes think he is just content with walking or running up the court, passing to the first available player ( even Gobert) and then just running into the corner. Either he is being told to do this by the coach or he thinks that is all he is capable of at the moment. That is not a point guard in my opinion, he should be more aggressive and control the offence when on the court. He seems to be too afraid to make a mistake, so just play it safe and almost stay out of the way. I hope this is just a 19 yr old thing as he has much more ability than he is showing but at a minimum he has to lift the energy and effort level. Someone get him a tape of Delly and show him what he should be aiming at effort wise.

You make some good points but to be fair Delly is 24 and was battle hardened from four years of college ball. Still need a bit of time to assess Exum correctly imo.
It took a long time for Patty to get going. But having said that he did always have a flair about him. I think Exum is a bit lost due to the massive jump in competition and preparation.

You make some good points but to be fair Delly is 24 and was battle hardened from four years of college ball. Still need a bit of time to assess Exum correctly imo.
It took a long time for Patty to get going. But having said that he did always have a flair about him. I think Exum is a bit lost due to the massive jump in competition and preparation.
I agree, which is why I said that I hope it is just a 19 yrs old issue, but I still think he floats around a little bit with not much energy, missing out defensive opportunities and boxing his man etc... I actually think he would have really benefited from 2 yrs in college but I understand why he didn't take that path but in doing so I think he has put some extra pressure on himself as his lack of strength and energy stands out more.
I suppose I also love seeing the type of energy that Delly and Patty bring and always seemed to have done. I remember Delly back in the Olympics when still in College and even then he was tenacious. Anyway, I certainly hope Dante learns that as well and we see this develop as he builds his strength and conditioning. I will just have to keep reminding myself of his age and the jump in competition he is taking which is unprecedented really.

Context: Pop was saying a few weeks back they don't have Baynes on the opposite team to Duncan at practice.

My fantasy player Robin Lopez is out with a broken hand "after a collision with Aron Baynes"

Keep that man away from Bogut leading up to Rio.

Not a bad game from Exum today. 12 pts on 5/7 shooting, 2rbs, 2 ast, 1 stl, 1 blk. He really seemed more into the game and his confidence was up. He was moving well on defence and even took Jrue Holiday to the rim on one occasion finishing and getting fouled with the and 1. He made a huge put back right on the 3qtr time buzzer, flying in for the offensive rebound. He was also hitting his threes. Not sure but I think 12 points is a regular season high for him.

Interesting what a little bit of energy and a bit more effort will do for you. He was even hustling and harassing on defence which I have barely seen him do all year.

Me likey.... More of this please Dante! Don't be afraid to take them on, you might surprise yourself!

Last edited:
Just imagine how good Dante could be with his natural ability if he just showed the same type of effort and energy that Delly does? I sometimes think he is just content with walking or running up the court, passing to the first available player ( even Gobert) and then just running into the corner. Either he is being told to do this by the coach or he thinks that is all he is capable of at the moment. That is not a point guard in my opinion, he should be more aggressive and control the offence when on the court. He seems to be too afraid to make a mistake, so just play it safe and almost stay out of the way. I hope this is just a 19 yr old thing as he has much more ability than he is showing but at a minimum he has to lift the energy and effort level. Someone get him a tape of Delly and show him what he should be aiming at effort wise.

Yeah he need to penetrate more often. It's the same with with all Aussie PG's, including Delly and Mills. For some reason we don't taught to beat your man off the dribble, which is usually what you need to do from time to time in the NBA. It's always pass first.

Yeah he need to penetrate more often. It's the same with with all Aussie PG's, including Delly and Mills. For some reason we don't taught to beat your man off the dribble, which is usually what you need to do from time to time in the NBA. It's always pass first.
Wouldnt include Mills in that he's was very attacking in college.
Joining the Spurs was the best thing that happened to him.

Yeh I agree for the most part although I think Patty has done so in patches and seemed to be willing to take the game on more as his confidence grew last season.

This is also why I love Dante so much but at the same time get so frustrated watching him. He definitely has both the talent and athletic ability to take on the defence off the dribble but just doesn't seem to trust his natural instincts at the moment. He is a bit too passive when he should take the game on. He will make some mistakes and miss some shots but he will learn quicker while at the same time showing all the doubters and haters that he is the real deal. On what I've seen he definitely has the ability, just seems to lack confidence and a bit of strength and muscle.

I hope he continues to play more like yesterday and not go back into his shell. He and Ben Simmons could be like nothing we have ever seen before in Australian Basketball. I get excited thinking about the future but they have to not be afraid to show their talents and take the game on.

Dante with another 10 today. He definitely needs to attack the rim more, however I think it's due to a lack of confidence in his handle. His handles are still pretty weak IMO, his left hand isn't great. Tighten them up and you'll see more dribble drive penetration from him, especially in traffic. The rare times he's take it to the rim is when there's a clear straight line driving lane.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back