Best 22 in 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Ruck : Shane Mumford (94) [Downie, Phillips, Lobb]

KPF : Jeremy Cameron(182), Tom Boyd (581) [McCarthy, Stewart]

KPD : Phil Davis (383),Tim Mohr (303) [Stewart]

Medium Defender : Heath Shaw (99), Nick Haynes (414)

Rebound Defender : Curtly Hampton (333)

Small Defender : Tomas Bugg (400)

Small forward : Devon Smith(86), Will Hoskin-Elliot (312), Rhys Palmer (303)

Running Wing : Tom Scully (153), Josh Kelly (436),

Big Wing : Adam Tomlinson (362)

Inside Mids : Toby Greene (219), Adam Treloar (61), Callan Ward (22),

Outside Mid : Stephen Coniglio(265), Lachie Whitfield (262), Dylan Shiel (122)

I've put that list in the "modern" positions, disregarding interchange and so on. There's an issue at ruck, if Mumford goes down. Suggested depth are in brackets, at least until my brain went 'moar coffee'

Ruck : Shane Mumford (94) [Downie, Phillips, Lobb]

KPF : Jeremy Cameron(182), Tom Boyd (581) [McCarthy, Stewart]

KPD : Phil Davis (383),Tim Mohr (303) [Stewart]

Medium Defender : Heath Shaw (99), Nick Haynes (414)

Rebound Defender : Curtly Hampton (333)

Small Defender : Tomas Bugg (400)

Small forward : Devon Smith(86), Will Hoskin-Elliot (312), Rhys Palmer (303)

Running Wing : Tom Scully (153), Josh Kelly (436),

Big Wing : Adam Tomlinson (362)

Inside Mids : Toby Greene (219), Adam Treloar (61), Callan Ward (22),

Outside Mid : Stephen Coniglio(265), Lachie Whitfield (262), Dylan Shiel (122)

I've put that list in the "modern" positions, disregarding interchange and so on. There's an issue at ruck, if Mumford goes down. Suggested depth are in brackets, at least until my brain went 'moar coffee'

No place for, or mention of, Adam Kennedy? Would have thought he was easily a regular best 22

Mohr did his acl so won't be back until mid year at best, as far as a replacement goes hopefull we can get Patfull

Yeah I looked up Patfull earlier today, that is just what we need he marks the oppostions best for Lions

B: Adam Kennedy, Tim Mohr, Heath Shaw

HB: Curtly Hampton, Phil Davis, Nick Haynes

C: Lachie Whitfield, Dylan Shiel, Joshua Kelly

HF: Adam Tomlinson, Jonathan Patton, Will Hoskin-Elliot

F: Rhys Palmer, Jeremy Cameron, Devon Smith

R: Shane Mumford, Adam Treloar, Callan Ward

INT: Tom Scully, Stephen Coniglio, Toby Greene, Thomas Bugg

Patton and Mohr both gone with an acl but apart from that its pretty close to the money at this stage

Scully to the wing
Patfull to KPD
Kelly to HFF
Tomlinson to CHF
Pick 5 to the bench

How would you GWS fans rank your mids, in terms of highest ceiling and is likely to hit it?

How would you GWS fans rank your mids, in terms of highest ceiling and is likely to hit it?

Kelly and WHE could become anything. They will be breaking lines and beating guys for pace for the next five years.

Ward is already at his ceiling - gun who will be at or about the AA team. Treloar is heading to that ceiling.

Shiel and Coniglio are silk, and have time.

Kennedy is under-rated. Greene is a ball butcher, but he's our ball butcher and you dont ever want to be between him and a football.

Scully has the ability to run all day, and close off space the other side thought they had on the rebound. That doesnt do much when you're the only guy that can do it, but add the pace of Kelly and WHE and you'll see more fast breaks rapidly head for the boundary line as the corridor closes shut.

Kelly and WHE could become anything. They will be breaking lines and beating guys for pace for the next five years.

Ward is already at his ceiling - gun who will be at or about the AA team. Treloar is heading to that ceiling.

Shiel and Coniglio are silk, and have time.

Kennedy is under-rated. Greene is a ball butcher, but he's our ball butcher and you dont ever want to be between him and a football.

Scully has the ability to run all day, and close off space the other side thought they had on the rebound. That doesnt do much when you're the only guy that can do it, but add the pace of Kelly and WHE and you'll see more fast breaks rapidly head for the boundary line as the corridor closes shut.

Whitfield?

Yeah I looked up Patfull earlier today, that is just what we need he marks the oppostions best for Lions
yea Patful is Brisbanes best defender, you guys would do well with him

you guys need 2 defensive forwards, you dont seem to have any, which means teams will just run out of defense once the ball hits the ground most times............also if you could land a 40+ goal small forward would be great if you could get a combo player like our Breust (def forward who kicks 60 gls) it would be perfect

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you guys need 2 defensive forwards, you dont seem to have any, which means teams will just run out of defense once the ball hits the ground most times............also if you could land a 40+ goal small forward would be great if you could get a combo player like our Breust (def forward who kicks 60 gls) it would be perfect
Mate u have no idea.... Geeze win a couple premierships and u reckon ur a crystal ball

Some clubs develop talent rather than buy it like u guys

Flog

Mate u have no idea.... Geeze win a couple premierships and u reckon ur a crystal ball

Some clubs develop talent rather than buy it like u guys

Flog

Roughead, Lewis, Suckling, Mitchell, Duryea, Hill, Whitecross, Sewell, Birchall, Hodge, Smith, Breust, Stratton, Shiels, Puopolo, Langford, Rioli. All best 22 and all developed by us.

I don't think he was having a go mate. Chill out.

Totally agree that Patfull would be a huge plus. I don't agree with your other comments.
Palmer and Bugg can play defensive forward very well and Palmer had an excellent year kicking 23 goals.
This year the only small forwards to kick 40+ goals were Breust, Betts, Thomas, Grey, Wingard and Ballantyne and can't see any of them going anywhere.
Have you seen Hoskin-Elliott and Devon Smith? Both kicked 26 and if you put them in the Hawthorn forward line would probably have kicked 40 plus. WHE could be anything and Smith also provides excellent defensive pressure.

I think the Giants need an elite kick or two in the backline more - I have always thought that the Giants should make a play for Suckling in this regard.

Roughead, Lewis, Suckling, Mitchell, Duryea, Hill, Whitecross, Sewell, Birchall, Hodge, Smith, Breust, Stratton, Shiels, Puopolo, Langford, Rioli. All best 22 and all developed by us.

I don't think he was having a go mate. Chill out.
Ok I perhaps should thave thought about the development thing before posting but ur statements about the team show very little understanding of the giants list

It's frustrating

o_O

The same point has been made on this board plenty of times by Lions' supporters - we don't really have any small forwards outside Devon Smith, who's now moving more into the midfield.

It's almost like fans know their own teams pretty well, and dont know s**t about other sides ...

It's almost like fans know their own teams pretty well, and dont know s**t about other sides ...

I just don't get why he's getting his throat jumped down when he's not saying anything we haven't.

B: Adam Kennedy, Joel Patfull, Heath Shaw

C: Lachie Whitfield, Ryan Griffin, Joshua Kelly

HF: Adam Tomlinson, Jeremy Cameron, Will Hoskin-Elliot

F: Rhys Palmer, Tom Boyd, Devon Smith

INT: Dylan Shiel, Tom Scully, Stephen Coniglio, Toby Greene

-------------------------BEST 22------------------------------------

B: Tim Mohr (303),Phil Davis (383), Patfull (148),

HB: Heath Shaw (99), Callan Ward (22), Curtly Hampton (333),

M: Tom Scully (153), Dylan Shiel (122) , Josh Kelly (436),

HF: Stephen Coniglio(265) Jeremy Cameron(182), Lachie Whitfield (262)

F: Devon Smith(86), Tom Boyd (581), Will Hoskin-Elliot (312)

R: Shane Mumford (94), Toby Greene (219), Adam Treloar (61)

Int: Kennedt (331), Adam Tomlinson (362) Rhys Palmer (303)

Sub: Nick Haynes (414)

Much better balance with Patfull. On the AFL Washup they said we need to stop opposition KPFs burning us.
This year a KPF got 11 goals in a game against us, twice (Kennedy and Riedwoldt). With Davis and Patfull we can mark their two best bigs out of the game and go on and win the tight ones having 4 losses by 8 or less and another by 15.

Last edited:
-------------------------BEST 22------------------------------------

B: Tim Mohr (303),Phil Davis (383), Patfull (148),

HB: Heath Shaw (99), Callan Ward (22), Curtly Hampton (333),

M: Tom Scully (153), Dylan Shiel (122) , Josh Kelly (436),

HF: Stephen Coniglio(265) Jeremy Cameron(182), Lachie Whitfield (262)

F: Devon Smith(86), Tom Boyd (581), Will Hoskin-Elliot (312)

R: Shane Mumford (94), Toby Greene (219), Adam Treloar (61)

Int: Kennedt (331), Adam Tomlinson (362) Rhys Palmer (303)

Sub: Nick Haynes (414)
mate Mohr wont be playing...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back